15-Minute Rule

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
Women, I've read, will have made up their mind within 15 minutes (or some ridiculously small amount of time) whether or not they will ever have sex with you.

True or not true?

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
Yes, an in-person meeting for the first time. :redface:

Though 'online meeting' is a similarly interesting angle.

Last edited:

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
Not like it's a conscious decision, but I definitely don't spend my first 15 minutes after meeting a man by judging whether or not I'd "do" him. Maybe there's some truth in deciding whether or not she's attracted to him?

Please don't tell me there are instances of women meeting men online and within 15 minutes of "chatting" with them, have decided they want to have sex with them :p

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Women, I've read, will have made up their mind within 15 minutes (or some ridiculously small amount of time) whether or not they will ever have sex with you.

True or not true?
True, with qualifiers. :biggrin1: Assuming we meet in person in a casual rather than professional setting, then yes.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I think very often in my life I will have decided in the first 15 mins of meeting a guy that I definitively would not have sex with him if the opportunity arose :)rolleyes: forgive...) - and I can't recall that decision ever being reversed. But deciding within 15 that I definitely would? No. That's not my personal experience of a default - It happens, but isn't the norm for me.

Nala

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
True. In my experience the first sort out is made within the first 15 minutes. It's almost always a 'no', but some guys get a clear 'yes' right from the start.

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
True, with qualifiers. :biggrin1: Assuming we meet in person in a casual rather than professional setting, then yes.
Interesting. So you separate casual and professional encounters? That is, you're reactions are entirely "objective" when you are meeting in a professional capacity? No thoughts of attraction or a 'personal' nature enter your mind?

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think they'll decide the "definate no" and the "definate yes" within 15 minutes.
i believe that there is a percentage of "maybe" that could happen over a matter of months.

(and yes, i do have prior experience with women)

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
I think very often in my life I will have decided in the first 15 mins of meeting a guy that I definitively would not have sex with him if the opportunity arose :)rolleyes: forgive...) - and I can't recall that decision ever being reversed. But deciding within 15 that I definitely would? No. That's not my personal experience of a default - It happens, but isn't the norm for me.
True. In my experience the first sort out is made within the first 15 minutes. It's almost always a 'no'...
Fascinating. This has been my experience as well. That is, other women I've spoken with have said that they knew it would never happen right away and there was NOTHING the guy could do to change that. [ie. me] But this...

...some guys get a clear 'yes' right from the start.
...is a rather unique response. Would you care to elaborate a bit? How did you "know"? Was it purely physical? Did they 'wow' you in some other way? Please share as you feel comfortable with.

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
Not like it's a conscious decision, but I definitely don't spend my first 15 minutes after meeting a man by judging whether or not I'd "do" him.
I'm sorry, that's not how I meant it. It's not purely a "do him or not" dichotomy; well kinda, but certainly the possibility of sex is a requisite for a long-term relationship. And yes, I understand the value of a woman's [platonic] friendship - BELIEVE me - I'm just struggling to understand the other sex's sexual behaviour.

Any insight as to why the evaluation is so 'hasty' (in my estimation) and
(apparently) permanent?

Neziegh

Just Browsing
Media
I don't see what's strange. Men usually take 2 seconds to decide if they would fuck a girl or not (well, that's an easy one). Liking someone, however, is a different thing for both gender, i suppose (and hope).

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
As long as 15 minutes? Good grief! I think it takes the average man about 15 seconds, lol.
I don't see what's strange. Men usually take 2 seconds to decide if they would fuck a girl or not (well, that's an easy one). Liking someone, however, is a different thing for both gender, i suppose (and hope).
I do believe it was shorter than 15min - something very, very brief (3min perhaps?).

I can only speak for myself but my 'evaluation' is an ongoing process!! Many 'instant no's' became 'instant yes's' after reversing (sometimes many) initial impressions, but I've found that women are much more reluctant to let go of that first, resolute rejection. Or, maybe it's just me.

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can tell you one thing, I could look at a girl and in less than a minute tell you if I wanted to fuck her due to her looks.

However, it could take me months to tell you if I really wanted to fuck her considering her personality.

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

I dnt think this is necessarilly true because I have had friends who have ended

up with guys that they didn't know they fancied that much at first...but just grew on them.

I am VERY decisive when it comes to sexual attraction and for me its normally instant! People say its rare but I can pretty much sense straight away based on a look echanged and eye contact whether I've got chemistry with someone or not.

If there is not lots of tension there I'm not interested. I always seem to know who I like straight away....but it's not the same for all women.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
true. my attraction to women has always been mapped out in less than 5 minutes. if i changed my mind later on usually alcohol or an attack of the super horny is to blame.

for the first 23 years guys were an automatic 'nope so not sleeping with you'. now i can say attractions are instant and need to be held in check.

the longer i know a guy/girl the less chance i have of sleeping with him/her. the friend zone effect.

ML

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think a lot of this effect is because women want the guy to like them immediately. If a woman likes a man and he doesn't show interest back immediately then she no longer likes him. She'll chalk this up to a "lack of chemistry." Women don't want to have to win over a guy.

I think it goes both ways. People are more attracted to someone that shows interest in them. Some men have learned this, so they always pretend to like every girl they meet a lot just to get her interested.

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
I'm sorry, that's not how I meant it. It's not purely a "do him or not" dichotomy; well kinda, but certainly the possibility of sex is a requisite for a long-term relationship. And yes, I understand the value of a woman's [platonic] friendship - BELIEVE me - I'm just struggling to understand the other sex's sexual behaviour.

Any insight as to why the evaluation is so 'hasty' (in my estimation) and
(apparently) permanent?

Ahhh I see what you're asking now, and I'll admit that I go with my first impressions of a man most of the time - I've gone against them before, and it didn't turn out "favourably" lol.

I think that men and women both make hasty decisions on whether or not they want to pursue someone - the sexual attraction is decided just as quickly as the platonic attraction, I'd say.

Except where intoxication plays a major role.