007's swimtrunks

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Square Cuts are a good compromise really - tight and short enough to show off like a speedo, but a bit of length and thickness in the material to not feel like your going totally naked. And yes, Daniel Craig did do them justice and I hope that it paves the way for more men, fit or not so fit, to try them on the beach or pool. I personally love wearing these at the beach or pool, but sometimes wear the original low rise speedo briefs style when doing laps in the pool.

eddie eight

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
A few men I work with have made comments about James Bond's swimtrunks being "gay". Guys at the gym have commented that they like them but just not that color. I tend to agree with my friends from the gym. Maybe because we are in good shape we don't mind wearing body conscious trunks at the gym or beach. Maybe a darker color would be more masculine?
I wonder if Joe Average will drop his baggy board shorts and wear trunks like that on the beach? I wear tight trunks (better to swim & surf in) and I must admit I enjoy the reaction from people. I wonder if straight American men will lose whatever is holding them back from showing off their bodies. It seems to be if you are straight and you are not a weightlifter, you wear baggy swim trunks.
Jake
i think people in general who are comfortable with their bodies, or dare i say, actually in good shape, are more apt to choose a more revealing swimsuit. i don't think the swimsuit in the movie was gay, and have no problem with people wearing swimsuits like that that can wear swimsuits like that. in general i think a squarecut in more appealing casually opposed to a briefer style. still i don't see it becomming the norm in the states anytime soon. i think good looking men have just as much right to have a flattering contour as women if they feel like it, as i have to either look at someone or not as i see fit to.

and regardless, sexuality and what you find aesthetically pleasing is more complicated than just who you like to fuck. you can thank conscious awareness of the universe for that. i say roll with it.

uncutfan

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Okay, okay, I'm gonna ring in on this one.

Being American, I am more times than not, staggered by American, "white", "puritanical" prudishness.

Everyone is offended differently by different things depending on their up bringing and own self esteem.

Personnally, I want to see more men showin' off their shit in hot shorts at the beach. Speedos, square cut lycra, or low rise board shorts. And if they're gonna wear "swimtrunks", I prefer that the take the time and cut the liner out of the shorts, so that when they come out of the water I can get a nice look at their sweet sticks. But only if they're hot. That's the deal, men. European or American or martian, we're all into it, if they're hot. An issue comes up when grandpa or or jabba the hut decides they're gonna sport a thong and catch some sex. And yes!, they do wear shit like that. And then they get all indignant when real hotties that work out and actually can see their ab muscles are reciprocating their sexy stares over the pot bellies. There is a time and place for everyone and we should know when and where to cover up.

Oh, and Brazillian men are the hottest, sexiest fucker's on the planet. Not that that makes much difference, but I wanted to add my 1 cent.

"Being a Brazilian, I am always staggered by american prudishness. I take less offense on a 60 y/o granddad here at the beach, sporting swan size balls and a 6" flaccid dick than the regular wal-mart shopping, overweight american women, no make-up and those egrerious rings of fat protruding from their outfits, aghhhhh..."

"Usually the guys that say they are gay shorts or they don't like them are fat and out of shape and not comfortable with their own sexually."

Then you have people who say things that, and it help others who think these shorts are gay and are insecure with their body reinforce that belief. If you want more men the wear shit like that, lay off these comments. Yes, extreamly obese people will not (mostly anyway) wear stuff like this because I would think it would be physicaly uncomfortable for them.
:06:

uncutfan

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Okay, okay, I'm gonna ring in on this one.

Being American, I am more times than not, staggered by American, "white", "puritanical" prudishness.

Everyone is offended differently by different things depending on their up bringing and own self esteem.

Personnally, I want to see more men showin' off their shit in hot shorts at the beach. Speedos, square cut lycra, or low rise board shorts. And if they're gonna wear "swimtrunks", I prefer that the take the time and cut the liner out of the shorts, so that when they come out of the water I can get a nice look at their sweet sticks. But only if they're hot. That's the deal, men. European or American or martian, we're all into it, if they're hot. An issue comes up when grandpa or jabba the hut decides they're gonna sport a thong and catch some sex. And yes!, they do wear shit like that. And then they get all indignant when real hotties that work out and actually can see their ab muscles aren't reciprocating their sexy stares over those pot bellies.

There is a time and place for everyone and we should know when and where to cover up, those of us that need to. It's not about hating. It's about a reality check. Everyone is welcome at the beach, but jeez, let's just get some prospective here. Noone wants to cut anyone's self esteem, but know your market, brother. If you're shopping upscale, you better have the goods.

Oh, and Brazillian men are the hottest, sexiest fucker's on the planet. Not that that makes much difference, but I wanted to add my 1 cent.

"Being a Brazilian, I am always staggered by american prudishness. I take less offense on a 60 y/o granddad here at the beach, sporting swan size balls and a 6" flaccid dick than the regular wal-mart shopping, overweight american women, no make-up and those egrerious rings of fat protruding from their outfits, aghhhhh..."

"Usually the guys that say they are gay shorts or they don't like them are fat and out of shape and not comfortable with their own sexually."

Then you have people who say things that, and it help others who think these shorts are gay and are insecure with their body reinforce that belief. If you want more men the wear shit like that, lay off these comments. Yes, extreamly obese people will not (mostly anyway) wear stuff like this because I would think it would be physicaly uncomfortable for them.
:06:

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nothing wrong with them. I think that they chose the light color to show what he got.
On the beach of my land they use long swim shorts (to the knee) and I found them ridiculous and dangerous because doent help for swimming. But if go to the beach I will use une of these, its a way to respect the others costumes.

When i was on brazil i used a green sunga (which is quite similar to bonds).

TforTrapeze

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

EddieAztek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A few men I work with have made comments about James Bond's swimtrunks being "gay".

This is because some lazy, fat American men want all men in the world to look like shit because they're afraid to compete with men who work out. So if I'm having muscles, a flat stomach and want to show off my big dick, he's calling me a gay man? :cool: Is very disgusting.

But the world listens to America even when it is stupid, so men in other countries now are swimming in big ugly pants as well.

Kevin_uk

Experimental Member
Media

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Quote: Originally Posted by TitanicJake

A few men I work with have made comments about James Bond's swimtrunks being "gay".

This is because some lazy, fat American men want all men in the world to look like shit because they're afraid to compete with men who work out. So if I'm having muscles, a flat stomach and want to show off my big dick, he's calling me a gay man? :cool: Is very disgusting.

But the world listens to America even when it is stupid, so men in other countries now are swimming in big ugly pants as well.
Agree.
They think that by saying that they can avoid women getting wet for them. They are just affraid.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Gee, can a swimsuit be gay? I really don't think so. People yes; swimsuits no.
What a bunch of homophobes...and as for the color...I love blue in every shade.
Also the shots of him in the swimsuit werefar from lingering, they were quick cross cuts and you barely had a chance to enjoy the view.
Now as to Daniel Crag as 007...Well, Sean Connery will always be #1 in my book, Mr. Craif and all the others can fall where they may. Personally I would have loved it if Clive Owen said yes....but I can understand why he said no.