1950's household fetish

somebody151

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know. I like my women to be able to express her desires and I would get weirded out by it.

I grew up in a fairly progressive household. My dad would do almost all the cooking while the cleaning was a combination of my Mom, my brother, my sister, and myself. At extended family gatherings my mom's side of the family it seems like is still stuck in that time warp while my dad's side of the family puts me, my cousins and my siblings to work cleaning.

Raaaaawwwrrr!! A dinosaur thread.

anyway since you brought it up, I think it's kind of cool but I'd have to be 100% in. I couldn't just play the role of the happy housewife with my current life. I'd need to live in a little Mayberry community, have a sprawling ranch style house and a handsome husband with a great job. I wouldn't want to worry about anything. He would have to service my car, do all repairs around the house, do all of the finances. Only then could I cook, clean, and wear frilly dresses. Since that kind of scenario is not possible in todays' society it would just end up be being the house bitch and taking care of everyone but myself and frankly.. fuck that!!

I lived that life for 9 years. Then I got tired of hearing constant bitching because I was tired after long weeks of overtime and being gone all the time. She only wanted to have sex 1 time a week and she had an attitude of entitlement. I did not mind paying all of the bills and taking care of the maintenance around the home. I was proud to do that for my family. I just got tired of the thankless attitude and neglect. So I got divorced. Funny we should be talking about all of this right now. Just yesterday I was thinking back to those days. I miss coming home to my daughters.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I suspect since most of us here at LPSG weren't around to witness the 1950s (or 1960s for that matter) we have to rely on classic TV or our relatives memories. Whenever there is a family reunion for us the distant past is always remembered in glowing clouds of nostalgia: grandfather's 1958 Mercury Park Lane was a grand-touring stallion of an automobile and my grandmother dressed formally like Harriet Nelson of Ozzie and Harriet even when she was cleaning the bathroom toilets.

In reality, domestic life was probably not that different as it is today. The 1958 Mercury was an automotive monster half the size of a cruise ship and a maintenance nightmare for grandad and grandmother probably cussed-up a storm at the lack of help around the house from her husband.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Honestly, I find it hard to believe that it's a real fetish. Don't get me wrong, there are probably a lot of women who want the freedom to choose that lifestyle, but I'd be surprised if it's a fetish, as in sexual.

My wife would probably love to stay at home and not work outside the house if we could afford it. That's not to say she'd want to be a homemaker. She'd just like to stay home and not work. :laugh:

I know a fair number of women who are stay-at-homers. But they're not doing housework. They're going to yoga, going to lunch, volunteering, going to the gym, shopping, organizing fundraisers.....