10,000 post & Anniversary celebration

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Today is the first anniversary of my joining LPSG and, not coincidentally, this is my 10,000th post. (There are a lot of gallery ratings in that count, but still…) Yes, I know that makes me the biggest post-whore ever and yes, I know that may not be a good thing.

So let me just say that IRL, for reasons that I hope I have not brought here too much, it has been a pretty tough year, but LPSG has been a place of refuge for me. I know it is silly to get sentimental about a big dick internet site, but the fact is I cherish having a place to go that I found enjoyable and relaxing when things were at their worst elsewhere. I am truly grateful. Thanks to each one of you who make this place what it is, especially those who have taken the time to write me. Specifically, I am glad that I can count on ChicagoSam to keep me in line, even while he is getting out of line with everyone else on the board. I daily appreciate Pendragon’s literary references (though his taste in Welsh prose is questionable) and Naughty’s occasional but inspiring music threads. Plus, I live for Jeff Black to post another pic.

It is presumptuous, I know, to assume I have anything worth sharing but when has that ever stopped me? I’ve learned a lot about LPSG in a year, much of it the hard way, and today I’m passing on my (questionable) wisdom:

What I’ve learned this year:

ABOUT THE FORUMS

1. Don’t feed the trolls. They only want attention and they go away if you ignore them. I repeat, DON’T FEED THE TROLLS.

2. The temptation to feed the trolls is, apparently, almost irresistible.

3. Every forum has its own character, and its own group of regulars. When things get too predictable, you can change worlds just by frequenting a new forum.

4. The Funny Stuff Forum is, oddly, often the most literate place on the board. The hardest game there is “It’s Like Jeopardy.” Now that COLJohn has left us (to our great loss) the witty Lord Pendragon is its undisputed champion. Don’t take it badly if he comes up with something cleverer than you could possible imagine. It is a compliment if he so much as responds to your posting. PS: If Pendragon doesn’t get you weecallum will. Take the time to look at his gallery if he does.

5. One has to have an IQ lower than his dick length measured in inches to have no idea of the size of his own cock, but there is no end of boys who need us to guess their dimensions based on one grainy photo with no object of comparison anywhere in the frame. For this reason, the Young and Hung Forum (a.k.a. Fishing for Compliments) is forever going to be dominated by “Am I Big?” threads. As with Sesame Street, you’ll have the most fun there if you like the numbers 6 and 9.

6. Even though LPSG was started as a joke, we could be better at offering help and support to our members with genuinely large members especially in the Sex with a Large Penis forum. (Real huge dicks are so rare that sometimes I think we don’t take seriously enough the needs and concerns of the occasional newbie who really does have size issues.) Not criticizing, just sayin’.

7. Most young gay/bi men post that they are 100% straight when they first join. Though their true nature becomes apparent long before they revise their percentages, (usually in the Relationships Forum) the fact is most of them are not so much dissembling as they are in denial, even agony, and I sometimes think the most valuable service LPSG provides is lending a sympathetic ear while they work up the courage to come out, first to themselves, then here and eventually to the world.

8. Hope springs eternal, but the forums are not all that good of a place to pick up women. Especially not Women’s Issues.

9. There are some really, really smart people on this board. If any one of Señor Rubirosa, DC Deep, JustAsking, novice_btm, Freddie58, Rawbone8, or Mindseye bothers to respond to your post, pay attention. You can learn something fast. (That is not an exclusive list, by the way, but a few who’ve enlightened me.)

10. Related to the last point, you can learn more about current affairs in the Etc., Etc. Forum than from most online news sources.

11. The Celebrity Forum basically works because of Alex8, though Ian the Tall also occasionally posts great stuff. We owe them big. (Both of them, by the way, are also on the really smart list.)

12. It takes a lot of time and effort to construct something for the Fiction Forum, and courage to post it because it is so self-revelatory. BTW, I really thank the folks who were so generous to me there for my own effort early in my year. That is what made this place feel likea place I belonged to me.

ABOUT THE GALLERIES
1. If you can’t say somethin’ nice, don’t say nothing at all.

2. People like it when you leave kind comments in their galleries, and they generally write you a pleasant note of appreciation. Some of my best conversations start that way. If you are wondering how to make friends on the board, that’s how.

3. Men who post erection shots in the gallery and then label them with shit like “for women only” or “I’m straight. If you are gay don’t look at this,” are all latent ‘mos. I’ve yet to see an exception.

