“Gray beard”????.....thoughts??

bravesoldier

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
just a quick question totally off topic.....are you a veteran? Just curious with the name brave soldier
No, it's a funny story how I arrived at that name years ago. Sometimes I wish I hadn't, lol. I do have great respect for our veterans and military men and women though.

Woofwoofmeow

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No, it's a funny story how I arrived at that name years ago. Sometimes I wish I hadn't, lol. I do have great respect for our veterans and military men and women though.

NP.....I was just going to tell you I just retired from my government job taking care of the veteran’s at an outpatient clinic.......

Reactions: bravesoldier

palakaorion

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
61 hetero. My GF says my silver hair and moustache/goatee were part of the reason she was initially attracted to me. (And apparently a certain pair of black denims that made my ass and thighs look good.)

Don't let silver keep you from wearing a beard if you can wear a decent one.

secret_agent

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I’m 62 and have a fairly quick-grow beard. I think facial hair on some guys is absolutely drop-dead handsome. My beard growth is white with some darker growth here and there. I’m also close to bald on top and for the most part, buzz my hair with no-guard on low. I can’t seem to get past the point where the growth is fairly heave and I think it makes me look older and too-full in the face.

Any thoughts out there? How about the older guys with gray/white facial? Any pointers or encouragement? Do men find this attractive on mature men????
I think we should all embrace the changes age brings, wherever possible ,rather than trying to hide or shy away from them. You wouldn't adopt the same style of clothes across the decades so why not accept this natural change as an opportunity to experiment with a different look. Many people like the look of a man with "a little snow on the roof" just make sure you tell them you have plenty of heat in the fire place.

But you wanted practical tips because of the "too full in the face" effect of less hair on top and a beard making the face look fuller or rounder , right? Well....what about the goatee beard style which can give a really cute beard with the side of the face shaved or buzz trimmed really short and tight to make the face look longer . Or you can have a full beard but try to grow the chin area a little longer and more pointed to create a sleeker look. It is just a subtle sculpting effect you are after not a full El Diablo look.

Finally, you may be too sensitive about the fuller look which might be what some guys like but try out the various styles now available to you and see what suits you. Remember, some younger guys take years to grow a decent beard and can be envious of the full beard and some grey hair seeing it as a sign of testosterone and maturity. Greek gods are often depicted as having hot bodies and grey beards, like Zeus and Poseidon.

Just my opinion. Yes I have a grey beard.

Woofwoofmeow

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think we should all embrace the changes age brings, wherever possible ,rather than trying to hide or shy away from them. You wouldn't adopt the same style of clothes across the decades so why not accept this natural change as an opportunity to experiment with a different look. Many people like the look of a man with "a little snow on the roof" just make sure you tell them you have plenty of heat in the fire place.

But you wanted practical tips because of the "too full in the face" effect of less hair on top and a beard making the face look fuller or rounder , right? Well....what about the goatee beard style which can give a really cute beard with the side of the face shaved or buzz trimmed really short and tight to make the face look longer . Or you can have a full beard but try to grow the chin area a little longer and more pointed to create a sleeker look. It is just a subtle sculpting effect you are after not a full El Diablo look.

Finally, you may be too sensitive about the fuller look which might be what some guys like but try out the various styles now available to you and see what suits you. Remember, some younger guys take years to grow a decent beard and can be envious of the full beard and some grey hair seeing it as a sign of testosterone and maturity. Greek gods are often depicted as having hot bodies and grey beards, like Zeus and Poseidon.

Just my opinion. Yes I have a grey beard.

Woofwoofmeow

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks for the message back. I appreciate it. I like the mature facial hair but I still want to look young in wearing it. I’m going to send you a pic a bit later maybe when I can get a good look and maybe ask your advice on how to best wear. If you’d be open to my doing that, I’d find it helpful.

I’m 62; mind if I ask your age?

secret_agent

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the message back. I appreciate it. I like the mature facial hair but I still want to look young in wearing it. I’m going to send you a pic a bit later maybe when I can get a good look and maybe ask your advice on how to best wear. If you’d be open to my doing that, I’d find it helpful.

I’m 62; mind if I ask your age?
I'm 61. Sure, I'll give advice for whatever it's worth just remember there are no rules in fashion anymore.

Woofwoofmeow

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm 61. Sure, I'll give advice for whatever it's worth just remember there are no rules in fashion anymore.

Well, yesterday in the shower, I kinda had a “trimming accident” so it came off and I ended up with a gotee! I’m a little scruffy this morning. I need to use my beard oil and get groomed but I think I like it more than the beard. I have a hard time trying to determine the actual shape as you look straight-on in the mirror. I have some small clippers so I can manuever (?) the trimmed shape then of course I’d use my razor to clean up the rest of my face. I embrace aging but I try to take care of my skin and keep it looking good especially around my eyes. I need to go “fix myself up” for the day. Right now, I’m having my morning coffee!

Attachments

bravesoldier

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
just a quick question totally off topic.....are you a veteran? Just curious with the name brave soldier
I'm not, the name is misleading and I've seen asked this many times. The name Bravesoldier has a weird meaning, lol. If you want to hear the story PM me sometime. But as I always say, I have the utmost of respect for our military men and women!

Woofwoofmeow

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not, the name is misleading and I've seen asked this many times. The name Bravesoldier has a weird meaning, lol. If you want to hear the story PM me sometime. But as I always say, I have the utmost of respect for our military men and women!

Yes, I agree.

”all gave some.......some gave all”...........