100% bullshit?

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been questioning my 100% label. Why did I choose it? What does it mean to me?

So I spent an hour reading earlier threads about what the straight/gay percents mean to different people, and the more I read, the more confused I became.

Some people think that "100%" is a perfectly acceptable label. Other people think the "100%" label is bullshit and denial. The arguments are convincing on both sides.

To help myself deal with my confusion, I created a grading system so that I could test myself. I even added options that didn't apply to me so that I could test multiple personalities that may or may not be lurking in my head...

-- I am 100% "brain dead" about other sexual choices: I don't even think about it

-- I tried "it" once and am 100% sure I never want to do it again

-- I think about "it" (rarely, sometimes or often) but 100% of my activity is/has been/will be 100% straight/gay because... because... dammit, just BECAUSE!

-- I 100% wouldn't mind RECEIVING sex (bj, licking, whatever) from a member of the (same/opposite) sex, but I just can't see myself reciprocating

-- I am 100% sure I want to commit to ONE person, and seeing as how most people are one sex or the other, I focus on one orientation so that I can experience a loving relationship

-- I am 100% sure that I will become a raging dyke/queen/soccermom-dad if I ever dare let myself "go there"

-- I am 100% sure that all homo's/lesbo's/hetero's are GOING TO HELL!

-- I am 100% USDA inspected and certified (think: OmahaBeef):wink:

= = = = = = = =

And after all that mental effort, I was STILL confused. The only thing I knew for 100% sure was that I wasn't OmahaBeef... or was I?

So........

Did I miss any statistically significant options/choices?

And, other 100%ers out there... am I the only one who's confused? :eek:

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my 20's, I got a little hard once when sitting in my track shorts next to a woman friend on the couch and she was making some moves toward me. But I'm still 100% gay (for now, anyway) because I have no desire to become anything more than a friend with a woman. I guess statistically I am .00001% gay, except for maybe the girl I occasionally kissed in High School when pretending to be straight.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
I have 100% Straight for 2 reasons:

1. I have 0% desire to have any kind of sex with other males.

2. 0% gay makes it clear to men who want to hook up with male members of this site that I'm probably not worth the effort!

I probably would have considered myself up to 10% gay when I first joined this site but learning about gay sex here and seeing gay pics and clips just leaves me indifferent, no excitement at all.

By the way hotmilf, congratulations on posting over 1000!!!!:smile:
:notworthy: :hug: :You_Rock_Emoticon: :beerchug2: :clap: :laola: :party:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am 100% straight also. Gay sex does nothing for me.

I know which males are handsome though and I'm not afraid to say it! Really I like their inteligence or their work. And I guess that makes me appreciate them even more. Yes I mean Prince, Scott Bakula etc :tongue:

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm 100% sure, that I'm at least 50% confused. Does that help? :biggrin1:

I go back and forth, all the time, on what I do and don't like. I think it's why I really hate labels so much. If I can't figure me out, someone else sticking their definitive little tag on me, is REALLY going to annoy me.

radicaldick

Experimental Member
Media
the whole percentage thing i find so damn silly. it is way too subjective. for example, a guy, based on actual experiences, could be considered totally straight, or nearly so, but maybe he is aroused by seeing another guy hard, or in a vid, or whatever. maybe he even has fantasies, but never has actual experiences with another guy. someone else may consider this person bisexual. just accept who u are sexually, and learn to become comfortable with whatever that is, cause u cant change it. and then have some fun with it. :biggrin1:

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
I know I'm 100% straight because homosexuality repluses me. Not looking at cock, that doesn't repulse me, part of the human body, got one myself. Not saying you'd bang that dude because if you was gay, that's just gratiude of a good looking person.

But just the overall act, seeing it does turn me off incredibly so.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks guys for your comments and support in my hour of "knead"...

