• Coffee? What's coffee?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It was brewed 24 hours ago and it's still in the coffee machine. The warmer has been off. Should I microwave it and drink it?

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldn't expect there to be any risk involved, but it's got to taste fucking awful. The only way that coffee can keep for a long time after it's brewed is if it is chilled (and, heaven help us, NOT reheated!).

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If i had expensive coffee, that would mean I liked good coffee.
And 24-hour coffee is never good.
So I would toss it.
(Never heard that coffee becomes dangerous after several hours at room temperature. Is this so?)

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So I would toss it.
(Never heard that coffee becomes dangerous after several hours at room temperature. Is this so?)

Ah, but what if you splurged on good coffee beans which is why you are reluctant to throw out the coffee?

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So I would toss it.

Ah, but what if you splurged on good coffee beans which is why you are reluctant to throw out the coffee?

Or if one is too rushed to brew fresh (or too lazy :redface:), then a quick spot of hours-old premium brew can hit the spot and give one that nice little energy bump to face life's rigors.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Myeh, I rarely let the coffee sit overnight but I have drunk reheated 24 hour coffee and not died. The reheated coffee doesn't taste anywhere near as good, but it's better than nothing. Shame you're breastfeeding, because a shot of Bailey's or Ricard will mask the bad taste nicely.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can understand someone drinking reheated day-old coffee on a bet. And I can understand someone doing it who doesn't care much about the difference between good coffee and bad. But to be reluctant to throw out leftover brew because it was made from especially good beans seems to me self-defeating.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I do it all the time, it doesn't rival fresh, but i use a french press with a dark roast which tends to be a bit more stout to begin with. I like seeing mud in the bottom of the cup.

even my first brew probably wouldn't please a light roast/drip machine fan.

FYI brewed coffee will go bad at some point though, half a pot (just coffee, no sugar or cream) left on the counter during a long weekend away actually supported mold growth. that, i would not chance drinking.

Last edited:

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
24 hours, still in the pot? sure just heat it up but not more than 20 seconds.....

I've done it before...ST is right... quality coffee is much better.

I now have a Keurig single cup....so problem solved. (maybe you should put that on your wish list for christmas?)

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'd mix whole milk, double cream and sugar into it and chill it down.

You can add a cinnamon quill and slightly crushed cardamom pods to the coffee while it's still in the pot but you might need to heat it to get the hard spices to diffuse properly.

We drink this iced coffee in the tropics when it's really hot and we caffeine tragics need our fix.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
All coffee not chilled in the fridge to be use for iced coffee later in the day is poured into one or two of the many house plants we have in our home. And we have quite a few house plants. Of course, the coffee is not hot when we do this but rather than throw it away it makes a great plant food and changes the Ph of the soil to a state all our house plants seem to thrive in. Poured a half cup in the container that is home to an orchid, which hadn't bloomed in two years (it was a gift). Within two weeks it shot up a stem covered with buds and after three months those buds remain in full bloom. Magic stuff, day old coffee. But drink it? Nevah!

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Tosser! :tongue:
You just reminded me of someone cunning, I need to send him an e-mail.
Hardly I'm sitting here in a 20 year old cashmere sweater hoping it will come back into style soon. I just like fresh coffee. Life is too short to eat or drink anything past the expiration.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You can. I don't expect it to taste very good, though, esp. if you drink it black.

Me, I love my coffee from a French Press, tons of cream and sugar. If it's from a drip pot, if it's more than a couple of hours old, I'm pitching it. Reheated coffee is just narsty.

Instant Human, just add coffee.