4. Those who steal photos and post them as their own generally have very good taste and usually select from the most popular galleries on our site. Apparently they don’t realize that some of us visit those daily and have virtually committed them to memory.

5. No one who brags about his literally unbelievable dick size without putting up a gallery ever posts a real pic later. No one.

ABOUT PRIVATE MESSAGES
1. Private messages aren’t. Don’t write anything to anybody you aren’t willing to see posted in one of the forums.

2. If the poster does not have a gallery at LPSG, the odds that the picture they send you through PM actually being him/her is less than 10%. The odds that it is a current picture of him/her are even lower. Luckily for me, I don’t care. I just like pictures.

ABOUT THE MEMBERSHIP IN GENERAL
1. Truly large dicks are much, much more rare than most people believe. There are genuine giants on this site, but not anywhere near as many as there are claimants. Just sayin’.

2. Men with truly big dicks occasionally wish they were smaller. If it has not ever at least crossed your mind that your cock may be too big then you aren’t that large. Just sayin’.

3. More than half of the 19 year olds at LPSG are in their mid-forties, at least. I’d guess that 2/3rds of the women (especially those who rarely or never contribute to the forums) aren’t women. Please do not write and ask me how I learned this. :redface:

4. While very few people are what they appear to be, before you get too upset, ask yourself if it really matters. Sure, there are those who are trying to make themselves seem more desirable by lying, but since most of us are making superficial judgments about the desirability of people that we are never going to meet IRL anyway, the illusions may be serving everyone.

ABOUT THE MEMBERSHIP IN SPECIFIC
1. Don’t piss off Madame Zora. You’ll hear about it fast and unless you make quick amends you will forever after be a fucktard.

2. Don’t piss off Pecker, either. You may not hear about it, but you will be so fuckin’ sorry if you do.

3. Big Dirigible was pissed off before you were born. You didn’t cause it and you can’t fix it.

4. Matthew and Lex may not post that much any more, but don’t make the mistake of thinking they no longer read the board and so it is now safe to publish a racist, homophobic rant. They are both so damn brilliant they will eviscerate your argument and terminally expose your ignorance in a flash.

5. Uncut really is that nice.

6. NineInchCock_160IQ is not narrow, but he is straight. You can flirt your ass off and he won’t care. He isn’t that interested in asses.

7. Jeff Black and ChicagoSam have undecipherable sexualities. Don’t try to figure them out, just go with the flow.

8. Naughty is well named, but don’t let that fool you. She knows more about music and culture than you, unless you are Rubberwilli.

9. There are many quiet folks, who go about their business modestly, that have earned the general respect of the board. Dolf250 and Davidjh7 are but two of my favorite examples.

10. At LPSG, as in life, women tend to hold the place together. The female mods, njqt, kink, cigarbabe, and several others are the real engines behind our big dick site.

11. Basketbulge, Onslow, Dannymawg, Dongalong, DavieR, NC Bear. Do I need to explain?

12. There are dozens and dozens of people on this board that I wished I knew better, but because we operate at different hours, or have different tastes, or for many other reasons, I have not been able to get to know them as well as I wish I could. It is not meant as a slight if you are not listed here, but an invitation for the future. Advance apologies to those who think they should have been listed and I just overlooked. I’m senile so I have an excuse.

ABOUT CHAT
1. It rarely works.

very very insightful glad i took the time to read it ....this should be required reading of all members lol

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It is at moments like this that I really, REALLY miss Sam. And now Pendragon seems to be gone, too. What the hell is happening around here?

I feel like one of those really stupid ingenues in a horror movie... You know, "I better go outside all alone and have a look around. There may be a killer loose here inside the locked house where all my friends are gathered."

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It is at moments like this that I really, REALLY miss Sam. And now Pendragon seems to be gone, too. What the hell is happening around here?

I feel like one of those really stupid ingenues in a horror movie... You know, "I better go outside all alone and have a look around. There may be a killer loose here inside the locked house where all my friends are gathered."

You aren't alone, Doc...I miss them too. One really feels Sam's absence.

Tell you what, I'll hold your hand and we can go outside together and have a look around. If the killer is lurking in the bushes, I'll be sure to hand you over and ran back inside the house. What do you say? :eek:)

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media

Tell you what, I'll hold your hand and we can go outside together and have a look around. If the killer is lurking in the bushes, I'll be sure to hand you over and ran back inside the house. What do you say? :eek:)

LOOK BEHIND YOU!!!

