Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't even know where to start with this one.

First of all, $100 for a cup of coffee. I love coffee and it loves me, but not that much.

Secondly, it's made from the rarest coffee beans on earth. Okay, I would expect that for that price. And I definitely think it's an excellent idea to transform rare plants and animals into consumer goods, so this sounds like a well-deserved victory of capitalism over nature.

Third, the beans are... wait for it... extracted from the excrement of a wild Indonesian cat. In other words, a cat takes a shit in the woods and rich people are forking over a hundred simoleons a pop to drink the juice from it.

Finally, the pictures in the attached show what the cat looks like. Absolutely chilling.

Are those coffee beans in the litter box? : L.A. Unleashed : Los Angeles Times

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
The wealthy have always done ridiculous things like that. Frois gras, escargot, caviar, truffles. I have a hard time swallowing what the wealthy ate in past centuries. There has always been this weird thing about the rich culture about what they are willing to waste money on especially if it sounds exotic.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The wealthy have always done ridiculous things like that. Frois gras, escargot, caviar, truffles. I have a hard time swallowing what the wealthy ate in past centuries. There has always been this weird thing about the rich culture about what they are willing to waste money on especially if it sounds exotic.

Your elegant choice of words is intoxicating. :wink::biggrin1:

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
lol....it always confuses me when wealthy people eat (or in this case, drink) the most stupidest stuff. i'm sorry, but rat shit coffee will never taste as good as a grande Caramel Frappacino in Starbucks.

i ate at this high class restaraunt called Nobu once and basically starved, and then had to pay ten times as much as a combo from Wendy's.

but as i am writing all of this, i know that if i ever became rich, i would buy and do the most stupidest things. why? because i could.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
lol....it always confuses me when wealthy people eat (or in this case, drink) the most stupidest stuff. i'm sorry, but rat shit coffee will never taste as good as a grande Caramel Frappacino in Starbucks.

i ate at this high class restaraunt called Nobu once and basically starved, and then had to pay ten times as much as a combo from Wendy's...

i totally agree with what you're saying about the posh restaurants serving tiny portions of food. i've been to places like that before and it definitely ain't my style... i'd much rather go to a hole in the wall mexican joint and eat all the carne asada i want.

and yes, starbucks is much better than high-priced coffee that tastes like shit. non-fat vanilla lattes will be my cause of death.