2007 Retrospective

SereneBlue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got to thinking tonight about what a strange year 2007 turned out to be for me. I've had some events in my life that came out of nowhere and as a result 2007 ended up being very different than what I thought it would be when it began.

So I thought I'd pose the question to all the folks here. Has 2007 ended the way you thought it would be when it began? Did you learn anything new? Was it more exciting with a surprise or two that took your life in a totally unexpected direction? Or was it more a year where you slowed down, caught your breath and took more time out to 'smell the roses'?

And lastly - what do you think 2008 might have in store for you? Is there anything you hope it has in store for you?

RobinSF

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A very introspective year. By all outward appearances/accomplishments, not so special. But on reflection, personally expansive. Oh, and I lost 20 pounds I've been meaning to get around to losing for the past five years.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Awful year for the world.
Another notch in the belt for me....
No real progress

It feels like the world is stagnant if not on the decline.

I'm disheartened.

Fuck 2007.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I never really had an idea of what it would be like. I try not to think about what the future holds, I just live my life and take it as it comes. So I can't really say that it was any different that I thought it would be. In all honesty, it's really been rather "normal".

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

Worst of times: I finally came to my senses and stopped flogging the dead horse.. It was difficult and it hurt like hell but it had to be done. I have surprised myself with my own resolve. Now if only the damn horse would lie down and recognise that it is dead, that'd be a good start for 2008.

Best of times: I took a chance and found something far beyond any prize I could have imagined.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately, things did not go as I'd planned this year. I started 2007 with a good job, making more money than I'd ever made before, and enjoying it. But my boss decided I didn't have enough experience for the job and let me go in late January. Since then I've been surviving on temp jobs and unemployment.

I REALLY hope 2008 is better than the 3 previous years! I've had job troubles for the past 3 years, since I was laid off from my one stable job (that I had for 10 years). I've also been under a tremendous amount of stress for the past 5 years, the last 3 because of the job stuff, and the 2 before that because of health problems (I nearly died 5 years ago!)

I will have a part time job (as well as making up the difference in pay with unemployment, so I will be getting the same amount of money I get now) starting early January. But I really want to get back in my field again - I haven't worked in my field in a year, and while I still do well on the tests they give me at places like RHT to determine my skill in my field, I know I'd do better if I had a job where I was doing that every day.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
2008 has GOT to be better. :confused:
Hopefully, there will be some sex involved. :biggrin1:

It damn well better be better! The last three years have sucked royally! Not just any old sex, great sex with a man that isn't a fuckwit and loves more than just my pussy.

]One of the worse years of my life, to be honest. On the bright side, I pulled through it all. [/B]
I don't think I'm the only one. I saw a bumper sticker the other day: "Is it 2008 yet?" :tongue:
2007 was a bitey year!:mad:

smudgey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Great year, one of my best if not THE best. Hopefully next year will be even better!

2007 - You watched it! You can't un-watch it! Stay tuned for more... TALES OF INTEREST!!

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In reality some really tough things happened for me this year... but also something happened which I never expected and for that I am thankful.