2011 Christmas Trees & Decorations

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like the idea that it was made from children's drawings. Some of the others windows don't look too much like Christmas :confused:

A friend and I have an annual tradition of taking a walking tour of NY's Holiday windows and having lunch... Drum roll please....
Barney's... meh
Bloomingdale's... Bah Humbug
Bergdorf Goodman... What were you thinking?
Macy's ... Vom
Saks Fifth Avenue... Why Bother?
And the winner for 2011 is... Lord & Taylor Christmas Windows 2011 - YouTube

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You gotta love Gabby!

I pretty much detest Desperate Housewives but there is a line that stuck with me. (Gabby and Carlos were trying to get out of town in a hurry and Carlos pulls a feather boa out of her suitcase) And he said... "Where we are going you won't need a feather boa." and she replies "Carlos I don't think I want to go to a place where you don't need a feather boa."

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like the idea that it was made from children's drawings. Some of the others windows don't look too much like Christmas :confused:
It's my last Christmas in NY so I'm really nostalgic this year. From now on I'm going to be linking the decorations at Ala Moana Center and the Kahala Mall.
You gotta love Gabby!
For some reason I really want to go out and buy a feather boa and some mules... the closest thing I've ever done to drag is dressing up as Tina Chow once for a fundraiser. Oh and Gloria Upson but that's another story all together.
Who's got the longest p............err I mean feather boa!
I'll wait for the pictures but I have a feeling it's....

Last edited:

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Awwwww, I would hate not to be in Germany during Christmas. I'd miss the Christmas Markets, Glühwein, the sweets and cookies and church on the 24th.
I'd love to travel to New York in Decmber one of these days/years though. I watch Home Alone 2 every year and I love what they show of New York in that movie.

It's my last Christmas in NY so I'm really nostalgic this year. From now on I'm going to be linking the decorations at Ala Moana Center and the Kahala Mall.

For some reason I really want to go out and buy a feather boa and some mules... the closest thing I've ever done to drag is dressing up as Tina Chow once for a fundraiser. Oh and Gloria Upson but that's another story all together.

I'll wait for the pictures but I have a feeling it's....

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well I've spent the majority of my christmas holidays in Honolulu and I've been lucky enough to spend most of the others in NYC. I'm happy to be going home... One of my favorite Holiday movies in NY is Eloise at Christmastime (I can't link it)
Awwwww, I would hate not to be in Germany during Christmas. I'd miss the Christmas Markets, Glühwein, the sweets and cookies and church on the 24th.
I'd love to travel to New York in Decmber one of these days/years though. I watch Home Alone 2 every year and I love what they show of New York in that movie.

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I wouldn't mind spending the Christmas Holidays on such a wonderful island! Not Christmas itself though (we celebrate it on the 24th- that's when we open exchange gifts too, the 25th is Christ's day and the 26th is another Holiday).
I'd have to say one of my favourite Christmas movies would be "It's a wonderful life". As for funny movies I'd say "Christmas Vacation" with Chevy Chase.

Well I've spent the majority of my christmas holidays in Honolulu and I've been lucky enough to spend most of the others in NYC. I'm happy to be going home... One of my favorite Holiday movies in NY is Eloise at Christmastime (I can't link it)

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well OK it's time to start getting ready for the 2012 holidays; I'm off to the store to buy my cards, wrapping paper, gift enclosure cards, ribbon etc....Don't hate me because I'm organized... plus I hate paying full price for something that get thrown away.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well OK it's time to start getting ready for the 2012 holidays; I'm off to the store to buy my cards, wrapping paper, gift enclosure cards, ribbon etc....Don't hate me because I'm organized... plus I hate paying full price for something that get thrown away.

LOL, well maybe this inspire some ideas:

Make Leftover Wrapping Paper Firestarters

How can we not envy such a life as yours? :confused:

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
Everyone has lovely trees.... all so uniquely different.

I love Pandora's feathers and gold
and the lights on ghb's trees
Lee's white and silver is breathtaking
mark's got a very creative touch... his mom's house is
beautiful...
and nudey... You've got the Touch...

such lovely trees.. wish we'd seen more...

Last edited: