2007 Retrospective

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had something unexpected happen for me too, and I hope it brings a new year with some happiness...

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
2007 wasn't very good for me, that's for sure. I don't expect 2008 to be any better, though. It seems to get worse every year. The older I get, the worse everything gets. I guess that's normal...

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
IN 2007, I moved countries and jobs.

The new job is two steps up the ladder compared to the old, and the pay jumped by 50% (though part of that is due to an increasingly strong Euro/Dollar conversion rate over 2007)

I now live in a country where I can register a domestic partnership which stands up for immigration purposes. Easily. That means my partner and I can live together once again--he arrived December 11.

I now live in a great art-noveau apartment; a little small, but a great atmosphere.

The job came with a sexy new car, which I enjoy immensely. (Shallow boy stuff)

I will sort some tax problems out, thanks to this year's events.

I am calmer and happier than December 2007.

Thank you, 2007.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I guess if it wasn't that bad it was pretty good.

The two highlights were my two vacations. To Fort Lauderdale in July and to Vegas in November.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I got to thinking tonight about what a strange year 2007 turned out to be for me. I've had some events in my life that came out of nowhere and as a result 2007 ended up being very different than what I thought it would be when it began.

So I thought I'd pose the question to all the folks here. Has 2007 ended the way you thought it would be when it began? Did you learn anything new? Was it more exciting with a surprise or two that took your life in a totally unexpected direction? Or was it more a year where you slowed down, caught your breath and took more time out to 'smell the roses'?

And lastly - what do you think 2008 might have in store for you? Is there anything you hope it has in store for you?

One of the worst years of my life in more ways than I care to remember. Also the closest I have ever come to ending my own life( don't freak, I am not going to do anything). I am thankful for my family, gives me a reason to get up every morning.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK... 2007 was good to a few people here. :biggrin1:

It was probably my worst year financially, but not my worst year physically (that was 2003 - I nearly died that year), or emotionally.

Hopefully I can get my act together with a decent, steady job in 2008.