2008 Presidential Candidate Matrix

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by playainda336, Feb 19, 2008.

1. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is something I posted in another thread, but I think it deserves its own thread.

We always sling back and forth in the other threads "know your issues", but many people just don't know them. They say this candidate is EXACTLY like this candidate and, quite frankly, it's always not true.

So I'm posting this unbiased candidate matrix presented by MSNBC which says all of the major issues of the candidates in a user-friendly interface that anyone can read and understand their candidates in a matter of minutes.

Please check it out and know your issues, then discuss.

Also, if you know of any unbiased sources that we can all learn about the issues of our candidates, please say so.

Candidates + issues matrix - Politics - MSNBC.com

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    It came as no surprise to me that Obama won for me. Hillary lost me on the economy, war, and immigration. Building a fence will do nothing, I think it's a symbolic gesture at best.

3. yurkon

yurkon New Member

Thanks for the link. I've checked out some of it. Obama and hillary are more diff than i thought and I didn't know huckabee was for allowing illegals. Not sure about obama getting out of iraq by march is possible though. Situation is very complex now, but anything can happy.

Sadly, most americans don't get that the president isn't a dictator and just do what ever they want and it just happens. That's why ya can't credit the clintons with great economy because the internet cranked the world econ. I'm sure most here understand the limited power any president has and to me that's the beauty of this system. Although, bush is doing his level best to expand those powers.

4. littledickboy111

Albums:
    Remember... MSNBC is run by the most liberal of all the news media. They're a bunch of pinkos.

5. yurkon

yurkon New Member

Well, the link you gave is worth anything. It says huckster is for legalizing current illegals.

His website says:
    I oppose and will never allow amnesty. I opposed the amnesty President Bush and Senator McCain tried to ram through Congress this summer, and opposed the misnamed DREAM Act, which would have put us on the slippery slope to amnesty for all.

Your original point though is valid; people should do their homework and confirm what you read before you buy what the media spews.

6. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    ...Liberals who made me like John McCain more than Hillary Clinton?

Come on, dude. McCain is the MOST CONSERVATIVE candidate in the race and that matrix gave me the issues straight and I will vote for him if Hillary wins the primaries.

7. yurkon

yurkon New Member

Yup, they are liberal, which is fine, but they should get their facts straight. It took me 4 minutes find a major error.

8. yurkon

yurkon New Member

Check it out, here is the link to hucks site where I got the quote, then go to msnbc's matrix. It's just wrong.
    Mike Huckabee for President - Issues

9. yurkon

yurkon New Member

people on this web site got pissed when I referred to obama as barack hussein, which happens to be his middle name. They got more mad when I posted what his church's mission was. Just independant research that took a few clicks.

10. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hillary also says she has experience. People say lots of things when they're trying to win.

Also, take note that the website provides sources for all of its claims. It's not just spewing out information. Click on the links where he stakes his claims for an Immigration plan and you'll see for yourself what he has said.

11. yurkon

yurkon New Member

huck said:
    I oppose and will never allow amnesty. I opposed the amnesty President Bush and Senator McCain tried to ram through Congress this summer, and opposed the misnamed DREAM Act, which would have put us on the slippery slope to amnesty for all.

i tried to include this above, but it bounced

12. yurkon

yurkon New Member

I'm doing it now. Perhaps he is waffling...

13. yurkon

yurkon New Member

I checked, MSNBC has the correct link to his site, but the wrong info in their matrix. In fact, their link happened to be one and the same where I got my cut and paste on huck. MSNBC should be ashamed of themselves.

Again, a 4 minute check. Now I'm gonna check what they have in their matrix on hillary and barack hussein

14. littledickboy111

Albums:
  15. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't think their info is wrong. They don't say he wants to grant full amnesty, he says he wouldn't be against having professionals pay a fine and allowed to stay in the country.

littledickboy, do you realize how idiotic and trite you sound?

Instead of showing how subjective you are to the will of conservatives, why don't you show some objectiveness and present links to real issues of the candidacy. Because that's what this thread is about...not liberalism or conservatism.

Objectivity. Or at least striving as hard as you can towards it.
    By the way...what is his church's mission?

And yes, his name is Barack Hussein Obama...but I don't think it a smart idea to vote against someone because they have a name...a VERY common name in Africa and the Middle-East, by the way...especially with the knowledge that his father is African.

16. D_Goldsworthy Fingernuts

MSNBC unbiased! Owned by General Electric some of the biggest gangsters in the world. I think they only push their own agenda!

17. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    Did you even check the link posted?

._.

The link is a collection of articles and information. Strictly facts pertaining to candidates' campaigns.

18. yurkon

yurkon New Member

Hey!!! don't be spinning me! I just listed his middle name as a fact and that's it. If you want to draw conclusions, from that fact, that's counter to exposing the truth via fact finding.

Found obama church through wiki,
    From the about us section of his church:
    The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:
    1. A congregation committed to ADORATION.
    2. A congregation preaching SALVATION.
    3. A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.
    4. A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
    5. A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.
    6. A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.
    7. A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.
    8. A congregation committed to LIBERATION.
    9. A congregation committed to RESTORATION.
    10. A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.
    Mission statement:
    Mission Statement: What Trinity Is About
    Trinity United Church of Christ has been called by God to be a congregation that is not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and that does not apologize for its African roots! As a congregation of baptized believers, we are called to be agents of liberation not only for the oppressed, but for all of God’s family. We, as a church family, acknowledge, that we will, building on this affirmation of "who we are" and "whose we are," call men, women, boys and girls to the liberating love of Jesus Christ, inviting them to become a part of the church universal, responding to Jesus’ command that we go into all the world and make disciples!

The above are cut and paste from:
    Trinity United Church of Christ

It appears his church is more interested in Africa than America.

19. yurkon

yurkon New Member

Playa, I just showed everyone where they got hucks wrong, through the link they provide no less. I checked all the obama one, no mistakes there.
    Again, those are just the facts. Now I'll check hillarys...

20. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    Dude. I wasn't talking about you. LOL

Chill. I was talking about "kingsizw".

And my Obama comment wasn't to chastise you. Chill out, man. You're good.

And thanks for the info about his church.

I wouldn't say his church is more interested in Africa than America.

First and foremost, Africa is not a country. Secondly, it's probably more likely that he goes to a church that has a lot of people from Africa that go to it. It's very common for churches to have "missions" to "save" different parts of the world. I don't find that mission statement strange at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted