1. mexdude

mexdude New Member

Albums:
    Would you consider a relationship with a person, if this person only had 1 free day of the week to see you?, just that, one day each week

2. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    It would depend on the circumstances. A lot of people are apart for weeks, months, some even years.

If I met someone and his job kept him unavailable that's something to work around, everyone has to work. The phone and the internet are pretty much available everywhere now. Absence does make the heart grow fonder when I connect with someone to a great extent. If the connection isn't really there, the absence reinforces what I already know about the relantionship.

#2 HiddenLacey, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011
  3. eyescream

Gold Member

I would not consider a relationship with that person unless I only had one free day a week myself. I mean, how realistic would it be, especially if one day you meet someone else who had all the time in the world for you? Although I wouldn't mind a sex buddy who could see me once a week. :)

4. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sure. If I cared and really liked a person I'd take that 1 day & cherish it.

5. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    Depends on his situation -

If his other 6 days are spent with:

*other lovers he can only see once a week, then no.
    *a wife and family, then no
    *work but I'm the only person in his love-life, then yes.

I've always been off in my own little world so I like having time to myself - I would devote that 1 day entirely to him, then spend the other 6 days making the most of my 'me' time. Hopefully, we would still be able to communicate during those other 6 days (text, phone, e-mail etc).

But there would have to be a proper serious romantic connection between us. I get emotionally attached quite quickly and deeply so I couldn't just do a NSA "while I'm in town" fuck-buddy sort of thing.

#5 willow78, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  6. SpiceFromIndia

SpiceFromIndia New Member

i had a gf and we pretty much met only on weekends. it works out :

7. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

There are plenty of people who spend 7 days a week together and cant make it work. Therefore i would guess it is more about quality time then the quantity of time you spend together.

But if you are being given only 1 day because they are spending the other 6 days with someone else then done stick around. That isnt fair you be asked to have a relationship under those circumstances and with those kind of restrictions.

8. D_Edwin Eatser

D_Edwin Eatser New Member

Sounds pretty much like a description of the average extra-marital affair!

9. _Jonesy

_Jonesy Member

1. Distance is always healthy. Once a week is not exactly extreme so it would only make you want each other more. As mentioned above, people who are together more can in some instances get used to each other and therefore, lose the spark.

2. I think relationships should be carefully positioned second to living your life. If the relationship becomes your life, you're in trouble.

10. XSILVER

XSILVER Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Well with out knowing the whle story.......

If i truly cared for the person, I would give it a shot. But I would have to be 200% certin that they did not have 6 other people who they are seeing one day a week aswell. Again, whitout knowing the whole story, dont let yourself get played.

11. mexdude

mexdude New Member

Albums:
    :lmao:

Why "cheating" its the first thing that come to your mind :biggrin1: ?

Its me the one that only have 1 day free to see a person, no cheating or anything like that :tongue:

12. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Well then if it is mutually agreeable to both people then sure. I'm in a committed relationship and we only spend 50% of our time together in a good year. There was a time when we only spent two or three days together each month. You have to be flexible sometimes.

13. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Is there any reason why she couldn't come and hang out with you and your brother?

14. mexdude

mexdude New Member

Albums:
    I wouldnt mind that, but from time to time my bro may get a bit hard to deal with, and the last thing i want its that he may give her a scratch on her arm

15. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

If she's worth having, that wouldn't be a big deal :smile:.

16. dangly

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It depends. Seeing someone only one day a week at the beginning of the relationship would be perfectly fine if it was just because that person was busy with work, as it would be a nice way to ease into things. However, I would expect to gradually spend more and more time together as the relationship evolves; it's no fun to forever play second fiddle to someone else's career.

17. B_Nicodemous

B_Nicodemous New Member

I will respond properly later. If I don't, send me a PM reminding me.

Simply put, I would actually prefer an arangement like that. I tend to have so many things going on, that I find my energies distributed fairly thin as it is.

I understand about a rel with special needs. As i have said elsewhere, i help take careof my nephew, who has autism. Helping my family, having time with friends, work, and studies take up the bulk o my time. Add to this that io can be reclusive by nature, and honestly, once a week starts looking pretty good:redface:

I would like to have a more than once a week quickie at least with the person i was involved with, but again, with technology being what it is, a hot session of sexting (I prefer the written version over he pic sexting) emails, IM's and phone sex can be great. It would make the time seeing each other sll the better.

As for if the other person was in a relationship? As long as there was an agreement that he could see me, and as long as it was a female he was seeing, i would have no issue with that whatsoever. If it was another gut...I'd have to be on a friends basis with that person if I was going to be emotionally involved with the one was seeing.

I will clarify it further later, but did want to respond now while i was reading.:smile:

18. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Think it would depend on what stage you were both at in your relationship
    If I / he were active and wanted more well obviously not, but if your both cool and relaxed about it all, especially re committments in other areas, then fair enuf huh?
    enz

19. 209THOR

209THOR Member

What are the circumstances? one night stand/adultry/mind fucker/married-seperated/how long have u been involved in this relationship/ getting to know each other/is this long distance/afraid of commitment/of the unknown/will your 6 others days a week think about u or take care of you when your old/love you when your fat or bald or cant get it up-what u put in is what youll get out- so maybe when your ready they will give you 15% of there time (comments please)

Draft saved Draft deleted