2012, dec 21st End of Mayan Calander

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Apart from the obvious monthly cycles which are dependent on the moon's gravitational pull, I think astronomers (and most educated people) know that the movement of the stars and planets have no effect on people at all.

And yet it is well known that the crazies do come out ifn force during full moons.

And planets have effects on stars... is it possible they can have effects on hormones?

Seasonal diets of women??
You don't even have an open enough mind to think a child concieved in spring, and having a mother eating a diet high in fruits during gestation might come out differently than a child concieved in winter, and having a mother whose diet was high in meats?

What have you been smoking?
marijuana, you?

D_Joseba_Guntertwat

Experimental Member
Media
And yet it is well known that the crazies do come out ifn force during full moons.

And planets have effects on stars... is it possible they can have effects on hormones?

You don't even have an open enough mind to think a child concieved in spring, and having a mother eating a diet high in fruits during gestation might come out differently than a child concieved in winter, and having a mother whose diet was high in meats?

marijuana, you?

The moon affects people, animals, plants and the tides. But not planets and stars because they're too far away. You say planets have effects on stars - like what? If you believe in astrology then you'll think that some planet in our solar system has an effect on a star that's light years away.

I see what you mean now about seasonal diets. Of course the diet of the mother during pregnancy could affect the child, but that has nothing to do with astrology. And these days you can get most food in the supermarket all year round.

I don't smoke ;)

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The moon affects people, animals, plants and the tides. But not planets and stars because they're too far away. You say planets have effects on stars - like what? If you believe in astrology then you'll think that some planet in our solar system has an effect on a star that's light years away.

Planets cause the star they are orbiting around to wobble. That means they have significant gravitaional pull... even from far away.

Do you "believe" it is possible electromagnetism and gravity are related?

Is it possible gravity can guide ions free floating in a liquid in the brain?

And in astrology, the stars are not the players, the planets and the moon are, the stars just show where the planets are located at.

I don't "believe" in astrology, just like I don't "believe" in the big bang.

I see what you mean now about seasonal diets. Of course the diet of the mother during pregnancy could affect the child, but that has nothing to do with astrology.
What do you mean it has nothing ot do with astrology? Astrology is based on a calendar and observations of thousands of generations.

And these days you can get most food in the supermarket all year round.
Somewhat, if you have the money to buy what is not on sale... most young parents do not, especially if they are expecting, or raising a young family.

Furthermore, the supermarket is a relatively new phenomenon, and most people alive today, would not have been mothered by someone who shopped at a supermarket.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
At least it will be after the London Olympics and we won't have to repay the debt.

The Earth does go through change. I am not sure whether the Gaia principle acknowledges a form of consciousness on the Earth's part, but maybe, she needs to flush out the pollution that the human race has become.

Apocalypse literally means, the lifting of the veil.

D_Joseba_Guntertwat

Experimental Member
Media
Planets cause the star they are orbiting around to wobble. That means they have significant gravitaional pull... even from far away.
Gravity is proportional to the mass of the two objects it acts between. So a planet can make a star wobble but has a negligible effect on someone standing on Earth.
Also the huge distances make a lot of difference. If you take the largest planet, Jupiter, its gravitational pull on you is about 1/500,000th that of the moon.
Do you "believe" it is possible electromagnetism and gravity are related?

Is it possible gravity can guide ions free floating in a liquid in the brain?
Maybe, but I'm a Libra so I have to say it's unlikely.

And in astrology, the stars are not the players, the planets and the moon are, the stars just show where the planets are located at.

I don't "believe" in astrology, just like I don't "believe" in the big bang.
That's fine. However, there is some evidence to suggest the big bang did happen. Astrology has no evidence to back it up at all.
What do you mean it has nothing ot do with astrology? Astrology is based on a calendar and observations of thousands of generations.
Observations of thousands of generations has nothing to do with what your mother ate. (That's not intended as a personal insult in case you're wondering.)
Somewhat, if you have the money to buy what is not on sale... most young parents do not, especially if they are expecting, or raising a young family.

Furthermore, the supermarket is a relatively new phenomenon, and most people alive today, would not have been mothered by someone who shopped at a supermarket.

Maybe so, but astrology claims to know your future based entirely on the movement of the planets. Most horoscopes don't say 'If your mother likes cheese, you're going to have a bad day today'.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A notable comment was embedded in a long post:
However, Mayan priests living and working in Guatemala aver that the so-called Mayan Prophecy for 2012, as touted by various foreign New Agers who have no knowledge of Mayan culture, language, or religion, is twaddle.
'nuff said.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We'll have a complete understanding of human genetics. We'll be able to control the size of our cocks (for one thing xD), we'll create intelligent anthropomorphs.

Then again, in 2012, maybe homosexuals will be the majority on the planet! =D Yay! XD Population control ftw. XD

Or maybe humans will develop some other useless organ, like the appendix. xD Maybe Our livers will become obsolete. :p

Aliens will arrive and I'll have sex with one, cuz it'd be hot. XD

Or, maybe I'll finally get a boyfriend. >_>

We'll have extreme communication capabilities. Telepathy, speaking with animals, etc.. :p

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's fine. However, there is some evidence to suggest the big bang did happen. Astrology has no evidence to back it up at all.

Actually, there is NO evidence the big bang "happened"
Because when it comes right down to the moment of it occuring, nobody know what or how it really could have happened. The closest they can get is the milliseconds after "it" occured.

Observations of thousands of generations has nothing to do with what your mother ate.

Observations don't. Doesn't mean the observations are invalid.
Observations are science, and science is categorization.
The "mother ate" thing, could just be a possible explanantion for "why" people from certain signs tend to be a certain way.
But the "why" really isn't important, if the observations are true.
And by true, I mean beyond the standard of deviation.

Maybe so, but astrology claims to know your future based entirely on the movement of the planets. Most horoscopes don't say 'If your mother likes cheese, you're going to have a bad day today'.

Astrology rarely predicts the future. Most of what I see has to do with how you should reacts to possible challenges, as it deals more with your emotions.

BTW, I am just playing devils advocate, since I don't believe in anything.

...including "science".

zgrog2000

Experimental Member
Media
OK, wait, so one piece of this that I didn't know was that the Mayans believed that this "end of the Universe" happened every 5,000 years. So then my next question would be, OK, fine, then what was the "end" that happened in 2,988 B.C.?

Their calendar ended and they started over knowing that a bunch of goofuses would be speculating about what would happen when "the end" of the calendar rolled back around.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK, wait, so one piece of this that I didn't know was that the Mayans believed that this "end of the Universe" happened every 5,000 years. So then my next question would be, OK, fine, then what was the "end" that happened in 2,988 B.C.?

The Mayans never stated that the end of their calendar was in fact an 'end' of some sort for the world, quite the opposite - they viewed this either as a period of change, and awakening of sorts and, yes, possibly something bad happening, but it's never been the end of the line for them.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
The Mayans never stated that the end of their calendar was in fact an 'end' of some sort for the world, quite the opposite - they viewed this either as a period of change, and awakening of sorts and, yes, possibly something bad happening, but it's never been the end of the line for them.
Yeah, that's why I'm wondering what the last transition involved. Nonetheless, I'm still scared. Hold me? :tongue: