100% Bisexual

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm bisexual and proud to be so and it bothers me a bit that this site only allows the options of choosing straight or gay. I've obviously chosen 50% for each even though that may not reflect the reality but I've done so because it most clearly signifies bisexuality. The truth is though, I don't feel straight or gay, 50% or any percentage. I feel and am bisexual.

I have lots of straight and gay friends and I talk with them intimately about everything. I've realized that I'm not straight at all, no matter how much I might find women attractive and I'm not gay at all no matter how much I find men attractive. Nor do I want to be straight or gay. I like being bisexual, it works for me. I know bisexuality comes in several different forms. I'm open about my bisexuality with my partners and I'm monogamous in committed relationships--if I focus on one gender, I don't seek out the other gender. I really don't see any difference between have sex with men and women. Both can be kissed, stroked, licked, penetrated, hugged, massaged and whatever else. Some women are hard and muscled and some men are smooth and soft. Dating is different. It's socially easier to date women but easier to hook up with guys (if you live in a gay friendly city). Men seem to handle the bisexual thing easier than women, which is why I feel I generally meet more guys than women because I refuse to lie about who I am with people I have relationships with.

When I was in college I had a bunch of bisexual friends and I loved that. It's been harder to have that as I've gotten older. It seems that many people hide their bisexuality.

How many here consider themselves to be truly bisexual, as in that's how you present yourself to others? How do the rest of you manage your bisexuality? If there was a bisexual option for orientation here (like the gay/straight thing) would you prefer that than the 50/50 thing?

tsquareguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Good for you man. Lean heavily to guys myself though I do enjoy sex with women on occasion (and have tried to talk my bf into joining in). All of us are on a sliding scale with you obviously right down the middle. I have known a few guys like that in my day.

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You are correct, Hyperhulk. some people are high on both homo- and hetero- sexuality; low on both; medium on both; high on one and low on the other; medium on one and either high or low on the other; and all manner of things inbetween.

Sexual orientation is not as simplistic as people fondly imagine. Look at the posts where people say that if you like looking at dick you must at least be 1% gay or if you've once masturabted another guy then you are definitely gay (or conversely if a gay guy has had sex with a woman).

Sexuality is complex and one could possibly say that we each have our own unique sexual orientation.

However, it may be worth suggesting that the % categories here be independent so each person can rate same-sex and opposite-sex attraction from 0% to 100%.

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It seems that many people hide their bisexuality. I do for personal reasons which would affect my current career path.

How many here consider themselves to be truly bisexual, as in that's how you present yourself to others? If asked, I'll always say that I'm str8...at least the first time I'm asked.

How do the rest of you manage your bisexuality? It's a struggle, but I try to keep it hidden.
If there was a bisexual option for orientation here (like the gay/straight thing) would you prefer that than the 50/50 thing? Definitely

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
It seems that many people hide their bisexuality.
I don't. I'm out to all of my close friends and family. It's never been an issue, even though word gets around. I'm sure some of the guy son the hockey, ulty, or flag fb teams that I've played on knew. Nobody ever mentioned it.

How many here consider themselves to be truly bisexual, as in that's how you present yourself to others?
I say that I am bi, but I can only remember two times that I've been asked (offline). Most people seem to assume that I am straight at first meeting.

How do the rest of you manage your bisexuality?
It's not a big deal. Some pre-conceived notions anger me, or hinder relationships. It's not normally an issue.

If there was a bisexual option for orientation here (like the gay/straight thing) would you prefer that than the 50/50 thing?
Yes!

tsquareguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Everyone knows me as being gay at work. Don't think they could actually deal with it if I said I was bisexual (though in reality I am because I love sex with both men and women). That being said, it intrigues some guys who consider themselves totally str8 that a supposed "gay" guy would like to have sex with women.

tyrion

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i am attracted to females very much and admire penises, but in truth i am more asexual. i am really into myself and rarely spend energy going after sex from others. there should be an asexual option that would be sweet.

badger2395

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
How many here consider themselves to be truly bisexual, as in that's how you present yourself to others? How do the rest of you manage your bisexuality? If there was a bisexual option for orientation here (like the gay/straight thing) would you prefer that than the 50/50 thing?

Yep; been out as a bisexual male for, hmm, 28 years. It's not the first thing I talk about (and sometimes it doesn't come up at all), but I don't hide that I've had boyfriends and girlfriends now and in the past. If there was a bisexual option for orientation, I'd use it over the 50/50 option.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm confused. :confused: Why is 50% gay/50% straight or some other percentage offensive to bi-sexuals?

Because it posits that there is really just gay and straight. And it's not representative of how bisexuals identify themselves. I've never told anyone, well I'm 50% gay and 50% straight. If asked, I say, I'm bisexual. It also reinforces that bisexuality doesn't exists because it can't even be named, it must be inferred. My sexuality isn't an inference, it's a fact and it has a name, identity, label--bisexual.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I'm confused. :confused: Why is 50% gay/50% straight or some other percentage offensive to bi-sexuals?

I prefer 'Bisexual' over '50/50' because my sexuality is always leaning one way or the other. Sometimes I feel more gay, sometimes more straight. I almost always depends on the company I'm in. I chose '50/50' as an average, but that ratio can change on a daily, even hourly basis.

cdouble

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Obviously the most respected sex study is the Kinsey Report, and he doesn't describe hetro/homo but rather a sliding scale where 0 is exclusively heterosexual, and 6 is exclusively homosexual. And where you lay on that continuum changes as we grow. So really, bisexual isn't very descriptive at all; rather the percentage breakdown is much more specific to the individual.

Kinsey Scale

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Bisexual doesn't automatically mean "equally attracted to men and women, both sexually and romanitcally".

Are able to deal with men and women sexually and romantically, comes to mind as well.... A little confusing rifting off the new post. I gave up the % stuff as I'm in a long term relationship that's holding up quite well.

D_Mainssworthe Maleorgan

Account Disabled
Media
I'm bisexual and proud to be so and it bothers me a bit that this site only allows the options of choosing straight or gay. I've obviously chosen 50% for each even though that may not reflect the reality but I've done so because it most clearly signifies bisexuality. The truth is though, I don't feel straight or gay, 50% or any percentage. I feel and am bisexual.

I have lots of straight and gay friends and I talk with them intimately about everything. I've realized that I'm not straight at all, no matter how much I might find women attractive and I'm not gay at all no matter how much I find men attractive. Nor do I want to be straight or gay. I like being bisexual, it works for me. I know bisexuality comes in several different forms. I'm open about my bisexuality with my partners and I'm monogamous in committed relationships--if I focus on one gender, I don't seek out the other gender. I really don't see any difference between have sex with men and women. Both can be kissed, stroked, licked, penetrated, hugged, massaged and whatever else. Some women are hard and muscled and some men are smooth and soft. Dating is different. It's socially easier to date women but easier to hook up with guys (if you live in a gay friendly city). Men seem to handle the bisexual thing easier than women, which is why I feel I generally meet more guys than women because I refuse to lie about who I am with people I have relationships with.

When I was in college I had a bunch of bisexual friends and I loved that. It's been harder to have that as I've gotten older. It seems that many people hide their bisexuality.

Amen to that.:cool:

I am definitely 50/50. Right in the middle. Not many believe me, but, I have accepted that it's their problem, not mine. I know what I am.

saxxa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am bisexual. I find that straights and gays think that one is either or, However, I believe that most people are bisexual to some degree, but would never act upon it because of sanctions by religion or society.