12-21-2012 The end of the world?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Funny you mention this because I just watched a History Channel show about the Lost Book of Nostradamus which pretty much gave the alleged date of the final 'pocalypse as the same year, prompting me to ask the missus that if I were to leave behind a book of mysterious doodlings, does she think that in a 1000 years someone would be trying to interpret them as well.

The Lost Book of Nostradamus

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I also saw a show about a week ago on, I think, the Discovery Science channel about this new prediction. Only, in this program, 2012 was picked as a date because a computer program crawled the internet looking at various sources. All of these sources said that the end would come in 2012. The main who programmed the coding said that this program had predicted some other major event, Hurricane Katrina, 9/11, etc in the past decade or so. So should we believe it or not?

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I also saw a show about a week ago on, I think, the Discovery Science channel about this new prediction. Only, in this program, 2012 was picked as a date because a computer program crawled the internet looking at various sources. All of these sources said that the end would come in 2012. The main who programmed the coding said that this program had predicted some other major event, Hurricane Katrina, 9/11, etc in the past decade or so. So should we believe it or not?

No.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The main who programmed the coding said that this program had predicted some other major event, Hurricane Katrina, 9/11, etc in the past decade or so. So should we believe it or not?

A fair test would be to ask: Did the program also predict as many similar major events that failed to occur?

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Funny you mention this because I just watched a History Channel show about the Lost Book of Nostradamus which pretty much gave the alleged date of the final 'pocalypse as the same year, prompting me to ask the missus that if I were to leave behind a book of mysterious doodlings, does she think that in a 1000 years someone would be trying to interpret them as well.

The Lost Book of Nostradamus

Scholars have attempted to interpret some of mine. and by scholars I mean, of course, complete idiots. There are basically two schools of thought. Those who feel the graphite pencil rendering of Michaelangelo of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that I drew during recess when I was eleven points to a global catastrophe in the year 2056 brought on by an over-reliance on partially hydrogenated corn syrup; and those who feel instead that the crayon on notebook paper interpretation of Garfield the cat I produced over a commercial break while watching Transformers in the summer of 1985 points to a much later date. Either way, once they put it on television or make a youtube video I'm sure both arguments will be pretty compelling.

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
A fair test would be to ask: Did the program also predict as many similar major events that failed to occur?

I tuned out not even halfway through it. I think something else that I wanted to watch came on :biggrin1:

The only thing that I could think about was how most people thought the end was coming in 2000 but nothing happened and, apparently, how some thought the end would come in 1996 and obviously that didn't happen. But now that you mention it, before Katrina, no one said anything and I'm sure that if it was predicted, the internet would have been on fire. Also, no one said anything about the tsunami of '05 nor 9/11, there were only 'guess-timates' to that...

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Scholars have attempted to interpret some of mine. and by scholars I mean, of course, complete idiots. There are basically two schools of thought. Those who feel the graphite pencil rendering of Michaelangelo of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that I drew during recess when I was eleven points to a global catastrophe in the year 2056 brought on by an over-reliance on partially hydrogenated corn syrup; and those who feel instead that the crayon on notebook paper interpretation of Garfield the cat I produced over a commercial break while watching Transformers in the summer of 1985 points to a much later date. Either way, once they put it on television or make a youtube video I'm sure both arguments will be pretty compelling.

I translated this to Japanese at AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation , then copied the Japanese Katakana and pasted it into a new session (important step) and translated it back into English, thereby producing Engrish, and suddenly....it all became very clear. :eek:

The scholar tries as interpreted how many of the mines, I the naturally mean complete fool with the scholar. There is two in the theology basis. The people who feel the rendering of the pencil of the graphite of Michaelangelo of the turtle of a teen of Ninja of the mutation body which was pulled during the rest which is 11 points in entire catastrophe of 2056 where it has me due to reliance to cone syrup I hydrogenating partly; And the moth - crayon me of paper interpretation of note of field the transformer of the summer of 1985 points while in a greatly seeing slower date, the people whom in the cat thing which was created in the commercial being broken eye you are moved by substituting. Those put that on the television, or if or I am done in the video of youtube, as for method, argument both considerably being mandatory verifies thing.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I find these programs about Nostradamus, the Mayan Calendar, the Bible Code, and all the rest, interesting and fun to watch, but I don't believe them for shit.:biggrin:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Um, aren't we still actively having this discussion here (started only three days ago, and commented on only 9 hours ago):
http://www.lpsg.org/66088-decoding-the-past-doomsday-2012-a.html

and to some extent here:
http://www.lpsg.org/59846-2012-dec-21st-end-mayan.html
???

Figuring that out would require using the search feature, which could be construed as doing research, something the doomsday harbingers/paranormal enthusiasts/conspiracy theorists/Bible decoders tend to avoid.

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
no, of course not...according to Terrence McKenna and Grant Morrison, it'll be December 22, not 21. that's a whole other day to party. ;)

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
. But now that you mention it, before Katrina, no one said anything and I'm sure that if it was predicted, the internet would have been on fire. Also, no one said anything about the tsunami of '05 nor 9/11, there were only 'guess-timates' to that...

Exactly. That's the thing.

I work as a weather forecaster and for decades I've been interpreting many different mathematical and statistical models to try to predict big events like damaging storms. Any predictive tool that tries to anticipate catastrophes must correctly and objectively forecast the actual events while simultaneously avoiding false alarms. Otherwise, it has no better skill than tossing a coin.