2007: Avoidance Resolutions?

shiznick90210

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Hello, everybody.

Sure, some of us may have already thought about their New Year's resolutions to experience or create something "positive" in their sex lives for next year, something they felt they were lacking in, this year.

Experience can be a good teacher.

But we also have negative things that have happened to us, or personal experiences in our relatively recent histories that we want to avoid happening to us again.

So let's hear it...

What is it in your sex lives that you've made it a point that you DON'T want to get involved in next year, things that that you found you didn't like getting involved with, in past years?

--------------------------

I'll start it out:

My avoidance resolution for 2007 is to not get suckered into one-night-stands with "gravity-challenged" men that are less than honest about their measurements! I'm afraid that big men (belly-wise) suffocate me. Their physical inflexibility due to their obesity becomes a liability with me, especially when I want to continue playing ...and they can't. (Gasp! Cough, Cough! ...Catch your breath baby, are you all right ...why are you clutching your chest for, are you alright, hon?) I'm sure they're sweet when they want to be, but it takes some doing to get over their white lies or insecurities... and their cardio-respiratory limitations.

So let's hear it from ya'all... what's YOUR "Avoidance Resolution," for 2007 ?

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
REALLY interesting new take on resolutions, shiznick. And really, really difficult for me to answer honestly and openly. But I have decided this year (2007) I will not spend 3/4 of my spare time on the pc involved in cyber relationships that have no future. I think I have been using them as an avoidance mechanism so I'd not have to face the emotional and physical possibilities of a real life f2f sexual relationship. I dont mean I will stop getting to know people online, but there will have to be a genuine possibility of face to face contact soon after meeting, or my time with that contact will decrease in favor of people I can actually socialize with. I've become a hermit practically- I don't have sex or a social life cos I get it all online. In 2007, that will change.
So yes, I guess that is an avoidance resolution. I will avoid online relationships, that I use to avoid real life relationships. Heh.
Thanks, Shiz. I think you have helped me more than you realize.:biggrin1: