Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
So I know things are still super fucky with covid-19 pretty much globally even with the vaccine being distributed, but I'm sure that doesn't mean that some sort of vacation plans are impossible.

This month my vacation time renews for the year and I don't really know what to do with it, but I'm definitely starting to think about what I might want to do. Traveling out of state isn't something I feel is necessary at all for me, I'm lucky enough to live somewhere with plenty of things to do outside which don't involve groups of people. So most likely I'll find a corner I haven't been to yet and just check it out. Take the fella and the dogs for a getaway from humanity.

One place I would want to visit is the orchid nursery I order my species plants from, but they're located in California and I'm not willing to go that far or be in a state that populated just yet. Hell, outside of a pandemic places that populated scare the fuck out of me... But I wanna see the place in person. Someday......

swingfun

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The wife and I have been talking lately about going out of state this year. Possibly head west into the four corners area for a few days. I love the desert.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
When my love broke his leg and needed emergency surgery in September, that erased my planned time near Moab.
So that’s back on for about the same time.
I need to go to Ouray to scatter some of Dad’s ashes.

I’m feeling the need for water. I’m not sure if that means coast, lake or river.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I've got some magic mushrooms for when I want a trip.

That's been a regularly occurring thing these past few months..

I suppose I've already done a bit of vacationing in 2021. More definitely to come.

Reactions: Call_Me_Dave

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My ass is too broke to do a thing. Kids & mom might go south for a week or so, which means I’ll dog sit. A week basically out of my living situation, in my old house, with no one but a dog? Sign this hermit ass up.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
My ass is too broke to do a thing. Kids & mom might go south for a week or so, which means I’ll dog sit. A week basically out of my living situation, in my old house, with no one but a dog? Sign this hermit ass up.

#BestieTimeIsBestOfTimes

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Me and @Mr_Mitt would love to go back to the bourbon trail, but the potential of exposure in a semi popular thing mid year is not a risk we logically will take.

We drove down to Key West a bit ago and went to the museum that holds Robert the Doll so we could visit him and check out the museum he protects and does crazy stuff in. Love that creepy little guy.

Thankfully we were the only ones in there for the morning, beyond him of course.

We had planned a cross country trip (fl to Cali) for this year, but that is not happening. I'm not sure what we will do, if we will do anything.

Sometimes just hanging out at home together, full of whiskey and nerdy games is the best vacation you can have in these crazy times.

D

deleted5791141

Somewhere off the beaten path in Cali since I already live here. So, unfortunately, that leaves Yosemite out and that’s my favorite, but it’s also too touristy even in pandemic times. Probably up the coast, north of the Bay Area. It’s not so busy and still has lots of redwoods to the oceans type of hiking. And not in the summer when everyone else will be thinking the same thing. Maybe mid spring or mid fall.

D

deleted1846971

We hope to get to puerto vallarta in May. It’ll be nice to get out of the country for a few days. Like everyone else we could use the break.

Edit: This will be our first time there. The prices look really good and the beaches look better.

D

deleted15807

Headed to Medellin, Colombia next week then to San Francisco and Napa Valley next month. Las Vegas and Utah in the fall. As a frequent traveler the past year has been tough on the mental health. Hopefully this year will be better.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm hoping, and right now it is only hoping, next September or October, that I can afford to rent a car and take a road trip that I haven't done in many years. Drive to the Washington State coast, and then drive all the way down the coast of Oregon and northern California on U.S. Highway 101, switching to truly scenic Highway 1, at a little town called Leggett, all the way to the Bay Area. Camping along the way at some old favorite beach spots, and Redwood forest campgrounds.

Partly for the relaxation of the long beautiful drive, but also to visit old friends and the relatives that I still have, (and like), there. Maybe spend a week there, galivanting around with my pals, and then fly home. It wouldn't be great timing for my work, so I'd really have to have it together, aside from getting the money together!

@Tight_N_Juicy - If by chance the orchard that you want to visit is in Sonoma County, where many orchardist reside, and if you've never been to northern California, north of the Bay Area, you might be surprised by the wide open spaces. Along the coast there aren't any large cities north of Santa Rosa, (the county seat of huge Sonoma County), until you hit way northern Eureka, which could hardly be called a "large" city. So many gorgeous, easily accessible beaches and walkable, magnificent forest trails. I'm guessing you would love it and feel safely socially distanced where ever you went.

A/B

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
perhaps
more of a lifestyle change,than a vacation

life is full of thought and opinion
fine for the mind
hope,the body can cope

in saying that,no complaints
more than content

fortunate mind still relatively willing
sort of a safe holliday
reality

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm hoping, and right now it is only hoping, next September or October, that I can afford to rent a car and take a road trip that I haven't done in many years. Drive to the Washington State coast, and then drive all the way down the coast of Oregon and northern California on U.S. Highway 101, switching to truly scenic Highway 1, at a little town called Leggett, all the way to the Bay Area. Camping along the way at some old favorite beach spots, and Redwood forest campgrounds.

Partly for the relaxation of the long beautiful drive, but also to visit old friends and the relatives that I still have, (and like), there. Maybe spend a week there, galivanting around with my pals, and then fly home. It wouldn't be great timing for my work, so I'd really have to have it together, aside from getting the money together!

@Tight_N_Juicy - If by chance the orchard that you want to visit is in Sonoma County, where many orchardist reside, and if you've never been to northern California, north of the Bay Area, you might be surprised by the wide open spaces. Along the coast there aren't any large cities north of Santa Rosa, (the county seat of huge Sonoma County), until you hit way northern Eureka, which could hardly be called a "large" city. So many gorgeous, easily accessible beaches and walkable, magnificent forest trails. I'm guessing you would love it and feel safely socially distanced where ever you went.

A/B

MAKE IT HAPPEN AB

by order,says the pseudo Aussie State Premier dictating

why
because,in all my 5 years or so,working often two jobd in Sydney,BIG MONEY
and
i never got off my arse/ass USA to take a/my train trip,to PERTH WA

would have been so easy to do,as weekly i was in the central station,and szaw that train

too late now/dmn

ps
to bloody smart,with a mindset of thinkin i was 'invaluable'
ie
no one could do the jobs better than me huh

pps
also not suggesting you may hae ny,uhmmm all respect folk,MH issue re jobs

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

A/B

Thank you. ❤️✨

Aruba. It's already paid for once we can travel again. We have airline credits and 2 years worth of credit (from 2020 and 2021) banked in our travel club from our cancelled vacation last year. We can't wait to go. We absolutely love it there! Once we get the jab, we are booking immediately. In the province where we live, the provincial government is now claiming that by June 20th, everyone who wants the vaccine will be able to get it. I hope this is true!