14 year age gap

D_Rock_Hardon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So, to make a terribly long story short (I'm dead tired right now), this absolutely amazing brunette and I hit it off like mad at a charity function Sunday night. After about 2 houtrs of convos we got around to our ages. We each looked 29 to each other before this. Then I told her I was 23...and she tells me she's 37.
You know...this doesn't really faze me (nor her), and the fun flirting times continued. We're going out again sometime in the coming week as well.

But that 14-year age gap...does anyone have anything they can relate regarding something like that? I've been pretty out of the game for a year now, and this girl seems f'n killer. I'd hate to pass up something due to an arbitary human invention such as the calendar year, but still...I'm young. Feedback anyone?

Thanks. :smile:

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I actually do. I dated a guy for about three weeks who is 15 years my senior. I'm 24, he's 39. I don't really have any feedback, other than just be yourself. If she likes you for you, then who cares? You're right... calendar years are pointless... it's all about what's in your head and your heart. Granted, this gentleman and I only dated for three weeks, but it was an amazing three weeks, and we got along really well. Our breakup was due to something unrelated to our age or our relationship.

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
We're all old souls, aren't we?

Having said that, age can matter but mostly in light of you place or station in life. Are you still in college while she's in the world of work? Does she have kids, a large family while you're an only child? Those kinds of things seem important to me, alongside the chemistry two people share. If you feel you're compatible in most other ways (hardly anyone feels 100% compatible) then it's worth a shot, isn't it? :)

All depends what you're after, man....

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Woman, bro, she's a woman. Enjoy the relationship for what it's worth. It seems you two really enjoy each other, so let the good times roll. Only other thing I can add is that you shouldn't let her age intimidate you. Be proud of who you are and what you bring to the relationship, and let the rest just fall by the wayside. I don't know how long you two will last judging by this initial success, but you should just have fun with this.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dude, let me chime in with Meg, Dee and DudePiston, go for it. She's attracted to you, you're attracted to her, so why should you let a calendar between you two? I have had some great sexual relationships with guys around your age, and as long as there are no third parties involved, I can recommend it. Just don't try to go for something deeper, unless you two are an exceptionally well-tuned match who shares a majority of intrerests outside the bedroom, you should restrict yourself to having some fun together.

Thumbs up, boy - here you go!:biggrin1:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with the others. Enjoy for now. If you are compatible, a relationship will grow from it. If not, you haven't really lost anything, and you have gained experience.

Just don't try to force a relationship over existing circumstances. If something long-term develops, let it. Don't try to force it. Oh, and don't listen to the nay-sayers (and there will be some).

Your age, and hers, and any other person's, is just a yardstick. A measuring device. But all measuring devices are relative to something, not important in and of themselves.

Fredneck1951

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you think she's interesting and she thinks you're interesting, go for it.

My wife is 9 years older than I am and we've been together 32 years. I was 23 and she was 32 when we met.

Not to say you need to think in those terms! Live for today, my friend!

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fred !!

When hubby and I got married in 1985, he was 24 and I was 32.
Our 22nd anniv. is this May.:smile:

I say a 14 year difference is not a big deal.

But I will say I'd draw the line around a 16 year difference if we're talking the guy being younger.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is an active thread going already 'would you play around with someone 35 years your senior' in this catagory. Many people have just expressed themselves on this same topic.

GBF64

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The last long term relationship I was in ended three years ago, and only lasted for 10 months. This was with a woman 18 years my senior. I was 40 at the time, she was 58.
Stupid me, I thought I could teach an old dog new tricks. We got along well on many different levels. But when it came to sex, forget about it. It just did'nt work for me. She was a truly bitter divorced woman, and her idea of sexual activity was very victorian and lame. I won't go into details, but sexually, I could have more fun with just my self and a bar of chocolate.
I think a ten year age difference may be okay. More than that, and you may find yourself very unhappy if you don't click on muti-levels including sex.

lightninggirl

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
when i was separated, i regularly dated guys who were 10 years younger than i was. the youngest was 12 years younger than i was.

i'm going to say "go for it," but be careful. i'm not speaking for all women, but at that age we generally know what we want! when i was separated, i just was looking for a casual sexual relationship. but she may be looking for something very serious, like marriage and kids. are you ready for that yet?

you didn't give us any info on if she was divorced or had kids, so i would consider those things (especially the children) before pursuing something with her.

on the upside, at 37, we generally know how to make sex FUN! so take that big cock and enjoy her! :)

D_Rock_Hardon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You're right, other mitigating information would be appropriate here. Thanks. :)

She does not have children and - I'm trying to figure out how to respectfully flesh my way around the subject - seems to be seperated, though not divorced. Yeah...that kinda gets me a bit. Until I know more I obviously can't make any kind of judgement call on the situation. I mean, the whole thing is barely 60 hours old now. Gotta be patient! ;-)

Sexuality (while I get this unmistakable vibe that we would click perfectly there), hasn't really come up save for the occasional innuendo remark. Her wit and intelligence are what get me. She seems a wise soul who's been tossed about in the sea of life for a bit now. I tend to be a sucker for lost causes, so I'm doing what I can to be careful here this time. I don't know.

If something develops or not, I'm confidant that I at least have a new friend. If she happens to be smokin' hot, playfully coy, simple and kind...well then those are just added benefits, right? ;-)

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Rock, the nice thing about dating someone older than you is that they have more experience. Go for it, have a good time and learn some new tricks :)

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Go for it, every couple has their own problems to deal with and age doesn't have to be thought of as a deal breaker. As I view it people are either kids or grown ups (some people never get to be grown up) and if you're both grown up age really doesn't matter that much. It might not last but if you only went into relationships that you thought would last forever you'd find yourself stuck in the house a lot of the time :)

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
<.>
i'm going to say "go for it," but be careful. i'm not speaking for all women, but at that age we generally know what we want! when i was separated, i just was looking for a casual sexual relationship. but she may be looking for something very serious, like marriage and kids. are you ready for that yet?
<.>

Possible, but not very probable. It's much more probable that she's just looking for some fun, like you were, and that a longer relationship, marriage and kids is something she'd have to get tuned for again. It's possible that she's so fed up with guys she would only want one on her own terms for now, but might get in the mood for one when she's deeper into her new relationship.

B_hungnate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey man it's cool. I'm 23 (24 in a few days) and I've had a few flings with older women. Nothing too serious but I just love sexy older women in their 30s and early 40s. I think more of them know what they like too :cool: . Good job man and rock out. :headbang:

So, to make a terribly long story short (I'm dead tired right now), this absolutely amazing brunette and I hit it off like mad at a charity function Sunday night. After about 2 houtrs of convos we got around to our ages. We each looked 29 to each other before this. Then I told her I was 23...and she tells me she's 37.
You know...this doesn't really faze me (nor her), and the fun flirting times continued. We're going out again sometime in the coming week as well.

But that 14-year age gap...does anyone have anything they can relate regarding something like that? I've been pretty out of the game for a year now, and this girl seems f'n killer. I'd hate to pass up something due to an arbitary human invention such as the calendar year, but still...I'm young. Feedback anyone?

Thanks. :smile:

Pryvate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well... when i was 21... i sleep with a woman... and she was 54... not kidding at all people! so difficult to... you know... :p