10 Worst Jobs in America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by str8up8x6, Jan 9, 2009.

1. str8up8x6

str8up8x6 New Member

Albums:
    CareerCast has just posted a list of the 10 Worst jobs in America today. Notice how they are all jobs that are done by men. I wonder what the National Organization for Women has to say about that.

The 10 Worst Jobs in America Today

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Don't know where you live...but I've seen all of those jobs performed by woman!

3. chosencock399

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So what's a job done by women then?

/Sexist thread

4. MrHappy

MrHappy Member

I've ridden with female taxi drivers. My mother personally knows female EMTs.

These are not all jobs performed solely by men...

5. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

Most of those are perfectly good jobs if they're unionized. I know an ironworker in Seattle who makes $35 an hour.

6. Pitbull

Gold Member

A job that I think should be in the top 10 is convenience store clerk.
    They get paid shit and especially on the night shifts there is a fairly high risk that someone is going to put a gun in your face for less than $100.

7. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    what's so bad about being a lumberjack? after i left a corporate executive job i went off and was a lumberjack for a bit before getting back into corporate stuff. i thought it was fun and a great workout. holy crap - my arms and shoulders never looked better. i am not sure if i will opt for corporate again or maybe go be a roustabout on some oil rig in texas. as long as i am enjoying it, i don't care.

8. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well they must take into account how dangerous the job is. I think lumberjack, farmer, taxi driver, seamen, roofer and iron workers are some of the most dangerous jobs.

The 10 most dangerous jobs
    Occupation Fatalities per 100,000
    Timber cutters 117.8
    Fishers 71.1
    Pilots and navigators 69.8
    Structural metal workers 58.2
    Drivers-sales workers 37.9
    Roofers 37
    Electrical power installers 32.5
    Farm occupations 28
    Construction laborers 27.7
    Truck drivers 25

Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics; survey of occupations with minimum 30 fatalities and 45,000 workers in 2002

9. Zero_Cool

Zero_Cool New Member

Albums:
    *giggle* :006:

10. ScorpioSlut

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I'd think they say women do perform those jobs so pull your head out of your ass and quit being sexist. Just like men are now commonly nurses, nannies/mannies, and do secretarial type work.

11. B_ClydeS

B_ClydeS New Member

You (and everyone else who responded in a similar way) GO!!!! :biggrin1: I, too, have seen or known a woman in every one of those 10 job categories!

OHHHH, and another job that's not listed which should be .... running LPSG!!! A thankless job -- so, with this moment and opportunity -- thanks to all of you who make this place happen for us!!!!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

#11 B_ClydeS, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  12. MalakingTiti

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yup. My friend in college worked a convenience store gig. Late shift which was pretty quiet, and he liked it that way since he was able to get it a lot of study time. That was until some miscreant came in and robbed the joint. My buddy said the guy stuck a gun in his face and said "I'll give you 10 seconds to empty that register into this bag." To which my friend replied "I bet I can do it in 5."

After the cops got finished taking the report, and his boss (then also on the scene) found out how it went down, the dude fired him on the spot for not putting up more resistance. It was all good though since my buddy had decided to move on long before that asshole canned him.

13. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

My job used to be ranked as one of the ten most stressful in the USA. On the 200 job scale, it comes in at 189. Some days I think it should be higher, some days it should be #200.

14. MalakingTiti

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ok??? So do you care to let us all in on what it is??? Or should we keep guessing hoping we hit upon it sometime around Memorial Day?:rolleyes:

15. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

You mean you didn't click on the list to see?

16. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I agree, I've seen all these jobs being preformed by women.

17. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

I was in NYC in '97 and got a cab....a female driver..we had a connection...she dropped me off at the hotel, I rolled the dice and said, "when does your shift end?"...it was like 2 hours later, I told her to keep the meter running and just drive around for the next two hours. She bought it and it worked out ( a little expensive maybe, but in NYC, much cheaper than buying drinks)..spent the nite w/her...damn she had great tits. She was from Eastern Europe...soso English...so hot.

Oops, sorry, went off on a tangent there.

18. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Hey, thanks to everyone who said something about that women also do the 10 worst jobs! :smile:

And besides, I clicked on the list for the 20 best jobs, and guess what? All 20 are traditionally male jobs as well. Imagine that? :biggrin1: (My job aspirations have included several of the 20 best jobs. However, I was extremely surprised to see parole officer as one of the 20 best! I would have thought that'd be one of the worst, having to deal with criminals and all...)

** My career aspirations at given times have included: software engineer, systems analyst, computer programmer, physicist, and astronomer... among others. Right now I'm trying to get back into the computer programmer or software engineer (Actually I don't see a lot of difference in those two fields, having had both titles and having done pretty much the same things at both). But anyway...

Yes, some of the jobs on the "10 worst" list can be decent jobs but they are usually physically demanding. My dad held one of the jobs in the "10 worst" for many years until he retired.

19. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Different strokes for different folks. I know guys who work in the woods or fish and I can tell you most of them love what they do and wouldn't trade their lives for a white collar job. Many men cannot stand non-active, non-outdoor jobs. The money may not be great, and it may be hard on the body, but for some people, there is more to life than sitting on your ass pulling down big money.

Have you ever been to sea, pulling your long lines in at dawn? The boat is rolling, it's cold, you need to sleep, but the sky is red, there's hot coffee in galley and your mates have your back. Heaven.

I wonder who compiled that list.

20. nudeyorker

Gold Member

OK you sold me, I want to work on your boat...you sold me except for the cold part and the red sky in the morning, Does that mean "Sailor take warning?" But suffice to say I would rather have any of those jobs than be Marlo Thomas's or J Lo's personal assistant!:eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted