15 things you never knew about a penis...

D_Cowboy Coitus

Just Browsing
Media
I completely agree and have said this on other posts. Men think women come longer when as Shooter says they just comparing the length of time we ejaculate rather than adding in that aswesome feeling when you can feel ur cock on edge and ur orgasm starts before u ejaculate :) I would also venture that men cum harder than women. Why - the force needed to ejaculate and the fact that we need a refractory period and women dont. true this goes against the Kinsey research - but there is a reason why most (but not all guys by any means) need a short break, even if I'd also venture that men cum more than women on average.
Those of you whose "personal experience" disagrees with the research were obviously not part of the research group and/or never learned how to seperate your orgasm from your ejaculation. If your reaction to this is "WTF?" you proved my point. Most men think there is no difference and equate orgasm with ejaculation when in fact, ejaculation is a continuation of the orgasm that begins before it. Usually, men who practice edging know the difference.
Oh, there is one more great possibility, many men don't realize their wives, gf's, or lovers many times fake orgasm. I am sure that Men's Health has done many articles about women faking orgasm so you can check it out.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not sure about the average man vs. the average woman, but my wife definitely cums harder than I do. I've never passed out from an orgasm, but she has several times.

Regarding the refractory period; Women have refractory periods with their clits, not with their g-spots.

D

deleted356736

I have to disagree with you on a personal experience level. I have strong orgasms but they last nowhere near as long as those of my wife. When she is in the throes of orgasm is the only time I might wish to be female. I think #4 is correct.

This is anecdotal based on a count of one. My anecdotal experience is that I have had sex with more than 100 women, and the overwhelming majority orgasmed for a few to several seconds each time. A few orgasmed up to 20 seconds, and one had a one-minute plus orgasm (I felt her contractions with my finger inside), which followed more than 20 minutes of combined oral sex and g-spot stimulation.

My experience is the longer I ride the plateau and the longer I edge closer and closer, the longer-lasting and more powerful my orgasm is. This may be the reason why Kinsey reported the difference, because men used to take two or three minutes to come, and now we take much longer and have better control of our arousal.

This lines up with the girl who had the one-minute plus orgasm (complete with ejaculation). It took her a long time to come, and this was after we had intercourse so she had a lot of arousal before I even went down on her.

Madison_Thick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"German researchers say the average intercourse lasts 2 minutes, 50 seconds, yet women perceive it as lasting 5 minutes, 30 seconds. "

2 minutes? 5 minutes? That is just a damn shame. I've been with plenty of women who would say that 15-20 minutes is way too short of a time.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
I completely agree and have said this on other posts. Men think women come longer when as Shooter says they just comparing the length of time we ejaculate rather than adding in that aswesome feeling when you can feel ur cock on edge and ur orgasm starts before u ejaculate :) I would also venture that men cum harder than women. Why - the force needed to ejaculate and the fact that we need a refractory period and women dont. true this goes against the Kinsey research - but there is a reason why most (but not all guys by any means) need a short break, even if I'd also venture that men cum more than women on average.

In addition to the fact that many men equate an orgasm with an ejaculation and don't know that what they feel just prior to spurting is their orgasm, the way a man and woman reach orgasm can contribute to the reporting discrepencies as seen online and in mags such as MH.

Obviously you can't form generalizations about any of this stuff because, for example, an orgasm from a quicky won't be the same as one from a steady hour of love-making nor will a masturbatory orgasm be the same as an intercourse or blow job orgasm. But typically, a woman reaches orgasm gradually with a gradual increase in intensity whereas a man reaches orgasm quickly (again, not if he concentrates on edging) and his orgasm is more sharp and forceful. Men whose PC muscle is in tip top shape report sharp "pumping" contractions, the duration of which can be at least as long as the ejaculation contractions thereby doubling the number of contractions and time of orgasm duration. That is why if you want a stronger orgasm you have to work your PC all the time.

The defination of "edging" itself is also problematic because the way you know you have truly reached the edge is when your orgasm contractions begin. To stop at just the heightened state of arousal or when you feel the first "tingling" before contractions begin is really not edging (except for the beginner because he has to start somewhere while getting to know his body's reactions). The best visual example when edging is when you actually get a few spurts or semen "leaks" out with the first orgasmic contractions but you are still good to go a while (or a lot) longer before your full-on ejaculation.

Sadly, guys get conditioned early-on to jack off or quickly ejaculate. This becomes a life-long habit and it is real difficult to go back and pay attention to what is happening in your body.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Actually I think they are truthful...but add the humor to lighten the content a lil'. Also, you have to take into account this is an average...all studies aren't 100%

Exactly. That is why the good ones have "Standard Deviation" and report how many don't meet the average as well as those who exceed the average. Don't you just love science? :biggrin1:

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
This is anecdotal based on a count of one. My anecdotal experience is that I have had sex with more than 100 women, and the overwhelming majority orgasmed for a few to several seconds each time. A few orgasmed up to 20 seconds, and one had a one-minute plus orgasm (I felt her contractions with my finger inside), which followed more than 20 minutes of combined oral sex and g-spot stimulation.

My experience is the longer I ride the plateau and the longer I edge closer and closer, the longer-lasting and more powerful my orgasm is. This may be the reason why Kinsey reported the difference, because men used to take two or three minutes to come, and now we take much longer and have better control of our arousal.

This lines up with the girl who had the one-minute plus orgasm (complete with ejaculation). It took her a long time to come, and this was after we had intercourse so she had a lot of arousal before I even went down on her.

A great example of what I said above in my post to biladx.