2012, dec 21st End of Mayan Calander

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Andro Man, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Andro Man

Andro Man New Member

What do you think is going to happen?

2. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    The Mayan calender runs out then, and you're asking...maybe the 22nd of December will follow.

The Mayan calender stops then because...maybe they ran out of room.

3. CardiffDillon

Gold Member

Time ran out for the Mayans a long time before their calendar did.

Do you remember December 31st 1999? Every computer on Earth was going to die, planes were going to fall out of the skies, medical equipment was going to fail, phone systems were going to crash, it was going to be the end of the world as we knew it. Anyone recall what actually happened?

[Answer: Nothing happened]

cheers

Dillon

4. B_New End

B_New End New Member

2000 was different, computers were only 50 years old, and people who knew them knew it was sensationalist nonsense.

But the wisdom of the ancients took centuries to craft. They spent their lives watching stars and patterns without the distractions of television or other media.

What will happen? Nobody knows.

5. CBS1

CBS1 New Member

Albums:
    Ops. I didn't now that, I bether hurry and find someone to be Whit and stop reading those posts and JO everyday than.:mad:

6. B_New End

B_New End New Member

People always misunderstand 2012. It does not necessarily mean the end of the world.

It could be the rise of a new religion
    or a huge scientific breakthrough akin to electricity or writing.
    It could be the collapse of an empire.

7. nerd

nerd New Member

that's quite a giant logical fallacy there: the time and resources needed to acquire an information are irrelevant when it comes to its validity

8. solarphallux

solarphallux New Member

Albums:
    The end of the human calendar?
    The dawning of the "real" Age Of Aquarius?
    The end of the phase of Christ and Osiris?
    The start of the phase of the Holy Ghost and Horus?
    The rise of the aeon for Thee Crowned and Conquering Child?
    We all expand into the meta-context into a higher universe?

As you can see I'm a big fan of Terrence McKenna and Grant Morrison.
    I guess if we stick around long enough we'll find out. I'll be doing my
    own magic until then - working my "magic wand", if you will.

Hopefully there's be a big party! Or at least a truly psychedelic rave to hit -
    so hopefully I'll be in the UK! The parties are much better there than NYC
    (at least as far as the music is concerned):biggrin1:

9. marcusd85

marcusd85 New Member

I think more likely "Pirates of the Caribbean 8"... :)

10. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

11. burns1de

Gold Member

The end of a Mayan long count calendar has traditionally signified the end of an era and the beginning of something else, either a drastic change in perception on a global scale or an awakening of some sort. The latest book by Daniel Pinchbeck (one of my favourite authors) speculates that this date could bring about a kind of noosphere, an evolved theory of the mind and consciousness on a global level. A very interesting read, indeed - check out '2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl' if you have an open mind.

It should be noted that the Mayans are not the only ones to pinpoint this date as a big event - a section of the Hindu faith believes that a god will take a human form (become an 'avatar', hence) on that date; the Incas, Maori Elders and a tribe of native-Americans (forgot their names - they were featured on an episode of the X-Files) all have somewhat similar prophecies. Of course, it is also the winter solstice on that day...

12. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I think it means the end of Mayan civilization. :rolleyes:

13. Andro Man

Andro Man New Member

Mayans believed in cyclicality in a big way, not just the cyclicality of seasons but of Zeitgeist and intergalactic events.
    I know a lot of ppl will dismiss Atlantis outright as just a myth, but I wonder. I think it was Chomski that said that every child is born with the inherent skills to speak every language in the world but that during their life they unlearn the languages by focusing on one.
    I know there are some civilisations that didn't possess the skill of writing but even then they developed methods for communicating and passing on knowledge to next generations. This makes me think that possibly the registering of knowledge is also an inherent skill that ppl possess.

Say the homo sapiens existed for more than 200000 years. We know how quickly things developed dating say from 4000 years back.

If we are the same species we were 200000 years ago why then would nothing happen so long? Basically ppl are like bees. Every generation similar ppl get born. In every generation there are geniuses in science, literature, arts etc being born.
    Why could it not have been possible that there were civilisations before this one?

And here I get back on topic. The mayans believed in cyclicality, I can't remember exactly but I think it was either 25000 or 50000 years that was a complete cycle. Some ppl believe it coincides with intergalactic alignment or something like that, that would cause a polar shift to happen, causing certain land to become ocean and other parts to become land.

Maybe that's why the homo sapiens haven't come further.

And it's true it's not just the mayans that predicted that period, there are more prophecies that were made independent of them that predicted something major (catastrophy)happening around 2012.

14. carl honduras

carl honduras New Member

I remember reading that when the Spanish arrived in Mexico, the Aztecs were on the beach waiting for them, because they had accurately predicted to the day the "return of Quetzcoatl from across the sea".

In their mythology, Quetzcoatl was depicted as a bearded warrior in golden armour, very like the conquistadors.......Spooky, possums.

15. chuckg400

chuckg400 New Member

:tongue: I think that life goes on and on and on and on......

We were all here before, we are here now and we will be here in the future. We have purposes to our lives and constantly grow, change, etc. That's the master plan in my humble mind...... :wink: :biggrin1: :wink:

16. camper joe

Gold Member

Well time will tell. Until then have some popcorn. :popcorn:

17. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

The Mayan calendar has been one of the most accurate. I believe something major, perhaps catastrophic will happen in 2012. At least the evidence makes it much more plausible than the year 2000 'prophecy'.

18. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

The mayan calender ends at that time because this reality as we know it will be dramatically change in time and space. Therfore the "traditional" methods used in this version of reality such as chronological calenders used to "keep track" of time/space will not be useful nor necessary.

Here is an interesting site that explains "2012". I discovered that after i put out the intention to "want to know" and started attracting movies like "What the Bleep Do We know" and "The Secret" and authors like Dr. Wayne
    Dyer, that i then started attracting sites like this that are connected to the higher "consciousness" and knowledge of which we all share that enables us to be able to discern and understand the real truth about this reality and the transformations that are taking place.

19. Andro Man

Andro Man New Member

ehm....
    If nobody knows, maybe we should hedge. Run yourself into as much debt as possible for 21st dec 2012.
    If the mayans are right at least you had a good time, if the mayans are wrong you're fucked but at least its not the end of the world ;)

20. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

absolutely nothing

Draft saved Draft deleted