1200mg Omega-3 Liquid Softgels

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My experience with taking omega-3 Liquid Softgels has been a positive one.
The only thing I've had to get used to Is sometimes there's an after tast of fish oil in my throat.
For years my body hurt and the doctors couldn't explain It or figure things out.
I had all kinds of blood tests, x-rays, and cat scans and they all came up negative.
I had one doctor tell me It was all In my head and for a while I thought he may be right, but the pain I had was irrefutable.
Another doctor just wanted to treat the inflamation, and the medication seemed to be worse for me than the actual problem.
By getting rid of one problem I was gaining several more from the side effects of the meds.
The problem was that I would get a soreness In my neck that would seem to inflame, as would other parts of my body.
This had many subsequent problems that seemed to not make any sense, like having a higher than normal temperature, or my glands swelling.
For the longest time I thought that I had done damage to my body because there was a time In my life that I did not take care of myself like I should have, basicaly by not having a proper diet.
And I feared that what I had done was irreversable, which made me very depressed.
Then one day my wife and I were watching an episode of Dr. Oz and he was talking about the importance of omega-3 and that when our body lacks this important supplement It reacts In many ways.
Well thank god for Dr. Oz, since I've tried omega-3 my life has improved by leaps and bounds.
I've gone from wanting to blow my brains out from the pain and frustration of people thinking I'm nuts and just craving for pain pills to where I now seem to be getting on with my life.
Does anyone else take these supplements and/or has anyone else experienced the same results?:smile:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
One of my sons has cholesterol and blood sugar problems and was put on a high dose omega-3 regimen. We had to carefully read brand labels to find the one with the highest omega-3 content per caplet. It's carried by Walmart (boo hiss) But it is working. If only he would lose some weight now...

I took some of the ones that weren't deemed potent enough to do him good and noticed they help with mood. But if I lived somewhere that eating ocean fish was more affordable and usual, perhaps I would not need the pills at all. We don't eat local fish due to mercury pollution.

Omega 3 is also in flax seed and other cold pressed vegetable oils.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I consume 2 tablespoons of organic flax oil every day. It doesn't need to be capped like fish oil due to it's mild taste. Use it in salad dressing, in protein shakes, or just straight down the hatch. 1tbsp is equal to 14,000mg. They say that the fish oil is a better source of Omega 3, but it is more expensive, you have to take a lot of caps, and it is much more highly processed than the flax oil. Plus, I am paranoid about the concentrations of oceanic pollutants in fish oil.

I wish more people would be aware of the benefits of Omega 3 and the risks of transfats and over consumption of Omega 9 oil. Like the OP, after I started it 12 years ago, the aches and pains and tissue inflammations just disappeared. They say it's great for your sex drive as well.

Last edited:

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
WOW....i went through damn near the same thing in late 2008!! Started packing on weight from water retention out of no where...the only consistent thing on my blood work was that my SED (internal inflammation) was off the chart and i was in so much pain some days that basic stuff like showering and tying my shoes was torture. I also assumed that my wild ass lifestyle of my 20s was catching up with me in my mid 30s.

My regimen today is 2K mg of omega 3 & 6 and it has made a HUGE improvement in my QOL. Like Vince, i add organic flax to allot of things too. I also made radical changes to my diet...im a pseudo vegetarian...mostly vegetable based diet with some fish and chicken but no red meat or pork and very little dairy. No foods that come out of a can or a package...period. No processed flour or sugar (which is easy for me as I dont have a sweet tooth and loath soda). The final piece of my recovery plan is exercise...im obsessive about it...i will MAKE time to get at least 90 min of it six days a week and walk almost everywhere under a mile, weather permitting.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The Omega-3s and flax seed (as an oil, raw cereal, or just the seeds) are a generally good idea. Just don't overdo the Vitamin A, C, and B-complexes. I've always found it interesting that humans and gorillas are the only two members of the ape family that do no produce their own Vitamin C.

*I'd add: learn to love the taste of olive oil, eat raw uncooked oats every morning as if they were corn flakes, and stay away from ultra-refined white flour and you're probably going to feel much better in general.

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Another great source of O3 is raw, hulled, hemp seeds. So tasty and like everything to do with hemp, really good for you. I eat them for breakfast on top of my yogurt, cut-fruit and flax oil mix.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I take the Omega 3-6-9 caplets made by the Vitamin Shoppe, 2 per day. I think they're about 1000 mg each, containing mostly vegetable oils with some salmon oil. I always understood the benefit to be to long-term heart health. I've never noticed any short-term effect.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yep, I take Lovaza everyday. I'm glad you're feeling better you should try Lovaza I've never had any after taste. My Dr thinks the price is ridiculous so she writes my script for double the amount for 3 months and my insurance gives me one of those months for free so I take what she tells me to instead of what the bottle says... basically I get two months free because of how she writes it. Just FYI if your insurance has a 90 day deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
FYI: My son was originally prescribed Lovaza and the Medicaid quit covering it because the non-prescription caps are so ubiquitous. We have to buy our own.

If you don't have prescription coverage and take Lovaza, do some price shopping.