(It's me :tongue: )

I miss the daft fuckers too :frown1:

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

But are they really missing or are they all 'sequestered' in your dungeon?

I thinks there's more to this than you're admitting to Doc.

Oh--and before I forget--congratsy on your latest milestone.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fortiesfun. I've been back in the UK for a while and just seen this thread now. Congratulations on the 10000 although I see it has reached 11 already.:notworthy:

You're an inspiration to so many folks here. Keep it going

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
9. There are some really, really smart people on this board. If any one of Señor Rubirosa, DC Deep, JustAsking, novice_btm, Freddie58, Rawbone8, or Mindseye bothers to respond to your post, pay attention. You can learn something fast. (That is not an exclusive list, by the way, but a few who’ve enlightened me.)...
Enlightening? ME??? :confused: Well, I couldn't claim to be THAT clever. I mean, I just noticed this little blurb, months after the fact. :tongue: I do have to say, that I'm more than flattered to be included in that company. So, in any case, my words to you are "Thank you." As illustrated above, you've always been incredibly kind to me. That's really all I could ask for in someone. :kiss:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OMG! I don't know how I missed this thread! :eek:
Sorry to be so late to the party. :redface:

Kudos on over 11,000 posts fortiesfun!

Your initial post on this thread is proof that your admirable penis size is exceeded only by your intelligence, wit, and charm. :smile:

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Fortiesfun. I've been back in the UK for a while and just seen this thread now. Congratulations on the 10000 although I see it has reached 11 already.:notworthy:
And now it's over 12K! How fast they pile up

Enlightening? ME??? :confused: Well, I couldn't claim to be THAT clever. I mean, I just noticed this little blurb, months after the fact. :tongue: I do have to say, that I'm more than flattered to be included in that company. So, in any case, my words to you are "Thank you." As illustrated above, you've always been incredibly kind to me. That's really all I could ask for in someone. :kiss:
You are deserving. :kiss: :lust: < Don't you think there ought to be one for that!

Kudos on over 11,000 posts fortiesfun!
Your initial post on this thread is proof that your admirable penis size is exceeded only by your intelligence, wit, and charm. :smile:
Aw, shucks.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How on earth could I not have seen this wonderful thread! Congratulations, Doc. Your erudite posts and savvy gaming have really helped to keep LPSG going. We need to put your wonderful suggestions on a sticky!

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
13,000 and counting :biggrin1:
I've quit counting, but can't stop posting!

Hi FortiesFun: I just saw this thread and wanted to say that I like reading your posts. Keep up the good work!
Thanks so much. Great gallery, btw. :redface:

How on earth could I not have seen this wonderful thread! Congratulations, Doc. Your erudite posts and savvy gaming have really helped to keep LPSG going. We need to put your wonderful suggestions on a sticky!
Ah, to be called erudite by the most sophisticated and elegant person on the board is a dream come true. Thanks so much.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
CONGRATULATIONS

DOC

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:​

:hail::hail::hail::hail:​

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:​

:hail::hail:​

:notworthy:​

You are our own James Bond...oozing with sexuality and naughtiness, yet finely balanced with class and sophistication. You have an of air mystery about you and a wellstream of knowledge. Your posts reflect all of these wonderful attributes. Thank you for enriching the life of this site.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:​

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
CONGRATULATIONS

DOC

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:​

:hail::hail::hail::hail:​

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:​

:hail::hail:​

:notworthy:​

You are our own James Bond...oozing with sexuality and naughtiness, yet finely balanced with class and sophistication. You have an of air mystery about you and a wellstream of knowledge. Your posts reflect all of these wonderful attributes. Thank you for enriching the life of this site.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:​
Don't you just hate it when someone quotes a whole block of text and then just says, "Thanks"?

I'm speechless. :rolleyes:

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And now through the power vested in me or at least by the powers vested by the managers of this noble forum it comes to our attention that fortiesfun has been reduced to less than 9,000 posts

Let us all give him a big thunderous round of maniacal applause

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
And now through the power vested in me or at least by the powers vested by the managers of this noble forum it comes to our attention that fortiesfun has been reduced to less than 9,000 posts

Let us all give him a big thunderous round of maniacal applause
Such schadenfreude! I deserve it, I guess, though I've never made much of a secret of the fact that my gallery ratings accounted for many of my posts. I do like the gallery!

But as Kink says, it just means I get to celebrate again later!