1950's household fetish

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Gay" meant "sexually available" in 17th century London. In Victorian novels it was always used in an ambiguous way; if they meant "happy" they said "happy".

I'm not sure when it became a homosexual identifier, probably around the late 19th century when the concept of homosexuality was invented.

I'm only aware of it being used as a slur relatively recently.

Thanks for the info! I always thought it just mean happy in a frolicking manner from the early 1900 or something along those lines.

D_DanLather

Account Disabled
Media
I love the pinup girl art, my grandfather had calendars in his shop from the 1940's and 1950's and that was our exposure to women when we were very young boys, of course grandpa had them up where we could not get to them, but my admiration for pin up girls has always stayed, I find them much more stimulating than bare skin photos or drawings, its the alluring part of the picture showing a little bit more skin than should be, or an undergarment you didn't realize they wore, it makes the imagination run wild....

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
butch-boy, masculine identified female.

we just agreed to ignore the whole biologically female part. leather men have always been pretty accepting of the bio-fem-boys, bears have adopted us as mowglies. as long as we don't expect special treatment or use gender as a crutch.

i spent from about umm 15-19 living and iding as a butch-boy. from about 3-12 i was a tomboy. and umm 12-14 a rowdy boy.

is gender queering, sorry about the confusion :redface:

eta: is sometimes spelled "boi" i frickin hate the alternate vowel, i was/am boy. i worked hard at being a boy. don't diss me with ya "i"

from the intorwebz - A butch lesbian bottom/submissive that has earned the status as boi. To be called a boi is an honor in the BDSM world. A boi is very butch in a young type way. All bois are NOT young. They just carry themselves that way.

And you think that cleared it up??!!

I'm think I'm just too old....

I personally live a reversed 1950s household. my husband cooks , cleans and brings me my slippers and wine when I get home where I work all day bringing home the bacon and discipline him when he is in need of it.

I am very surprised that it is not online as a fetish and laugh when i read how submissive some ladies are in this fetish

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I personally live a reversed 1950s household. my husband cooks , cleans and brings me my slippers and wine when I get home where I work all day bringing home the bacon and discipline him when he is in need of it.

I am very surprised that it is not online as a fetish and laugh when i read how submissive some ladies are in this fetish

Why are you laughing at someone else's fetish?
Reverse household is a fetish, if not on LPSG, then definitely on other websites like Fetlife. So good for you and your fetish, but you definitely don't need to knock other people for enjoying what they enjoy.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Raaaaawwwrrr!! A dinosaur thread.

anyway since you brought it up, I think it's kind of cool but I'd have to be 100% in. I couldn't just play the role of the happy housewife with my current life. I'd need to live in a little Mayberry community, have a sprawling ranch style house and a handsome husband with a great job. I wouldn't want to worry about anything. He would have to service my car, do all repairs around the house, do all of the finances. Only then could I cook, clean, and wear frilly dresses. Since that kind of scenario is not possible in todays' society it would just end up be being the house bitch and taking care of everyone but myself and frankly.. fuck that!!

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If he would want me to be a 50s housewife, then the only pearl necklace I would wear would be a cultured 16 inch 9mm strand. He could forget everything else.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

You laugh at them? For not being Dom?? Ok, great job having an open mind.

Last edited:
D

deleted848353

I think someones not a very good Domme/Mistress if she laughs at submissive women.

Oh, well... we can't all adhere to the one twue way of doing BDSM :rolleyes:

chrysler fanatic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In its historical context, this is how middle class ladies "competed" with each other. The post describes exactly how my mom's mother was. It also describe the opposite of my dad's mother. Both housewives of the 1950s.