20 and Facial Hair Falling Out

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by D_54ce56, Feb 16, 2012.

1. D_54ce56

D_54ce56 New Member

Ive never been able to grow anything, but I have whiskers all over my face. About three months ago, I started seeing large amounts of hair coming in finally. Over the past two weeks, it's suddenly all started disappearing as if the terminal hairs are becoming thin and falling out. I'm only 20. I don't have chest hair yet. But I don't have hair loss problems on my head or legs or down below. Any idea what could be causing this? Should I see a doctor? Anyone experience anything similar?

2. FRE

FRE
    Gold Member

Albums:
    "Coinciding with a stressful period, John D. Rockefeller Sr. develops alopecia, a rare condition that results in the loss of all his body hair."

Here is a link to the article from which I copied the above:

American Experience | The Rockefellers | Rockefellers Timeline

He lived to be 97 years old.

So yes, others have experienced something similar, and lived to a ripe old age in spite of it. Even so, I suggest seeing a doctor; no one wants to lose all his hair, even if it is not the result of a dangerous health condition.

3. D_54ce56

D_54ce56 New Member

The thing is that it's ONLY my facial hair. Nothing else at all. In fact, the hair elsewhere seems to be getting thicker.

4. BDS

BDS
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My ex had exactly the same condition in his early twenty's. Right in the middle of his jaw bone, just bigger than a quarter. I do not think there is a lot you can do about it. Look around there are lots of guys with the same thing.

It only bothers you because you are so young. keep your beard shaved close.... and stop thinking about it (after your next visit to the docs)

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I think you should see a doctor and/or a dermatologist to make sure there is not a serious underlying problem.

6. erratic

Gold Member

Yeah, I'd see a doctor. Chances are it's no big deal, but it's just abnormal enough that I'd want to make sure nothing's going on.

7. bigunzippedstudent9

bigunzippedstudent9 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Happened to my roomate in college. Patches of his beard area sed growing in for a while, maybe a year. I think its fine now. Dont worry about it.

8. FRE

FRE
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Probably it is nothing to worry about, but one cannot be totally sure. Also, having it checked by a doctor could enhance piece of mind.

9. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    only thing i have heard on something similar, was a mate of mine way back, was given a course of testosterone shots, and this apparently did wonders for him, in many areas
    suffered lack of growth, be it penis or hair..
    NOT saying anything medical, as wouldnt have a clue............. but he was more than happy with the treatment, he was about 18 at the time i think, caring parents chased it up for him.
    Maybe he had a Dr who had heard, and was prepared to chance this male sex hormone steroid for uses other than....who knows.

Draft saved Draft deleted