$174,000 = GOP Duffy Poor!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midlifebear, Mar 31, 2011.

1. midlifebear

Gold Member

As I'm fond of quoting the teenage girls still looking for the West Valley City Mall in Salt Lake Valley (they've torn it down girls!), "Oh . . . my . . . Heck!"

GOP Representative Duffy cannot live on $174,000 dollars a year. Shall we pass the hat and collect him some grickles?

See: YouTube - GOP Sean Duffy (Polk County) struggles on $174,000

#1 midlifebear, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Life must be SO hard for someone who not only makes more than three times the average working man's salary, but supports the passage of legislation that takes away essential infrastructure from those underneath him. Maybe if they took their own advice and lived within their means, he wouldn't have to struggle so hard.

3. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    hes saying that he only gets one paycheck a year and he hasnt been paid yet.

edit: actually, he said he got one paycheck, so assuming he gets paid monthly, thats $14500. yeah, screw him.

#3 1kmb1, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  4. houtx48

Gold Member

If he get his dick snipped he would have so many kids he have more money. Even if that is his only source of income, which I doubt, that is still more than 10k+ a month after taxes to live on, so boo fucking hoo.

5. midlifebear

Gold Member

Yup, those GOP tools dancing to the tune of It´s My Tea Party and I´ll Cry if I Want To are a major clot of losers. Who was the new GOP Rep or Senator who said he hadn´t been paid since being elected and couldn´t wait until the end of January, 2001?

I´m just guessing, but I suspect the average weekly paycheck of those LPSGers who are lucky to have jobs is between $250 and $500 -- and closer to $250. I feel so secure and protected now the GOP controls the House.

6. phillyhangin

phillyhangin New Member

Albums:
    No, I go a step further: Members of Congress should be required to work for the federal minimum wage, pay their own rent and utilities, pay their own benefits, AND they should be required to be a one-income family (with no support from relatives and no access to their accumlated bank accounts) for the duration of their service. Maybe then they'd see the actual real-life consequences of their legislative actions.

7. parr

parr New Member

Not to mention he should learn the value of a dollar. What a crybaby.

8. phillyhangin

phillyhangin New Member

Albums:
    Exactly. I'd take people like him a lot more seriously if they'd lead by example. (That goes for people on both sides of the political spectrum.) When your salary is many times the national average plus you get a whole raft of freebies paid for by taxpayers, you have absolutely no room to complain - especially after you yammer on incessantly about cutting costs. I just hope his constituents realize the kind of person they've elected and send him packing at the earliest possible opportunity. (Not holding my breath, though.)

9. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
  10. midlifebear

Gold Member

He was on a reality TV show?! Brit knee Spears will be the GOP's next VP running mate, no doubt.

Sorry, but the guy is lacking intelligence and definitely class. "OK, now that I'm in the House I need to vote myself a raise!" What protects such fools from being weeded out by fast-moving city buses and drunken cab drivers?

Draft saved Draft deleted