20 year old women

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i would do my best to lightly point it out.:wink:
i do not dig drama.
i was the first one that said this is ageism.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ummm. ...for some reason? How many gun barrels of hair-trigger borderline personality disorders do you have to suck on before you taste bitterness? Jeez. Hey, I know, let's blame the poor bastard who slipped on the banana peel, chalked it up to some unkown offender's youthful phase, and shared the moment. It must be his fault.

You're the OP who started bitching about 20 year old girls, live with it.

LaurenceO

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Translation: You're bitter at 20 year old women. So you started a thread to say so.

Who cares? Why slam 20 year olds here? Here's a thought - why not just not date them?

If you don't expect to be called out for sterotyping an entire group, you are very naive for 40 (or however old you are).
Yeah, I started a thread, and you STARTED to read it. At least I can admit where I went wrong with generalizations. But, you didn't read that far, and still apparently are going to keep posting anyway. You're stereotyping an entire thread now.

One can't stereotype an age group one belongs to or belonged to at one time. One can only critique it, generally or specifically.

on a serious note...
if i had an arguement with a gay guy, put it down to his gayness & posted a rant against gays?
or blacks?

that'd be ok by some people's reasoning?
No, that would not be ok, and you know it, and you know that's certainly not what happened here either. But have fun. Anyway, your jokes were great and constructive medicine. Contrary to your own style, I offer that compliment to you with an open hand and no sarcasm.

i would do my best to lightly point it out.:wink:
i do not dig drama.
i was the first one that said this is ageism.
And you were right. Though upon better information, you might also revise or qualify your generalization by calling it "counter-ageism." There's no shame in revising or explaining one's point of view. We're on the planet to learn and grow old...

You're the OP who started bitching about 20 year old girls, live with it.
Yeah, started bitching, and handled the blow back well. Many of us came away with some positive insights and harmonious understandings, across age groups. But you, too, missed that part. Hardly a rant. What Dennis Miller does is rant. I wrote a few sentences. Then people became paranoid for a while. In our age of over-priced health care, illegible scripts, and quick fix prescriptions, apparently a few sentences are all some people need before they stop listening and start prognosticating. The part of my most recent post that you quote is exactly how much you read of it. My advice is that people reserve sweeping judgments in responding to discouraged, over-generalized, touchy subject threads. Yeah, mine. Or shoot first and read threads later. The cognoscenti of any age or gender will likely notice.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The op is voicing a personal preference based on his experience with some 20 year old women, I don't see what's so wrong with that. If every red headed guy I'd ever met had slapped me one I'd dislike red headed guys, the same as if the slapping guy had been a black guy, a Jewish guy, a one eyed guy, it would be a personal preference not based on an irrational dislike but based on personal bad experiences.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Basically he shouldn't have wrote the thread like that. I think the OP regrets it now and has learned from his mistakes. He did say what he did was wrong.

LaurenceO

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
O RLY?

You only "admit(ted) where (you) went wrong with generalizations" AFTER you had been called out for generalizing.
Dude, you really don't like to read, and willfully refuse. I will no longer take the bate. My last effort to help you out here: if you HAD read my reply to Katchanski - you would know that my lack of circumspection and hasty treatment, especially in the unfair title of this thread, did not escape me PREVIOUS to being 'called out.' But, I guess you just need to be right. So, go on. Be right. Start your own righteous thread. You love to be right more than I do, as you'll soon learn from my silence in the face of your blind indictments, generalities, and lack of readership.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:tongue:
You're right. Thanks to experience, it's often better.
:smile: You tell her sister!

*clack clack*
(Banisters loads her 12) Trolls, you say - how interesting.
You can always tell the insipid 20 year old trolls by their DEVO tattoos. :biggrin1: Nothing like a nice big target for my 40 yr. old myopic eyes. :tongue:

thank god all 20 year olds aren't like that, I can't be the only one who's thinking what a jumped up little shite that kid is :)
I quite agree SP.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dude, you really don't like to read, and willfully refuse. I will no longer take the bate. My last effort to help you out here: if you HAD read my reply to Katchanski - you would know that my lack of circumspection and hasty treatment, especially in the unfair title of this thread, did not escape me PREVIOUS to being 'called out.' But, I guess you just need to be right. So, go on. Be right. Start your own righteous thread. You love to be right more than I do, as you'll soon learn from my silence in the face of your blind indictments, generalities, and lack of readership.

Help him out? Who do you think you are? You are sounding more and more bitchy with every new message.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, that would not be ok, and you know it, and you know that's certainly not what happened here either. But have fun. Anyway, your jokes were great and constructive medicine. Contrary to your own style, I offer that compliment to you with an open hand and no sarcasm.
but that certainly is what happened here.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Sounds like the OP is suffering from a severe case of sour grapes, for some reason. Possibly due to an interaction with poster #2, given the instantly heated nature of their interaction here.

O RLY?

You only "admit(ted) where (you) went wrong with generalizations" AFTER you had been called out for generalizing.

The point is that he did retract statements made in his originating post and graciously apologized for any insult made, even though he is entitled to his opinion. Personally, I think it takes a big person to do so, considering that few of us enjoy eating crow. LaurenceO could have let it ride since most of the focus was on mssixsixsix and HER generalization and abuse of everyone that is older than her. Something that SHE has not come forth and extended any type of apology for. In fact, she only popped up later to to issue another post of the same nature. Instead he "manned" up, something I have rarely seen on any forum and I really appreciate.

I could be wrong, rob_just_rob, and if so I apologize, but it sounds as though your first post was made without reading the previous ones, including the apology, and then the flaming was restarted.

Regardless, I don't know of many instances where anyone admits to having done wrong BEFORE they do it. That usually occurs when the rest of begin foaming at the mouth and picking up our pitchforks. :wink:

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well put, wldhoney. I agree with you.

Well said wldhoney, you're looking like you're going to be a great addition to the site :)

Awww, thank you. *blushing here*:redface: I have to say I am really enjoying this site. The variety of subjects and people from different lifestyles is impressive, especially since I am used to ones that generally focus on one main subject. I've already picked up some valuable insights.....and the view is delicious......:biggrin1:

mssixsixsix

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

You can always tell the insipid 20 year old trolls by their DEVO tattoos. :biggrin1: Nothing like a nice big target for my 40 yr. old myopic eyes. :tongue:

Don't talk shit about my tattoos. The artwork is impeccable and they are very well done and cared for. And if you wanted something that was actually interesting and quite a lot more offensive -to you boomers- to focus your cataracts on, i've got that too.

I'm gonna make all the generalizations I want to because what I think doesn't matter.

Thumbs up for feeling fat and sassy, bitches.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
fat and sassy? c'mon girl.
these women are cool and would probably be on your side
if you made sense.

the both of you seem angry and full of animosity.

why are you so pissed off in the first place?