Cale2: Aw, you're sweet!

crescendo69: LOL, it's hard to imagine you doing that (kiss a girl) -- did it make your toes CURL or make you want to HURL ?? (see ya back at Scrabble!)

dongalong: 1,000 posts? Good grief! I hadn't even noticed!!! Thanks for the congrats, and thanks for pointing it out.

SLB: Aw, shucks! BTW, interesting selection of men -- you kinda look like them!

novice_btm: I know and I agree... but some weird part of me demands that I have a label on this!

Radical With Dick: Thanks for your kind words. And yes, I am fully prepared to accept whatever it is that I figure out!

*sigh* might as well go do something useful....
* goes to kitchen to wash some dishes *

PS: Hi Frizzle! Thanks for your comments too!

Cale2

Sexy Member
Media
Seattle, Washington, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know which males are handsome though and I'm not afraid to say it! Really I like their inteligence or their work. And I guess that makes me appreciate them even more. Yes I mean Prince, Scott Bakula etc :tongue:

Mmmmmm...I could time travel with Bakula any day. :wink:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:redface:

I'd be honoured to 'kind of' look like those guys :smile:

Sadly, I think you jest hehe. But thanks. Gonna go to bed now, maybe see if I can write something. Someone told me to keep writing :tongue:

Whatever you want to be is 100% okay with me.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been questioning my 100% label. Why did I choose it? What does it mean to me?
Girlfriend, you are thinking about this WAY TOO MUCH! Do you want to lick pussy? bump or suck clits, lick & suck boobies or just play with them? Have you ever even considered the possibility? No? Then you are 100 % straight. That's all there is to it.
So I spent an hour reading earlier threads about what the straight/gay percents mean to different people, and the more I read, the more confused I became.
Some people think that "100%" is a perfectly acceptable label. Other people think the "100%" label is bullshit and denial. The arguments are convincing on both sides.Whether here or IRL, thus far I have only encountered 100% gay men who think that, 100% straight men are lying.
To help myself deal with my confusion, I created a grading system so that I could test myself. I even added options that didn't apply to me so that I could test multiple personalities that may or may not be lurking in my head...

-- I am 100% "brain dead" about other sexual choices: I don't even think about it.That's me! Though I would change choices to options
-- I tried "it" once and am 100% sure I never want to do it again
I'm 41, I have never experimented with a woman, nor have I ever even considered the possibility. I was willing to fuck a small dicked guy to verify my size queen status. At no point in time has it ever ocurred to me to kiss a girl or do anything else to verify that I am straight. When I was in high school if a girl, had been caught with another girl she woulda had to move. Her life would have been made a living hell. :frown1: :mad:
-- I am 100% USDA inspected and certified (think: OmahaBeef)
Where do I sign up to have OmahaBeef inspect and certify me as 100% straight? :05: :flirt:
= = = = = = = =
So........ Did I miss any statistically significant options/choices?
And, other 100%ers out there... am I the only one who's confused? I am not confused. Most women who put 100% straight are not confused. Women who put 100% Gay are not confused. Men who put 100% Gay are not confused. We just KNOW.

If you are experiencing some confusion then maybe you should explore your options. For the most part I think the men and women here who have various %'s know what it means to them. I do understand your confusion though; I was pretty confuzzled as to what all these %'s meant myself when I first got here.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's just my take on your question but I don't think we're 100% anything in any aspect of our lives. For me the sexuality label is more about who I'm attracted to and who I might fall in love with. I could see myself falling in love with anyone but I'm not too sure about the physical or sexual experession of it. For example if I fell in love with a guy, I'd have no interest in having him "butt fuck" me. In fact it would pretty much scare the shit out of me. But I could see myself making out and being close to him. The same is obviously true of a girl who I'm attracted to also.

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow! Thank you for mentioning me HotMilf and NjQT! Hopefully it was with favorable sentiments :)

I am glad that you brought this topic up, because I never really had the chance to elaborate WHY I am 100% straight.

