1 step closer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lucky8, Mar 19, 2009.

1. lucky8

Gold Member

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

wonder what sort of "health" condition I should be in?:scratchchin:

while I'm thinking about it, how do I join the Native American Church, and also go back to those herbal traditions?

In addition to psychoactive properties, Native Americans used the plant for its curative properties as well. They employed peyote for treating such varied ailments as toothache, pain in childbirth, fever, breast pain, skin diseases, rheumatism, diabetes, colds, and blindness. The U.S. Dispensatory lists peyote under the name Anhalonium and states it can be used in various preparations for neurasthenia, hysteria and asthma. Screening for antimicrobial activity of peyote extracts in various solvents showed positive microbial inhibition. The principal antibiotic agent, a water-soluble crystalline substance separated from an ethanol extract of the plant, was given the name peyocactin.[7]

There is documented evidence of the religious, ceremonial, and healing uses of peyote dating back over 2,000 years.[12] The tradition began to spread northward as part of a revival of native spirituality under the auspices of what came to be known as the Native American Church, whose members refer to peyote as "the sacred medicine", and use it to combat spiritual, physical, and other social ills.

Peyote - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Draft saved Draft deleted