1-800-Flowers causes divorce ROTFLMAO

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lawsuit of the Day: Greer v. 1-800-Flowers
If you're a married man planning on sending flowers to your mistress, we have a tip for you: do NOT use 1-800-FLOWERS (as if you needed to be told).

Check out this interesting case, filed in the Southern District of Texas (Houston), and included in this morning's Courthouse News Service (subscription):
Leroy Greer v. 1-800-Flowers.Com Inc.
8/6/2007
H-07-2543 (Houston)
Breach of contract action in which the defendants agreed to keep the plaintiff's order of flowers for his girlfriend private, with no record of the transaction mailed to him at his home or office.

Months later, the defendants sent a thank you card to the plaintiff's home, and his wife called the defendants for proof of the purchase. The defendants faxed the plaintiff's wife proof of his order of flowers for his girlfriend, which resulted in a divorce being filed.

Greer v. 1-800-Flowers: An Update

Here's some follow-up on our Lawsuit of the Day, Greer v. 1-800-Flowers. Plaintiff Leroy Greer is suing the online florist for revealing to his wife that he had flowers delivered to his girlfriend -- resulting in said wife divorcing his sorry ass.

I'm not an expert just someone who watches Law & Order re-runs, but it seems to me 1-800-Flowers should settle out of court. However, if it goes to trial Mr. Greer is gonna lose big time.

ROTFLMAO ~ Go ahead y'all discuss . . . I know we have some lawyers in our midst. Can the plaintiff win this case? If so do you think he will receive the requested $1,000,000.00?

socoken

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh yeah, its the flower companies fault he was fooling around, sheesh.

Side note: Of the few times I have had a dozen roses delivered by 1800flowers, eleven have showed up each time. I dont order from them anymore.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I heard several news reports about this item today in which they pointed out that the wife knew beforehand that hubby was fooling around, and with whom, and that they were already in the process of divorcing when the 'fiasco' happened.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I heard several news reports about this item today in which they pointed out that the wife knew beforehand that hubby was fooling around, and with whom, and that they were already in the process of divorcing when the 'fiasco' happened.
Yes, it's just like any other lawsuit nowadays, only meant to make someone rich over foolish things. No real harm was done by this. But people will sue for anything. And there are lawyers just waiting for stupid things like this to happen. I really wish the companies and government entities who get sued over the littlest things would stop settling, and start fighting these stupid lawsuits. As it is, these people who sue left and right just count on a quick settlement.

Scorpiorising

1st Like
Media
I would agree that the guy is an ass for suing AND for cheating on his wife. However, considering the original terms, 1-800-FLOWERS did violate their end of either a written or verbal contract. I'm not a lawyer (but I play one on TV (couldn't resist)), but a contract is a contract.

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would think, that the court's interest is NOT the morality of the case, but rather examining whether or not the Privacy Agreement was breached according to contract.

The case turns interesting if TX is NOT a "no-fault" state. Obviously, if its not among the "no-fault" states, then the ensuing alimony and final settlement could cost the man thousands of dollars over time. If TX was a "no-fault" state, then it would be less of an issue.

If the premise of his case was P&S BECAUSE of the DISCOVERY of his infidelity, then his case will not likley be fruitful.

Oh well...don't sow bad seeds and you won't reap shit-blossoms Mr. Greer!

...OB

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One valentine's day my stalker sent me an ENORMOUS bouquet of red roses at work, I was mortified and stuck them straight in the bin, all my colleagues said 'you can't do that to flowers' I said 'I just did', so a co-worker asked if she could have them, of course I said yes. She took them home, her husband asked who'd sent them to her, she recounted the story, he said 'no woman would stick flowers in the bin', and a hearty argument ensued in which he thought she had a bf on the side. So flowers are just trouble, plain and simple :)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One valentine's day my stalker sent me an ENORMOUS bouquet of red roses at work, I was mortified and stuck them straight in the bin, all my colleagues said 'you can't do that to flowers' I said 'I just did', so a co-worker asked if she could have them, of course I said yes. She took them home, her husband asked who'd sent them to her, she recounted the story, he said 'no woman would stick flowers in the bin', and a hearty argument ensued in which he thought she had a bf on the side. So flowers are just trouble, plain and simple :)
OMG! That is hysterical!

When My ex-bf stalked me (I had moved from NJ to MA) and sent me 2 dozen red roses on my birthday, something he never thought to do once in the 10 years we were dating! Grrrr. I gave them away. I gave a dozen to the receptionist at work. Since I was leaving for a 6 week business trip and wouldn't be bothered by the sight of them. The other dozen I gave to the local nursing home.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's the only time in living memory anyone had seen me blush nj, I saw this delivery guy walking down the corridor with these flowers and I just knew they were from that nut and my face went bright red.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's the only time in living memory anyone had seen me blush nj, I saw this delivery guy walking down the corridor with these flowers and I just knew they were from that nut and my face went bright red.
This guy had a friend with the FBI and a dad who was a postmaster I'm guessing he used his connections as he wasn't very savvy with a computer back then. At the time I was travelling 23 weeks out of the year and hadn't been home on my birthday. Apparently, he kept calling my job until they told him I was in then had the roses delivered to my home.

In reference to another thread this is one of many reasons why my doors are always locked!

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I bought some coffee this evening and now it's keeping me awake. I think I should sue the Royal Farms store I bought it at.

Yeh, I hate shit like this. We are way too law suit happy in this country.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I bought my wife a single rose one winter, took it home and put it in a small glass vase on the dining room table, that night when we went home I let her go into the dark house first, she sensed that something was amiss and then seeing the flower, she stood there with her hands on her hips and said loudly "Who has been in my house?"

That was the first, and last time that I bought her flowers. In the interest of full disclosure that is a very slight exaggeration.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Texas is a community property state. Plus, the woman already knew. They were already going to get a divorce. He is just hoping to get some money. He was an idiot. If you are getting it on the side, always pay cash.