15 year old gets murdered in hate crime.

vinny_spiruccino

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I got an e-mail about this when it first happened, and I agree - it's terribly sad for both the victim and the kid who shot him. I know it's been said that it was premeditated, but it was premeditated by a child who will most definitely regret it for the rest of his life. Very sad. As for the gun argument - it might as well have been done with a rope, because this was a lynching IMHO.

Being an out gay kid is tough enough, but from what I understand the victim's gender expression had more to do with it than being gay. Keep in mind that m2f transgendered people may be gay men anatomically, but they're straight women psychologically and that's how they live their lives. Not that I'm any authority on the matter, just my 2 cents...

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
It's America's fault anyway. Fast food, violent films, lack of parenting, easily accesible guns and so forth make everyone it's everyones fault that both kids lost their lives. It's something that everyone needs to get involved in and sort out the problem.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I get that, but my question is... why is he like that? Who made him that way? Most likely his family and his environment. So to me, he is a victim in that sense. He's that way because through a combination of beliefs and values that he was given as a child, he was created that way. His brain isn't fully developed. He doesn't have the mental ability to perceive the consequences of his actions.
Pfft! You're being all compassionate like. Keep dripping that stuff and I'm liable to catch it. Eww.

He didn't fully percieve the consequences? He fully percieved that putting a bullet through the boy's brain would end his life. Isn't that the salient consequence here?

Gosh, maybe if he'd been more aware that prison wasn't very fun then he wouldn't have shot the other kid in the head? Is it really the fear of losing our Wii game console that prevents us from slaughtering those who get on our nerves?
Sure, he probably figured he'd go to jail or whatever, but he doesn't fully understand what that means. He doesn't "get it"... and he won't "get it" until he's in jail. That's sad to me.
It's not at all sad to me that he won't "get" what jail really means until he gets there. My hope is that he's pretty enough to "get it" plenty. Maybe he'll develop a new understanding once he's walked a mile in someone else's 'expensive boots'.

I know it's been said that it was premeditated, but it was premeditated by a child who will most definitely regret it for the rest of his life. Very sad.
As well he should. But will he at all I wonder?

I've read a few articles where a killer says if they knew how hard prison was going to be they wouldn't have killed. My heart fails to bleed. They are still thinking of themselves! They regret being convicted not the killing.

How about, "If I'd known the trauma this would have caused the victims family", or, "If I'd have understood the life I snuffed was a precious gift"?

If he does ever regret the act and not just the consequence to himself it's perfectly fitting that he carry it with him the rest of his life. Is there a point when he should not regret it?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This is sad sad sad. But somehow, I fear, the defense will be even sadder.

Before this is all said and done, the defense will try to make a sad mockery of the boy who was killed, the clothes he wore, and the way he expressed himself...wait and see.

As to the whole second amendment thing: the kid who did the killing obviously knew that a gun was in the house, where it was kept and where the bullets were. I see this as neglectful gun ownership on the part of his parents. On one level or another, they were a huge part of the problem.

Whether or not they taught the kind of hateful intolerance that resulted in their son's having committed an obviously premeditated murder, they deserve to be investigated for the criminal neglect they showed in storing their handgun.

Perhaps the only way to better regulate the ownership of firearms (short of eliminating the availability of ammunition), is to bring such investigations to bear. Obviously, something is very wrong here.