15-Minute Rule

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think a lot of this effect is because women want the guy to like them immediately. If a woman likes a man and he doesn't show interest back immediately then she no longer likes him. She'll chalk this up to a "lack of chemistry." Women don't want to have to win over a guy.

I think it goes both ways. People are more attracted to someone that shows interest in them. Some men have learned this, so they always pretend to like every girl they meet a lot just to get her interested.

I knew it! THey were all just pretending! :biggrin1:

- - - - - -

For me, it's a case by case scenario.

Sometimes it takes about 1 minute. Sometimes 10 - 15. Sometimes it's years later.

I know within seconds if a guy is physically attractive. When they start talking, that's the main kicker.

Caveat is, other than my s/o and one or two FBs, I don't usually have sex with men I know. :rolleyes:

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
Man, we are brutal. I guess we really DO judge a book by it's cover? Or, as Oscar Wilde once said, "Only shallow people don't judge by appearances."

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have asked a very similar question of at least 200 women. The time frame for determining whether a guy is fuckable is less than 2 minutes surely and closer to 30 seconds. Argue against this till you are blue in the face but i have asked this so many times and i can count on 10 fingers if I stretch it women who need longer but its about 30 secs. .>a couple minutes.

Read this carefully, I did not say they would get fucked only that you are fuckable.

Nala

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
But this...
...is a rather unique response. Would you care to elaborate a bit? How did you "know"? Was it purely physical? Did they 'wow' you in some other way? Please share as you feel comfortable with.

I never really wondered why, it just happens. :smile:

It's intuitive, not a rational decision, that's all I know.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess that would depend upon the woman ? I've had a few situations where later on down the road, it worked out for me. Guess it was my turn and to my knowledge when I met or had a longer term exposure to the woman, she wasn't promiscuous with someone else in my immediate view, or maybe I just didn't notice ?

In those situations, I was tempted to ask, but curiousity might've killed the moment ? Besides how would anyone approach that question without it becoming an awkward moment ?

MagicJohnsonFan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I think very often in my life I will have decided in the first 15 mins of meeting a guy that I definitively would not have sex with him if the opportunity arose :)rolleyes: forgive...) - and I can't recall that decision ever being reversed. But deciding within 15 that I definitely would? No. That's not my personal experience of a default - It happens, but isn't the norm for me.

Same here.

bigdog83

Sexy Member
Media
I think a lot of this effect is because women want the guy to like them immediately. If a woman likes a man and he doesn't show interest back immediately then she no longer likes him. She'll chalk this up to a "lack of chemistry." Women don't want to have to win over a guy.

I think it goes both ways. People are more attracted to someone that shows interest in them. Some men have learned this, so they always pretend to like every girl they meet a lot just to get her interested.
i dont belive this one bit........i think its the other way around. show interest in a women, great she won you, game over........dont, and sparks start flying in her head.........

as for ot, i think women will reject you in the first 15mins.......but if she decides to keep you around and sexual tension hasnt been built yet, i think it is still possible to build sexual tension.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think very often in my life I will have decided in the first 15 mins of meeting a guy that I definitively would not have sex with him if the opportunity arose :)rolleyes: forgive...) - and I can't recall that decision ever being reversed. But deciding within 15 that I definitely would? No. That's not my personal experience of a default - It happens, but isn't the norm for me.

This is my experience too.