2 Bi guys in a relationship

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Elmo Assburn, Jan 6, 2011.

1. D_Elmo Assburn

D_Elmo Assburn New Member

Hey LPSG! I'm new here and I need some advice.
    I'm a bisexual guy, and I have a boyfriend who is also bi. We've been together for a few months and he is the first boyfriend I've ever had, and I'm the first for him too. (our past relationships have been with chicks)
    Anyways, we decided that we were cool with an "open relationship". So basically, if I'm with a girl one night and things get too far, he would be cool. And vice-versa, as long as those kind of encounters are occasional and we still put each other first. Do you think this open relationship is a good idea? Maybe we can fully commit, because we do love each other... but there will always be that craving for... well, for pussy. Haha. I'm sorry if this post is weird for you guys but I really need advice, thanks

2. hotheadguy

hotheadguy Member

I don't think it's wierd at all. There are plenty of bi guys around, some married, who have a "special relationship" with a close buddy who is also bi, and thus fully understand each other's needs. If either of you were married this would constitute cheating, with almost certainly an element of guilt, but if you're both single it seems to me that you're being very mature in your relationship.

3. B_patrickmcc

B_patrickmcc New Member

While Im truly bi... Ive only had a "feelings" relationship with women. My M.O. has always been that if Im in a relationship, then Im faithful to it, and nothing on the side. i expect that from her too. If its just a hookup, or a fuckbuddy, then no rules.
    thats just me tho. If you are both up to open relationship, then go for it.

4. DatFella

DatFella New Member

Albums:
    Well as long as you both understand each other. I would also suggest keeping open communication about this. And have a discussion about the future, an a family an such. I"ve been in that situation and it was my 1st and it ended in disaster because of what we wanted in the future. I wanted kids and he didn't. Just proceed, and if you can just be swingers an get a girl in on the action, I've done that and its HOT!

5. D_Evita_Zane

D_Evita_Zane New Member

If both of you are fine with it then go for it. Just make sure that you keep everything open between you. Why not have someone join you and your bf?

6. DevonTexas

DevonTexas Well-Known Member

Albums:
    You guys have my fantasy relationship. Just make sure you're open, truthful and friends first.

7. D_Elmo Assburn

D_Elmo Assburn New Member

Thanks for the replies, I definitely agree that we keep things honest and open between us.

Oh and DatFella and Uncut Wonder, he did say that one of his fantasies is watching me fuck my ex gf while he watches haha. So something like that could happen...

8. curiouscam

curiouscam New Member

Albums:
    I agree with what everyone else has said. As long as there is good communication everything could be great. I enjoy men and women but my partner only likes men so I think it's awesome you both double dip. Best of luck :)

9. v32bone

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The key is honest communication and setting some parameters. And parameters DON'T have to be set in stone. It's more about setting emotion parameter and when those get bent some respecting your partner's reactions, feelings and decisions and sticking by them. I have been, over the last 4 years in poly relationship with 3 partners simultaneously who also have other partners. Without trust and communication it would be a nightmare. As it is it a flowing, ever changing, beautiful thing. We all factor in the fact that the amount of love we share is only at risk when we consider our needs beofre everyone elses. Takes the right kind of people and the right kind of commitment and LOTS of communication and negotiation skills. The payoff is sublime.

10. SprkE08

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm in the same boat as patrickmcc. I've had relationships with both guys and girls (never another bi guy, though...that would be fantastic to have someone understand you on that level) but when I'm in a relationship I'm positively faithful. People have open relationships all the time though and as with everyone else, I agree that so long as the communication is wide open between the two of you and the terms are solidly agreed upon, then there's no reason two consenting adults can't be involved in a relationship like this.

Just have fun. :)

11. HappyBoi

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm just curious about one thing.. :p

So you're having an open relationship, and understand communication is key, sounds super. So either of you can have sex with girls if the craving comes. BUT...

...what if you want to/actually do sleep with another man? Is that not allowed? Is the open relationship only for having women? So would sleeping with another man be labeled as cheating?

I just had the thought and found myself curious. :D

12. Billboy

Billboy New Member

Albums:
    :biggrin1:

13. B_willy5904

B_willy5904 New Member

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Home in the States visiti
    My buddy, Todd, and I have been together since college. We were never known as a couple, everyone just knew us as roommates. We started having sex with each other before we lived with each other. We both knew that we would eventually be married to women, start families, raise kids, doing the suburban thing. I can remember having conversations about it as we laid naked together recovering from a good man 2 man fuck session.

Somehow we have manage to put together an incredible life with some wonderful relationships. The women we married love sharing us and having sex with each other. And since Todd and I first got together 27 + years ago we have added 2 other men and their wives to our home.

Yes, from the outside this seems very strange, but for all of us it is just natural. It has worked so well, for so long, because before anything else the 8 of us are all best friends. We have deep relationships built on love and trust, and the great sex just ends up being frosting of the cake.

So whatever you and your partner do, be open and honest with each other. And continually communicate with each other about everything in your lives.

14. EagleCowboy

EagleCowboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I need a relationship like that!!

Draft saved Draft deleted