12-Year-Old Boy Should Be Consulted About Circumcision

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ore. Court: Boy Has Say In Circumcision

Oregon Supreme Court Rules 12-Year-Old Boy Should Be Consulted About Circumcision

PORTLAND, Ore., Jan. 25, 2008

(AP) The wishes of a 12-year-old boy should be considered in a dispute between his divorced parents about whether he should be circumcised, the Oregon Supreme Court ruled Friday.

The father, James Boldt, converted to Judaism in 2004 and wants the boy to be circumcised as part of the faith. The mother, Lia Boldt, appealed to the high court, saying the operation could harm her son physically and psychologically.

The state Supreme Court ruled that earlier court decisions failed to determine whether the boy wanted the circumcision, as his father contended, or opposed it, as his mother alleged.

The Supreme Court sent the case back to the trial court to answer that question.

If the trial court finds the child agrees to be circumcised, the Supreme Court said, it should deny the mother's requests. But if the trial court finds the child opposes the circumcision, the court has to determine if it will affect the father's ability to care for the child.

The custody dispute began when the child was 4 and the circumcision issue began three years ago when he was 9.

The case has drawn attention from Jewish groups concerned that the Oregon court might restrict the practice. It also has drawn attention from Doctors Opposing Circumcision.

The courts have steered clear of religious or medical issues, focusing on the questions of custody and care of the child.

More than a million U.S. infants are circumcised each year, but circumcising adults or teens remains relatively rare.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I thought I would be the last person to ever post a circumcision thread but I saw this in todays Atlanta-Journal Constitution; and thought it needed to be shared.

A Few Thoughts:
  • The article doesn't mention what the mothers religion is. Technically, if the mother is not Jewish, then the child is not Jewish, and thus does not need to be circumcised.
  • The son being uncut should not affect the fathers ability to love and care for him.
  • The boy is now 12 years old, he does not need daddy's help to wash his penis.
  • I am not a parent, however I am reasonably certain that there are a variety of things they can do together, to bond.

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No normal 12 year old would want to be circumcised. Whatever the *benefits* may be (if you believe there are any), the kid is going to be more concerned with his penis being chopped up than anything else. What chopping penises up has to do with religion beats me. I'm sure the kid is wondering the same thing.

W/In 1 Stand Dev

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe it's because you're not a guy, but you missed a very important point:

Is the father circumsized?

Was he circumsized before converting to Juddaism?

If he had be uncut his whole life, then converted, did he get circumsized?

If not yet, if I was the kid, I would be like "Hmmn... yeah, sure dear ol' Dad, you go first!"

And the parents have to realize, what kind of undue attention is this boy getting at school!

There might be 6th grade or middle school boys all oggling him in the PE locker room to check out his uncut dick.

Or the girls might be teasing him, or they might actually want to get a good look at it.

I think at age 12 the boy is certainly capable of deciding which religion he wants to follow.

Me personally, I'd avoid the one that wants to cut on my dick.

:eek:

How is this NOT different than the "clitorectomies" and labial butchering done to women in some 3rd world countries?

WTF?!

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Talk about tramatizing the boy! Everyone in school now knows he's got a one eyed trouser trout! its probably all the talk. Fucking people! They make me sick!

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Let's just hope they make the sensible decision and decide that it's up to the child. Why the father thinks his conversion should have any impact on anyone other than him is beyond me.

pierre bleue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ore. Court: Boy Has Say In Circumcision

Oregon Supreme Court Rules 12-Year-Old Boy Should Be Consulted About Circumcision

PORTLAND, Ore., Jan. 25, 2008

(AP) The wishes of a 12-year-old boy should be considered in a dispute between his divorced parents about whether he should be circumcised, the Oregon Supreme Court ruled Friday.

The father, James Boldt, converted to Judaism in 2004 and wants the boy to be circumcised as part of the faith. The mother, Lia Boldt, appealed to the high court, saying the operation could harm her son physically and psychologically.

The state Supreme Court ruled that earlier court decisions failed to determine whether the boy wanted the circumcision, as his father contended, or opposed it, as his mother alleged.

The Supreme Court sent the case back to the trial court to answer that question.

If the trial court finds the child agrees to be circumcised, the Supreme Court said, it should deny the mother's requests. But if the trial court finds the child opposes the circumcision, the court has to determine if it will affect the father's ability to care for the child.

The custody dispute began when the child was 4 and the circumcision issue began three years ago when he was 9.

The case has drawn attention from Jewish groups concerned that the Oregon court might restrict the practice. It also has drawn attention from Doctors Opposing Circumcision.

The courts have steered clear of religious or medical issues, focusing on the questions of custody and care of the child.

More than a million U.S. infants are circumcised each year, but circumcising adults or teens remains relatively rare.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I thought I would be the last person to ever post a circumcision thread but I saw this in todays Atlanta-Journal Constitution; and thought it needed to be shared.

A Few Thoughts:
  • The article doesn't mention what the mothers religion is. Technically, if the mother is not Jewish, then the child is not Jewish, and thus does not need to be circumcised.
  • The son being uncut should not affect the fathers ability to love and care for him.
  • The boy is now 12 years old, he does not need daddy's help to wash his penis.
  • I am not a parent, however I am reasonably certain that there are a variety of things they can do together, to bond.
the father is also a false jew, but the jewish connection is so strong that they nearly always win. jewry is a kind of free-masonery and if his/her lawyer is a cohen, my god ! I pray for him ! That awful dad wants to draw his son into judaism also. And him, as a false jew should not be allowed to do so !
That guy concerted to judaism simply by ambition especially if he works in the money circle or so, he justs wants to be like his colleagues. Circumsion is a strong symbol for him. Poor mother, poor child !

slate_australis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
As njqt pointed out in Judaism, the faith of the father is not important, it's a maternal faith. The father should not have asked this of his son, and sounds to me more of a "branding" exercise on his part during a difficult custody situation.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is the legal issue... and the only issue to be decided.

The article doesn't mention what the mothers religion is. Technically, if the mother is not Jewish, then the child is not Jewish
Just curious which law you base this on??:confused:

slate_australis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
This is the legal issue... and the only issue to be decided.

Just curious which law you base this on??:confused:

Deuteronomy 7 is quite clear that the child of a Jew and non-Jewish father (we are talking at birth) will be Jewish. It also is hard on Jewish men who take non-Jewish wives since that will mean their child is not Jewish.

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe it's because you're not a guy, but you missed a very important point:

Is the father circumsized?

Was he circumsized before converting to Juddaism?

If he had be uncut his whole life, then converted, did he get circumsized?

If not yet, if I was the kid, I would be like "Hmmn... yeah, sure dear ol' Dad, you go first!"

And the parents have to realize, what kind of undue attention is this boy getting at school!

There might be 6th grade or middle school boys all oggling him in the PE locker room to check out his uncut dick.

Or the girls might be teasing him, or they might actually want to get a good look at it.

I think at age 12 the boy is certainly capable of deciding which religion he wants to follow.

How is this NOT different than the "clitorectomies" and labial butchering done to women in some 3rd world countries?

WTF?!
I agree but I think the decision is to important and a child of 12 mature enough to make such a huge and irreversible decision.

I think it is gross and highly inappropriate for adults to talk about or consider doing anything to alter a child's sex organs.
Sick,sick,sick.

I feel that if a MAN wants the circumsicion for his own reasons so be it.
Some men don't like the inconvenience of their foreskin because they hate smegma.

I don't believe infants should be circumcised and it could be done later after the skin has separated from the head of the penis.

I wish I had seen forums about it but I had my son in 1989 and was only 18 and didn't know better.
I asked around a lot when I new I was pregnant and my friends convinced me it was the right choice.
I think I was wrong to choose to permanently alter my son without his consent.

The boy's father is a freaking asshole. I would like to beat the crap out of him.
Who the fuck does he think he ids trying to push his religion on his son and his son's penis.

Some guys choose it because they very strong smelling smegma.

When I was having my son they cut me against my wishes. That was degrading and it made me so angry. I would kill that doctor if I could.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
The stuff in Torah of the Old Testament isn't necessarily what modern Jews follow today. But that is not the issue here.

The `1 year old boy has to decide for himself if he wishes to become Jewish. If he does, he will have to under go circumcisoin. If he does not wish to convert to Judaism at this time, circumcision is not going to change what he believes in his heart or mind.

Christians baptise. I have never heard of a Christian parent requiring a `12 year old to under go baptism against their will. The baptism won't make the child a Christian either unless the child wants to be a Christian.

To me, this is a 100 percent decision for the boy to make. No court or parent should force him to submit to circumcision.

We are suppose to have freedom of religion here in the United States. At least I thought we did.

Alex Chambers

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Seems to me that a 12-year-old boy should be able to decide for himself whether or not he wishes to under go this medically unnecessary procedure. Also, I am not sure how removal of the son's foreskin has any bearing on the quality of the father's adherence to his new faith.

visceraltuning

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is amazing what people will do in order to feel like they have power over something.

------------------------------
If an adolescent girl does not have to consult her parents about OBGYN issues, as is true is many states, then an adolescent boy should not have to have his dick skinned unless he wants too.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I knew this psycho woman who was converting to Judaism and was going to make her pre-teen son get circumcised. (I'm not saying she's psycho for converting to Judaism, but for making her son cut off part of his penis. Fuckin' bitch. She should cut off her clit!)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As njqt pointed out in Judaism, the faith of the father is not important, it's a maternal faith. The father should not have asked this of his son, and sounds to me more of a "branding" exercise on his part during a difficult custody situation.
Yup, he is using his son as a pawn.

Maybe it's because you're not a guy, but you missed a very important point: Is the father circumsized? I didn'miss that it wasn't mentioned in the article.
Was he circumsized before converting to Judaism? Apparently his penis doesn't matter.

If he had be uncut his whole life, then converted, did he get circumsized? He should have. I know a Jewish guy who migrated here from Russia in the mid 90's. One of the first things he, his father, and his uncle did was to get circumcised. It was a very important matter of faith to them.

If not yet, if I was the kid, I would be like "Hmmn... yeah, sure dear ol' Dad, you go first!" If the boy has not been raised Jewish thus far there is no reason for him to be circumcised.
And the parents have to realize, what kind of undue attention is this boy getting at school! Dad may as well get a 2nd job now to pay for his kids therapy bills.

I think at age 12 the boy is certainly capable of deciding which religion he wants to follow. True, I agree. What if they didn't raise him in any faith, would he still have the right to decide.

How is this NOT different than the "clitorectomies" and labial butchering done to women in some 3rd world countries? WTF?!
You had to go there didn't you? First of all this is not a 3rd world country it's America. Nevermind! I'm too angry to type! :mad:

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Circumcision doesn't make a person believe in God anymore than baptism makes a person believe that Jesus is God. If that were true, then all we would have to do is circumcise every male and get a water hose and water down everybody in the name of Jesus and all would be practicing Jews and Christians at the same time.

If the 12 year old boy decides on his own that he wants to convert to Judaism. I have no problem with the circumcision . However, I would have to feel very confident that the boy was not acting on pressure from one of his parents to have this procedure done.

However, if a parent wants the boy to wait until age 18 that parent is well within his or her rights to do so. Same with baptism or any other religious rite.