20/20 Special on Health Care

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dazedandconfused, Sep 15, 2011.

1. dazedandconfused

20/20 Sick in America: Whose Body is it Anyway? (1/6) - YouTube

It is in 6 parts. Very interesting part. Says there is a doctor in the US WHO REFUSES TO ACCEPT INSURANCE. He has numerous patients, mostly uninsured, and his prices are lower than everyone else and still makes about as much money as regular doctor who takes insurance.

Why are the costs of lasik eye surgery and plastic surgery going down why healthcare costs skyrocket? Because they are mostly not covered with insurance so people have to shop around for the best price. And, the whole food market insurance plan makes absolute sense.

Again, this is why Ron Paul is right and just one of the many reasons he is the best republican candidate against Obama in a recent poll.

2. Thedrewbert

Thedrewbert Member

Albums:
    A big point of the ACA was to be the first step at decoupling insurance from employment. Once that occurs, then people will begin to shop around for health care costs.

There needs to be a training of doctors too. I just went through quite a few rounds of expensive heart tests for chest pain when I continually told the doctor that I thought it felt breathing related. Of course all of the heart tests came back normal, but they "just wanted to be sure"

3. B_enzia35

B_enzia35 New Member

John Stossel??

Fuckin' great guy. A REAL investigative journalist.

Draft saved Draft deleted