I can say that my orientation was purely a matter of nature, not nurture or cultural reasons. Since I can remember, I have only been intrigued sexually by the famale body. For example, I can remember having crushes on girls my age, and not really knowing why. I can remember running around the neighborhood, discovering Playboy's and the like, and popping a chubby in my corderoy's, not really knowing WHY I was, but just being totally intoxicated by the sight of the female body.

This "Sexual Self-Actualization" is routine in anyone: gay, straight, or both. It is simply apart of who they are, whether they wish to accept their orientation or not. Being 100% straight, my self-actualization has been far easier than many people in this world. For this, I am thankful.

Some may conclude that cultural/societal/familial pressures would create a "mindset" that would frown upon any hinting at bisexuality or homosexuality, therefore creating denial. Almost a peer pressure of sorts to "not dare thinking about it". I can totally see this being the case for many people. Fortunately, it never was an issue for me now OR growing up.

Each human being is naturally inclined to like what they like and WHO they like. I do not fault anyone for liking one sex or the other, or even both. It's purely a matter of one's sexuality being favorable towards one sex or the other.

Pure and simple, I am unmoved and unaroused by the male form, sexually. It is simply not in my brains' normal wiring to be attracted to another man in that capacity. I cannot control that, any more than I can control my blood-type being A+, or my eyes being Blue.

That being said, I would probably categorize myself in the first point that you brought up HotMilf...in that it simply doesnt enter my mind, or even the deepest recesses of my mind.

However, I can appreciate the male form, or traits that any male would desire to have. I can look at a man and say: "He has an IDEAL build" or he has an "ideal cock". But that favorability is purely a "thumbs up" sentiment rather than "I desire you" sentiment. They may have a natural trait that I may envy in a way, wishing I HAD THAT TRAIT. I don't believe, in my most precise self-reflection, that this makes me ANY percent gay.

In a nutshell, one can have an open mind, and still arrive at the same conclusion, time and again...when it comes to their own sexuality. My time for sexual self-actualization has come and gone. It will be the same on my dying day as it was when I became concious of the sex drive.

I have gay or bi friends I have met in lfe and also on this very site, where I have discussed this in private many a time, but now I am saying it aloud. The "OmahaBeef 100% straight" is exactly who he is. There is no man behind the mask, or any hidden, secret revelation.

PEOPLE: Dig who you dig, and be unafraid. The first step towards inner happiness is KNOWING WHO YOU ARE. It's all downhill from there.

...OB

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have 100% Straight for 2 reasons:

1. I have 0% desire to have any kind of sex with other males.

2. 0% gay makes it clear to men who want to hook up with male members of this site that I'm probably not worth the effort!

Same for me. I can acknowledge that George Clooney is a handsome guy, but there's no sexual component to that. I can be impressed by how big a guy's dick is without wanting to play with it myself.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If I can't figure me out, someone else sticking their definitive little tag on me, is REALLY going to annoy me.
I hope more people read this.

I removed the percentages from my profile because I don't think what my sexual leanings are should be of any concern to anyone but me. Right now, i'd consider myself 99% straight/1% gay because i've never had a sexual experience with another women, save for kissing. That may change but for now I still gravitate towards men.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have gay or bi friends I have met in lfe and also on this very site, where I have discussed this in private many a time, but now I am saying it aloud. The "OmahaBeef 100% straight" is exactly who he is. There is no man behind the mask, or any hidden, secret revelation.

PEOPLE: Dig who you dig, and be unafraid. The first step towards inner happiness is KNOWING WHO YOU ARE. It's all downhill from there.

...OB

And he's the man!

Thanks, OB, for responding to the thread -- and yes, I was thinking of you with favorable sentiments! :wink:

I appreciated your mention of "Sex Self-Actualization" -- yes... very true. I didn't know it had a name, but it's a good name and I'm glad to know it. (Had never thought of it that way, but it makes sense... and I guess you could say that I've been "straight" since I was 4 years old!)

HOWEVER, does anyone know anything about latent or subconscious orientations??!! Or have I just been having too many beers and too much time to think about things?

:biggrin1: