11/17/08 is Military Appreciation Monday @ Golden Corral Restaurants

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:unitedstates: Military Appreciation Monday :unitedstates:

The 2008 Military Appreciation Monday dinner will be held on Monday, November 17, 2008 from 5 pm to 9 pm in all Golden Corral Restaurants.

The free “thank you” dinner is available to any person who has ever served in the United States Military. If you are a veteran, retired, currently serving, in the National Guard or Reserves, you are invited to participate in Golden Corral’s Military Appreciation Monday dinner.

To date, Golden Corral restaurants have provided over 1.8 million free meals and contributed over $2.53 million to the Disabled American Veterans organization.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is very cool! Although, perhaps regional as I've only seen a Golden Corral near Petal, MS and nowhere else.

Hope those vet/ret/active not near a golden corral still get their due at home with a steak and blowjob/cunnilingus day on the 17th... for this year, I can say, I have done my part. :biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is very cool! Although, perhaps regional as I've only seen a Golden Corral near Petal, MS and nowhere else.

Hope those vet/ret/active not near a golden corral still get their due at home with a steak and blowjob/cunnilingus day on the 17th... for this year, I can say, I have done my part. :biggrin1:

I think they are primarily in the south and midwest. I've never seen one above the Mason-Dixon Line; and there are only 3 in Georgia. Fortunately one of them is only 20 minutes from us. Last year I took my dad and his brother, both veterans of the Korean War. It ran with military precision. Translation: We stood on line for 90 minutes; it was slow, but the line moved.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
:dunno: I've been to two Golden Coral restaurants in my life. One in Livingston, Texas and the other in Austin and they are always full of flies flying around and lots of them. A great thing to do for the military, but don't want to eat around lots of flies.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
The gesture is always appreciated.

However what would be nice is we were offered a free meal on occasion that was better than Army food. I think I would rather have an old K-Ration. However I was a big fan of the MREs Pork, Rice and BBQ sauce.

I've been to a Golden Coral in NC, I would rather eat at a Waffle House.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Golden Coral like any other chain has good and bad ones depending on owners/management. I have been at some bad and great ones, the ones here near my place in WI all being the latter. You can’t beat the value when the food is good and selection spectacular for 10 bucks.

I may go and take advantage of the free meal; I can taste those yummy hot-out-of-the-over yeast rolls with honey butter already!

:usa2: :unitedstates: United States Navy :unitedstates:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think they are primarily in the south and midwest. I've never seen one above the Mason-Dixon Line; and there are only 3 in Georgia. Fortunately one of them is only 20 minutes from us. Last year I took my dad and his brother, both veterans of the Korean War. It ran with military precision. Translation: We stood on line for 90 minutes; it was slow, but the line moved.
Well, if you do not want your standing that long this year, you should look into special dinners at restaurants just off post. Call my family cheap, but everyone shops on post and then before going home take advantage of the deals at local restaurants-they're very competitive.

Even at cemeteries. Two years ago when I buried my father, all of the restaurants around the national cemetery had deep discounts for vets, as long as they're carrying a current card. Which I believe is the one with the flag going all the way across the card.... as a vet and a senior your dad should be using that as much as possible, imo. :smile:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, the one in Douglasville, GA while not as nice as Tavern on the Green has always been clean and the food fresh and good.