Young Guys seeking Older men

MrJimSir

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I guess we are all somewhat fixated on the conditions during which we had our best times. The same seems to work for music, cars, movies, and the like. Unfortunately we may be living our lives focused on the past and missing a lot of great opportunities today. Something to consider.

I like younger guys. That said, I saw a "Thought for Today" in the paper and taped it to my refrigerator:

Paradoxical as it may seem, to believe in youth is to look backward; to look forward, we must believe in age.
Dorothy L. Sayers,British Author (1893-1957)

I taped it up so I would see it in the hopes that I would eventually understand it.

MrJimSir, I can really identify with your thought-of-the-day. Perhaps it means that age brings wisdom, experience, and a host of other qualities that have value. On the other hand, a good-looking 22-year-old guy (or girl) can always take our breath away.

You and I are about the same age. It would be great to think that (as sexual interest) we were in demand like we were at that magical age of 22. Everyone loves puppies and a few of us know that old dogs can also steel you heart.

I recommend viewing the following link on happiness. Apparently those with fewer choices may actually have a better shot at happiness than do those (22 year olds) with too much choice. At least that is something for me to consider while I am walking on the beach these days.

http://www.ted.com/playlists/4/what_makes_us_happy.html

Reactions: Cm4hjl

michaang

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One thing I have noticed, however, is that they all seemed very mature for their age; perhaps they found people their own age too puerile for their tastes. Other than that I can't really explain the phenomenon, I'm just happy for it.

That's a large part of what attracts me to older guys: maturity, at least on a reasonable level close to mine if not more so.

D_Aurifice_Stupher

Account Disabled
Media
I'm 51, and currently have a 30 year old on A4A wanting to get together with me so he can tap my ass. Says he's already done a 63 and 65 year old, so I am a few years younger.

Yup, doing what I can to make this happen. He's got one hell of a nice cock between his legs. He says it's been awhile since he last got laid. I got a 4-day weekend. ;-)

MrJimSir

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
MrJimSir, I can really identify with your thought-of-the-day. Perhaps it means that age brings wisdom, experience, and a host of other qualities that have value. On the other hand, a good-looking 22-year-old guy (or girl) can always take our breath away.

You and I are about the same age. It would be great to think that (as sexual interest) we were in demand like we were at that magical age of 22. Everyone loves puppies and a few of us know that old dogs can also steel you heart.

I recommend viewing the following link on happiness. Apparently those with fewer choices may actually have a better shot at happiness than do those (22 year olds) with too much choice. At least that is something for me to consider while I am walking on the beach these days.

http://www.ted.com/playlists/4/what_makes_us_happy.html
Hey, thanks for the link! I watched only the first video so far, but I intend to watch the whole series.

Not to get too deep on LPSG, but I passed the first "pop quiz" in the video because I had seen this story yesterday:

Robert Spencer | 1952-2013: Disabled at age 17, he made opportunities from challenges | The Columbus Dispatch

The comment in the video about "freedom to choose" reminded me of a famous book I read by Viktor Frankl -- see Viktor Frankl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (BTW, a little piece of advice I got from him is "shave every day" so I don't look so old. He said it helped him survive! lol)

You've given me a lot more to ponder besides my "quote of the day." Thanks!

Also BTW I REALLY love old dogs! I used to have one that knew when I was depressed and would stay with me the whole time.

Great article: Its always comes down to that cup-half-full / cup-half-empty attitude choice.

Somewhere in those TED presentations is one titled “Thirty is Not the New Twenty”. Apparently most of us get our act together during our 20s. It is not clear if the process is developmental or a form of imprinting but is a critical period.

Also, native Texan here and don’t plan to leave the state, but did 4 year graduate degree at WVU –Morgantown. After I made it past the culture shock, really fell in love with the area

amadordelsexo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
well mate THIS IS A RARE CASE.BUT CURRENTLY I CONTACT STRAIGHT GUY BY INTERNET ADVERTISEMENT
25 YEARS OLD THE POINT IS THAT HE USE A SECOND PERSON IN THIS SPECIFIC CASE 51 YEARS OLD MAN, FOR PREVIOUS CONTACT
SEEN SUCH NATURE MAN PUT ADVERTISEMENT TO HIM AND OTHER GUY IN INTERNET
AND ALSO SEEN HE IS WHO RECOMMEND OR NOT TO THE YOUNG BOY
WHAT IS CLEAR IS THAT THE YOUNG BOY IS WELL
HUNG 8 INCHES AND THINK GOOD GIRTH
AND THE OTHER POINT HE IS IN THE SEARCH. OF MATURE MEN OVER 50 BUT THEY MUST BE THIN ,AND AS BEST APPEARANCE. AS POSSIBLE.
BUT SUDDENLY CAN BE POSSIBLE SUCH MATURE FRIEND USE THE FIGURE OF IMAGINARY A YOUNG GUY TO CATCH EASILY SEVERAL INTERNET CONTACT BUT FOR HIMSELF
HE IS VERY POLITE BY SMS MESSAGE.
BUT REALLY IN THIS CASE COULD NOT EXIST ANY YOUNG GUY,IS HIMSELF

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Now don't crucify me if I'm wrong but I've noticed in the gay community that there is that trend of young guy wanting/dating a much older guy. Why is that? I mean I would think you would want someone round your own age, near it, or at least I wouldn't wanna fuck/date a chick 30 yrs older than me... Thoughts?

they have more money to spend; they usually are better conversationalists and have entry to more society events.

Reactions: keenobserver

Ichabodcrane84

1st Like
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
I am in my 20s and older men with washes of gray or even somewhat younger with premature salt and pepper drive me wild. Maybe it's because I am not a partier and I am all about the slow and steady, let's be best friends sort of thing. I love hairy bodies though and I find that most younger guys are into manscaping and all that... such a turnoff! If I wanted to get with a woman, I would go the whole nine yards. I want a MAN!

Reactions: grommet10429360

RSMH

Worshipped Member
Media

A lot of different and interesting perspectives are shared throughout this thread so far which IMHO makes for an overall good read.

D

deleted3782

Are older guys the new "must have" accessory this season?

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I guess it comes down to what the younger and older guy are ultimately looking for. There IS a large class of younger who honestly are attracted to and desire much older guys, and honestly have zero desire for younger or there own age. The same is true for older into younger, there are those with a strong natural attraction. Then there are those whose perspective has been skewed by some life event or issue, on both sides of the coin. Then there is the group, again on both sides of the coin, that are out to try and get something from the inter-generational guy that they perceive has value to them personally, and are willing to forgo their usual attractions to get it. Reasons are as individual as the person, and there is no broad generalization that can be made about the whys or wherefores.

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
... Reasons are as individual as the person, and there is no broad generalization that can be made about the whys or wherefores.

That has been my experience. When I first started playing with guys I was somewhat reluctant to take on a guy who was a lot younger than I, for fear that it would be all about some kinky daddy/son fetish. But in time I learned that that sort of role play is not particularly common. The younger set that I've had sex with (both guys and gals) all had a preference for older guys that was based on more substantive reasons.

Reactions: Iowa641

sundancerco

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I read a study done by the University of California, Palo Alto, where they interviewed men and women who had been with a older partner. The relationship had to have been over at least 5 years to remove emotion from the study. I read this study about 10 years ago, and can't find it now, but anyway, what they found was that the younger women with older male partners said the older male didn't care about them at all. They were a trophy on his arm. The younger men with older male partners said it was the best relationship they had ever had, that they had opportunities they never dreamed of, and were nurtured. . . I researched this because I had met a younger man, who was 30 years younger than I was. And I didn't want to screw him up. We were together for 5 years, and he was able to finish school, travel, and learn a lot of life skills. I was able to do a lot of things I had not thought of, and enjoy the fun spontaneous personality he had. So, when it clicks between two people, age shouldn't really be factored in I guess.

Reactions: EvERecT

FloridaFree

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I know the OP is pretty old, but I want to weigh in.

I don't understand why someone would want to date someone 30+ years their senior/junior. It doesn't appeal to me. I'm currently dating a guy 7 years older than me. He's older than my older sister. Seemed a bit weird at first, but he's exactly what I like and want. I guess for people who want to date someone way older, even double their age, it's probably a matter of the same thing, it's just what they like.