Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A year and a half ago I found myself newly single at 43. For whatever reason, I attracted a lot of guys almost half my age. Turned out most of them wanted someone to pick up the check. I'm now dating someone 15 years younger than me. At 30 he's not a kid but the fact that we're in way different places in lifespan development rears its head regularly. We've been seeing each other for over a year. He says he doesn't normally go after guys my age but he initially thought I was younger. I'd love someone my own age but most of them are out chasing twinks. My ex is now with a 20 year-old. Parades him around like a trophy and doesn't give a flying fuck about him. Ugly kid too. Poor thing.

Reactions: David.djr

linntg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am in love with a guy thats almost double my age.I dont know exactly why i like it, i think i like the stable life that he has, he is mature and i think he can create a good long relationship, not looking only for useless things.

Wyldwill420

Sexy Member
Media
Hi from San Diego...Dad type here and hoping to find friends of any age to share and see the town etc....Young men can gain some wisdom and insight maybe from the dad type too..Dads too can learn from their young friends...Lets ALL STAY YOUNG as we share the wonders of the modern mens world...!!!

jesusofsuburbia

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Interesting thread. I always assumed that young guys who liked old guys were far fewer than the other way round but this thread implies the opposite is true - old guys are more sought out than younger guys. I suppose because soicety tends to view the 20s as one's prime this is surprising. However, society's tendencies are dictated through heterosexual relationships; in this case youth is seen as WAY more desirable (I think this is pretty indisputable - sexualised images are almost always of those under 35).

As a young guy that prefers guys aged 50+, it is hard to explain my attraction. I think a lot of it is due to enjoying the imbalances in such a relationship. I feel more appreciated by an older guy: like I'm valuable and special. With a guy my own age at university I'm one of many. In economic terms, with guys my own age there's a much larger supply and hence the demand (i.e. appreciation) for me would be lower: I'd be mundane to a college guy that hooks up with someone like me every week but perhaps uniquely youthful/vibrant/attractive to an older guy.

I also find older guys more domineering in bed, which I love. I am a total bottom and I think the perceived authority of much older men fits well with my sexual desires. This is probably why I find old men in suits particularly irresistible. Hence also why older top and younger bottom tends to be the most common roles in inter-gen relationships.

I have found it difficult to have these desires. Firstly, having an attraction to guys older than my dad (!) has compounded my internalised homophobia and made it harder to come to terms with my sexuality. I'm not just gay but gay in a way that heterosexual society would find especially odd (consider how confused the OP is about these relationships - I can guarantee my friends would share his sentiment but not as politely).

Secondly, even with the internet, finding a suitor is hard. I use silverdaddies mainly but a lot of the guys I found creepy. Especially a couple of years ago when I was 18/19, I found most guys that would show an interest were interested in incest roleplaying, which is not a turn-on to me at all. Most would treat me like I was a kid: they'd offer dumb 'rewards' to try and make me come over, insist on calling me 'boy' and generally be very condescending. Nobody wants to feel like they're being groomed before meeting up for sex.

Now that I'm 22, I find older guys treat me with a bit more respect - like a young man that happens to like old men and that's it. I'd recommend any teens reading this to be careful. A lot of 50+ guys seeking teens (often exclusively) are, to put it bluntly, looking for a kid and not a young man; they have a tendency to be manipulative and a bit creepy in my experience. Go for the guys seeking 20-30 if you still wanna feel appreciated but want a partner that wants a more straight-up relationship/hook-up.

Last edited:
Reactions: keenobserver

k1819

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Count me in as another guy who is very turned on by older men. While it can be quite a turn-on to think of a "daddy" or "daddy bear", I wouldn't say I necessarily have "daddy issues" because that doesn't have to be a part of the play/scene with me; it's just a possible hot role-play aspect with an older man (and an older man easily gives off the possible presumption of natural authority and arousing thoughts of bosses, policemen, firemen, foremen, and the like).

I'm definitely not into skinny/smooth young guys. Give me a big ol' bald, big-bellied hairy bear of a man over a skinny young smooth twink any day.

This has probably been said and repeated here many times (forgive me I haven't read all 9 pages of this thread), but why I find older men so attractive is that many older or "mature" men are comfortable with themselves and where they are in life; they know what they like, and what they want, and have a clear focus on what interests them. They can be more laid-back. They have wisdom and experience and can enjoy sharing that with a younger guy, or "guiding" him, some in a more dominant way, some in a beautiful loving, nurturing way.

