2012 Weight Loss Tracker Thread

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Rikter8, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    How about we start a 2012 Weight Loss Thread?

This is a support group, right? So show your support!
    Let's have fun with this. You can choose to do Daily updates, or weekly updates. (Weekly may be more feasable)

With each post, list your Weight and the Date.
    You can include any other pertinent information if you like to track your progress.

Ready?

January 2nd 2012 7AM 239lbs, 31.8 BMI, 33.3% fat
    Scale Used: Omron HBF-400

Global Goal: Loose 40 lbs.
    Flaccid Length: N/A today - been in a stretcher for 3 hours, data skewed.

Goals for today:
    Treadmill - Brisk Walk Warm up then 45 minutes total on machine combo walk/jog.
    Back Core Strength Exercises - Leg Lifts, Knee to chest streches and other prescribed lower back exercises to keep things in place.

Post your info so we can get started.
    Come on ladies and guys...let's make this happen.

#1 Rikter8, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  2. sargon20

Gold Member

Not a whole lot of weight loss goals this year? I need to drop 15-20 lbs by next month for my winter beach break.

3. Thirdlegproduction

Thirdlegproduction Formerly WhiteMonst3r
    Gold Member

Albums:
    my bodyfat percentage was about 14 to 15% before the hollidays it is back up to 16%

I don't care much for my weight as in losing x amount but I am interested in lowering my bodyfat percentage to around 10%

I'm lifting heavy weights now so I might even gain weight while losing fat.

4. lvsxy808

Gold Member

Albums:
    My husband and I are doing Weight Watchers. We've both gotten seriously heavy lately - I just measured myself at 190 pounds, which is the heaviest I've ever been. But we are having a huge holiday in June so I want to be back down to about 155 by then.

So, starting on Jan 2 at 190 pounds.

5. achillesx

achillesx Well-Known Member

Albums:
  6. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    My goals are to loose the weight for several upcoming events that I am the host of.
    The first big one is in June 2012. Another in July, and Another in September.

Will I be a skinny minny by then? No, but I'll hopefully be down at least the weight I plan to attain.

7. Blorkin

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    My goal is to not necessarily loose weight but to just replace my fat with muscle. I will post current "stats" when I get back home. Also might I suggest creating a group for this??

8. B_debonair87

B_debonair87 New Member

don't really have any weight loss goals. i just want my muscles more defined. plus i want a 6-pack. right now my abs are just flat. hoping to have a 6-pack by spring break.

9. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good Idea. We can share our photos there.
    http://www.lpsg.org/groups/1009-2012+weight+loss+group/

10. cintron

cintron New Member

I need to gain weight lol, at least 30 lbs. I guess Ill start at the gym.

11. D_Dwayne_Pipe

D_Dwayne_Pipe Account Disabled

Good idea to track your weight and calories. Studies show that those who do keep their weight off.

I use an online free service available for my phone or computer. Keeps track of calories, exercise, nutrition by the day, week, and month.

Lose It! - Succeed at weight loss with Lose It!

12. Serial Kisser

Serial Kisser Well-Known Member

Weight in 2011 - 220
    Weight beginning in 2012 - 183
    Goal weight for 2012 - 160

13. srk515

Gold Member

Albums:
    Weight in 2008 - 132
    Weight in 2009 - 132
    Weight in 2010 - 132
    Weight in 2011 - 132

Goal weight for 2012 - 132. I think I can do it.

14. D_Dwayne_Pipe

D_Dwayne_Pipe Account Disabled

2010 - 238 lbs. 2011 - 200 lbs.
    2012 Goal - 180 lbs.

15. cdog204

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't have any intention to lose weight, just tone up. I saw that stupid Ryan Gosling movie where he takes off his shirt and the girl says, "Seriously!?! It's like you're photoshopped." I want to look like that in 2012!

16. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I hate to make my first post in a positive thread argumentative, but I'm about to do just that :tongue::redface:

I just wanted to say that specific, time-bound goals don't work for everyone. They don't work for me, particularly when it comes to weight loss. My weight loss isn't always predictable, so it's almost impossible for me to make a weight loss goal that I know I can meet in a set period of time. When I don't meet goals I get terribly depressed, so I prefer to avoid them. Instead I have an end goal, and just promise that I will keep trying until I reach it. I've lost 40kg without any goals except my end goal, so I know doing it without specific goals can at least work for some people.

With that out of the way . . .

I have a few kilos left to lose. I'm not sure how many because I've already hit my initial end goal. I'm just going to keep going until I feel I've reached the right weight. And eventually I'll add in some exercise to get my fat % down a bit lower.

I'm not starting my diet again just yet, but will post my weigh ins anyway. Last Sunday's weigh in:

Weight: 57.7 kg

Fat %: 33.9

Good luck to everyone!!! This thread is a brilliant idea Rikter.

17. AG08

Gold Member

After discovering that I'm hypoglycemic 8 months ago, I had to cut down my sugar by about 90%, and start exercising regularly. I did just that and have gone from a 37 inch waist to a 32 inch waist. I am also now wearing medium underwear and shirts instead of large.

I have struggled with my weight for the last 16 years (since finishing university). I couldn't understand for the life of me why I was gaining weight so quickly. After finding out that I'm also celiac a couple of years ago, the weight really started piling on because gluten freee food is very high in sugar. The culprit all those years was sugar! When people think of sugar they tend to think of dessert, candy, cookies, etc, but you would not believe how much of it is in our every day foods. For me, 10 grams of sugar per serving is pretty much my limit, or I start feeling sick. Start reading the labels on foods, and you won't believe how much sugar you are consuming on a daily basis. Reduce your sugar intake substantially, and watch the inches/pounds melt off. You would be amazed how quickly your taste buds adjust to it. I also now workout 3 times/week at the Y (30-45 min weights, and 20-30 min cardio), and do Taekwondo once a week which has helped me lose weight and build muscle. This is why I go by inches lost, not pounds lost. Muscle weighs more than fat. My wife reduced her sugar intake by about 75%, doesn't exercise at all (although I wish she did for her own health) and has dropped 15 pounds! Diets don't work. Forget expensive diet programs, counting calories, points etc. My wife has been on every diet known to man only to have the weight come back ten fold after she went off her diet. She cannot believe as well that it was as simple as cutting back on sugar that has allowed her to take off the weight and keep it off. She used to have a wicked sweet tooth, but no longer craves it that much.

Being celiac, I haven't been able to eat fast, junk, frozen, prepared foods for almost 2 years now. I think it goes without saying though that those foods should be avoided/eliminated as well.

Good luck everyone! Happy 2012! :smile:

BTW - Be prepared to have to buy lots of new clothes. I have given away bags of them, and now need to get rid of even more that I bought only 4 months ago because they are too big for me.

#17 AG08, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  18. B_M37

B_M37 New Member

OK so I'm not here to lose or gain weight just offer my support and best wishes to all of you trying.
    A friend of mine lost a lot of weight last year and the money they saved on Grocery bills over the 12 months is paying for 5 nights in New York in March, so biggest thing I guess we all learned in their support network is reward yourself for doing well, talk about things when they are not.

I'd love to see how you get on x

19. Tallhungbball88

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Height 6'7-6'8

Weight in 2007 - 325
    Weight in 2010 - 215
    Weight middle of 2011 - 240
    Weight January 1st 2012 - 235

Goal weight - 250 (put on muscle)

20. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    5 Day Update

Hell of a week, first week back from a long holiday break and not a lot of time to exercise so I did what I could during the time and trimmed back the foods.

232 lbs so down 7 lbs this morning. Slow, but I'll take it.
    Exercised 3 days during the 5 day week starting slow with cardio and core conditioning.

Didn't do any PE this week, but flaccid non aroused length: 4 5/8" pubic bone pressed.

Today, going to do more cardio to try and get my endurance up a bit, and during the day will be wearing my ADS stretcher for the rest of the day.

Where's your update?

#20 Rikter8, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
Draft saved Draft deleted