1950's household fetish

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by dolfette, May 18, 2011.

1. dolfette

Gold Member

pervert sites tell me that 1950's household is a popular fetish these days.
    pretty dresses on housewives, dinner on the table when he gets home, pipe & slippers dearest? spank her if she nags too much!
    1950s Household - Milovana Urge
    i have an old copy of 'the book of the housewife' which gives almost that exact advice.
    and then there's the style...

http://www.retroradar.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/redcarpinup.jpg

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/dec2008/0/1/2B251FD7-B3E6-6309-CE210C0058981BF5.jpg

http://threedameswithaclue.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/1950s-pin-up-girl.jpg

2. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

I remember the first time I read this. A coworker of mine brought it into work and I thought it was a joke. That is, until she told me that this was included in her mother's Home Economics book in high school. I'm an at-home mom and if my husband came home to my acting this way he'd want to know who I was and where I put his wife. He's not into the subservient type so I think he would have been out of place in the 50's.

3. Intrigue

Intrigue New Member

Albums:
    i think I'm old fashioned but that takes it a bit far. If i come home and its quiet I'm scared lol. I like having a meal made for me, only because my cooking is less graceful than hers; I'm more of a grill man myself. But this fetish seems to favor putting a woman into some sort of forced act. That is creepy. If the house is nuts let it be nuts! I do think some of the dresses are pretty and would def compliment my wife but other than a passing fancy? Nah.

I wonder what type of person is into this sort of thing. Seems to be a form of indentured servitude lol. Like the guy is god or some ridiculous notion. My mother used to make sure dinner was ready for my pops but if it wasn't nobbig deal. Her way of showing him she cared i guess. The way to a man, atleast in my family, is through his stomach. I'm a sucker for a good cook.

4. Intrigue

Intrigue New Member

Albums:
    Ok, got a chance to check out those pics. I think I have a thing for pinups. Those were sexy as hell. Is that sexist? Last time I saw a pinup It was at work and that caused a huuuge stink. So i thought somehow those pictures upset women that and the fact it was posted in a place of work which was inappropriate

5. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

A one off role play - well, I'm not really into role play so no - but for those who are I can't see the harm in a spot of this kind of role play - but to make a lifestyle of it? Fuck right off.

6. MickeyLee

Gold Member

ya take away the kids bit. exchange wife for boy. add cigar lighting.... and you get the happiest years of my life.

i fripping adored being in service to my Daddy. knowing i met his expectations got me giddy and was the focus of most things i did. i always had laundry done, errands ran, dinner made, and kept him updated about what he needed to attend to.

the arrangement wasn't indentured servitude, was more of a Mentor arrangement. there were responsibilities and obligations for both of us. my job was to learn, his was to teach. never got a sense of ownership, just a sense of being protected and guided.

the 50s house wife thing has no appeal to me. i suppose it's all context. :shrug:

7. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I love the retroradar picture with the lady on the car.

That's the only thing positive I can contribute.

8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I may have missed some vital previous post here but... you were a boy? :confused:

9. Intrigue

Intrigue New Member

Albums:

That bit has me more than a little confuzzled.

10. dolfette

Gold Member

i LOVE pinups!
    but, at work, for the boys to ogle...kinda crass.
    ogling erotica should be done in your own time.
    it shouldn't be foisted on everyone else.

11. MickeyLee

Gold Member

butch-boy, masculine identified female.

we just agreed to ignore the whole biologically female part. leather men have always been pretty accepting of the bio-fem-boys, bears have adopted us as mowglies. as long as we don't expect special treatment or use gender as a crutch.

i spent from about umm 15-19 living and iding as a butch-boy. from about 3-12 i was a tomboy. and umm 12-14 a rowdy boy.

is gender queering, sorry about the confusion :redface:

eta: is sometimes spelled "boi" i frickin hate the alternate vowel, i was/am boy. i worked hard at being a boy. don't diss me with ya "i"

from the intorwebz - A butch lesbian bottom/submissive that has earned the status as boi. To be called a boi is an honor in the BDSM world. A boi is very butch in a young type way. All bois are NOT young. They just carry themselves that way.

#11 MickeyLee, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  12. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Thanks for that, ML - I guessed you meant it that way but prefer to seek clarity.

13. MickeyLee

Gold Member

totally reasonable to ask, Ms. Manly. not a lot of boys on the ground around here.. and even fewer with boobs :tongue1:

14. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Boobehs!! You wanna try being a piggeh!! Squeee! SQUEEEE!

( . ) ( . )
    ( . ) ( . )
    ( . ) ( . )
    ( . ) ( . )
    ( . ) ( . )

15. MickeyLee

Gold Member

soo many boobehs!!!

oink, oink, snurffle, snurffle, oink... pig life is the good life.

16. dolfette

Gold Member

gender benders are hawt.

17. HappyBoi

Gold Member

Albums:

Okey.. okey.. phew.. I haven't read through the whole text, nor the thread, but.. omg.. this was so funny! xD I mean.. HAHAHAHAHAHA. <3 I love how language grows and words change meaning.. making this sentence just so hilarious. ESPECIALLY since it's about a 'very' straight thing as this.. :biggrin1:

:laughing:

18. Intrigue

Intrigue New Member

Albums:
    Lol! Call me a piglet then! I lurve me some boobehs. :)
    And thanks for clearing that up Mickey. I'm not the most well versed in the LGBT community so I needz edjamacatin from time to time.

19. Intrigue

Intrigue New Member

Albums:
    I never understood how a word that meant happy could turn into a slur, then into a sexual identifier. It bogles.

20. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    "Gay" meant "sexually available" in 17th century London. In Victorian novels it was always used in an ambiguous way; if they meant "happy" they said "happy".

I'm not sure when it became a homosexual identifier, probably around the late 19th century when the concept of homosexuality was invented.

I'm only aware of it being used as a slur relatively recently.

Draft saved Draft deleted