I also love how men's bodies change as they age. Oftentimes guys have gained a little more weight, "put on a few pounds" (or many) as is natural, so it's not hard to find barrel chests or big ol' beer guts and bulging bellies among more mature men. And many men go bald on top but start growing more hair all over their bodies, even sprouting all over their shoulders and their back---most of whom sure never ask for it. But all these things turn me on.

And older men often have a very good "comfortable-with-themselves" sense of humor about their "flaws"; if a man can laugh at himself over gaining a "fat belly" or going bald, or sprouting shoulder and back hair, or having big feet, or smelly feet after a long day, that self-deprecating, "I give up, might as well laugh with nature" humorous acceptance turns me on even more. That is a definite plus unique about the male personality, particularly in older guys.

You guys 40 and up rock on!

Last edited:

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was going to stay out of this thread, but I haven't seen many comments from older guys that prefer younger, and what younger brings to my life. First, I have always been attracted to younger guys. I finally stopped trying to figure out my physical attractions, and accepted them There have been a few exceptions, but guys my age and older just don't "do" it for me physically. Emotionally, sure, I can connect well with guys my age, but I will never feel as turned on as I am with a younger guy. Honestly, given how many times younger guys have very harsh attitudes, justified or not, towards older I wish my tastes were different, but they are what they are.
Now as to what a younger guy brings to my life, beyond sex, is a connection with the now and future. It is very easy to slip into comfortable ways and ideas and mindsets---I think this is what causes so many people as they age to start living in the past. A younger guy can and does challenge my ideas and my mindset, and makes me see the world in a fresh perspective. A younger guy will also provide the means and encouragement to try cultural activities and presentations (music, films, shows, activities) that I likely wouldn't explore otherwise. Finally, I have a very strong nurturing and mentoring instinct, and while not all younger guys respond well to this natural tendency, many do and appreciate a perspective based on life experience and learning. I live in a city where it is far more common for older to prefer younger in the community, and there is a fair level of ageist attitude (EWWW___FIlthy old troll!!! Get off my street and die!) amongst the younger, so I don't really pursue much since my last long term relationship with a younger man. I just wanted to give some perspective from the other side of the coin.
smile.gif

wappingite

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My age preference has always been a range of about 5-20 years older than myself, and it's moved with me my entire life. I think its because my sexual and emotional experiences were so much better with more mature guys when I was just coming out and experimenting sexually when I was 18. I've just generally (but not exclusively) resonate with guys who are older. What I find interesting are people who are locked into a very narrow specific age preference (whether 21 or 55) forever even as they age themselves.

Reactions: stephen1169

talgerman

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I don't write much on here, but thought I would give my experience. I was a virgin in the man to man sex until I met a older man. I am 44 years old and he is 56 a 5'11" big bellied, balding and hair all over his body and just a great person to be around as a whole. I new I was attracted to older men and this guy walks into my life JUST seeking friendship. We talked for over six months, then decided it was time to meet. The first few times we met we just hung out watched a movie and dinner. Around the forth time hanging out he kissed me and it was all in from there. I feel if I was with a guy my age or younger it would have been all about the sex from the beginning, but with this being the first time for me I am unsure. Also for us I am primarily the top. A couple people have said here before that they like the security of an older man, but that can go both ways in a relationship. I am a Bi guy that still has a girlfriend and yes she does know, In fact we all live under the same roof. She has asked me why I love the man I am with and I respond do you love him as a friend? Her response was I do. Then there was never another word said or asked. I say do what ever you want in life as long as it does not hurt others around you.

Tx8Thick

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My take on it is that older+fit+hung is a winning combination. It seems to be that way universally. If you have to grow old, then it is best to do so while maintaining your physique. Having a big thick cock also helps. I started hitting the gym when I was in my late 40s, and I feel like I'm more popular now than I was when I was 30! I'm more confident than I ever have been and I think that plays into it too.

Reactions: long_uncut

Interesting thread. I haven't read the first 8 pages, but I also assumed that it would be opposite. As a guy that has only had hetero relationships, I have always leaned towards younger women (1-3 years younger). Now that I am accepting and embracing my gay side, I have to admit that I find younger guys (in their 20s) more physically appealing than older guys like me in their mid 40s. I think this because a majority of guys my age have let themselves go. It has always made me wonder what kind of guy I would go for given the opportunity. I do find that I cannot relate to the hot younger guys with the age gap and differences in life experiences.

My workout buddy is about the same age as me, and I find him very attractive both physically and on an emotional level. He is ripped, and has an ass that I would love to bury my face and cock in. Not all older guys are fat and gross. I too am in very good shape and see lots of people (my age, older and younger) checking me out. I do though look about 10 years younger than my actual age. I guess this means that I'm passing muster because when I'm working out with my buddy, I tend to get more looks than he does on the gym floor and in the open shower from both men and women, and I think he's pretty hot.

My perspective on what is attractive in a man is definitely changing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunkydadpdx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My same sex spouse is 20 years younger and we are together almost 20 wonderful years, married for 10 this year. He approached me initially. I am a strong personality and physically active and remain pretty fit but time will take it's toll on that. As our relationship has only grown stronger over the years I do not worry about it. Feeling pretty fortunate in all respects.

MrJimSir

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Interesting thread. I always assumed that young guys who liked old guys were far fewer than the other way round but this thread implies the opposite is true - old guys are more sought out than younger guys. ...

... having an attraction to guys older than my dad (!) has compounded my internalised homophobia and made it harder to come to terms with my sexuality. I'm not just gay but gay in a way that heterosexual society would find especially odd (consider how confused the OP is about these relationships - I can guarantee my friends would share his sentiment but not as politely).

... Especially a couple of years ago when I was 18/19, I found most guys that would show an interest were interested in incest roleplaying, which is not a turn-on to me at all. Most would treat me like I was a kid: they'd offer dumb 'rewards' to try and make me come over, insist on calling me 'boy' and generally be very condescending. Nobody wants to feel like they're being groomed before meeting up for sex.

I hope jesusofsuburbia is right but I'm afraid guys my age are invisible to most young men.
I have, in fact, found that the few times I've gotten a date with a younger man, he's been afraid to be seen with me in public. It matins it hard to meet up in the first place.
Not having had much success with intergenerational dating, I'm really curious about how nearly equal we'd feel. I'd want us to be.

older4younger

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey look, my post is still alive, yay me. Though, I wonder if the same could be done with young men and older women, how long would that post last?

Young Guys seeking Older men

Hey your post may be still alive, but id like to remind you that this is a gay thread lol. Young Guys seeking Older men ? although the same type of post is on here, regarding young men and older women, Open your eyes and look for it. if Thats what your looking for. That post would prob last as long as this one. BUT this thread is a gay one.

Young Guys seeking Older men Young Guys seeking Older men Young Guys seeking Older men

older4younger

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i love older men for the fact that... they are somehow very attractive to me, I cannot help it at all. Just a man over his 30's into an 18 year old like me is very hot. Too bad I have never found one :"( and they never seem to pay any attention to me so... IDK how to talk to an older man.

I've sent you a personal message lol. Check out your private mailbox on here.

pursine

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Count me in as another guy who is very turned on by older men. While it can be quite a turn-on to think of a "daddy" or "daddy bear", I wouldn't say I necessarily have "daddy issues" because that doesn't have to be a part of the play/scene with me; it's just a possible hot role-play aspect with an older man (and an older man easily gives off the possible presumption of natural authority and arousing thoughts of bosses, policemen, firemen, foremen, and the like).

I'm definitely not into skinny/smooth young guys. Give me a big ol' bald, big-bellied hairy bear of a man over a skinny young smooth twink any day.

This has probably been said and repeated here many times (forgive me I haven't read all 9 pages of this thread), but why I find older men so attractive is that many older or "mature" men are comfortable with themselves and where they are in life; they know what they like, and what they want, and have a clear focus on what interests them. They can be more laid-back. They have wisdom and experience and can enjoy sharing that with a younger guy, or "guiding" him, some in a more dominant way, some in a beautiful loving, nurturing way.

I also love how men's bodies change as they age. Oftentimes guys have gained a little more weight, "put on a few pounds" (or many) as is natural, so it's not hard to find barrel chests or big ol' beer guts and bulging bellies among more mature men. And many men go bald on top but start growing more hair all over their bodies, even sprouting all over their shoulders and their back---most of whom sure never ask for it. But all these things turn me on.

And older men often have a very good "comfortable-with-themselves" sense of humor about their "flaws"; if a man can laugh at himself over gaining a "fat belly" or going bald, or sprouting shoulder and back hair, or having big feet, or smelly feet after a long day, that self-deprecating, "I give up, might as well laugh with nature" humorous acceptance turns me on even more. That is a definite plus unique about the male personality, particularly in older guys.

You guys 40 and up rock on!
It's more complex than merely a search for a surrogate father. Although that becomes the convenient stick that others who do not approve of such relationships beat people with. It's more a case of father figure in the sense of older role model. Especially in gay relationships where the social acceptance is so recent that there are few cultural traditions attached to being gay. It's cool for younger men to experience the wisdom of the tribe, so to speak. From the other side, the older partner gets hit with accusations of 'puer aeternus' or 'manchild', not wanting to grow up. The Latin tells you how long these insults have been circulating ;)