• Coffee? What's coffee?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'd throw it out, but it won't kill you.

I use a little stove top espresso pressure pot and make it one cup at a time. Or a bolum if a gots company.

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Myeh, I rarely let the coffee sit overnight but I have drunk reheated 24 hour coffee and not died. The reheated coffee doesn't taste anywhere near as good, but it's better than nothing.

This. Definitely no where near fresh, but it'll do.

DAMP1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I spent quite a few years traveling on business. Sometimes I'd get stuck at a hotel with no in-room coffee makers and no room service. I like my coffee within a few minutes after getting up; I'd get coffee "to-go" the night before and drink it in the morning. I don't drink that much of it but in the morning its a necessary part of my life..:) I lived thru it...

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
MickeyLee, you deleter! :mad:

Yes, I drank it cold. I had hit the afternoon sleepies, and it was just sitting there. I mixed it with a good amount of soy "egg nog" which made it all creamy and sweet. Topped it with mace because I ran out of nutmeg. It made it taste like coffee flavored egg nog. :biggrin1:

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ah, but what if you splurged on good coffee beans which is why you are reluctant to throw out the coffee?
If you splurge on 'em, you love good coffee.
Which is why you won't drink coffee 24 hours in the grave.

Me, I love my coffee from a French Press, tons of cream and sugar.
I use a French press. And a bit of cream. Pas de sucre, monsieur.

I use a little stove top espresso pressure pot and make it one cup at a time. Or a bolum if a gots company.
Does our Eurasian banmeister mean a bodum?
That would be a French press.
Yes?
Then you get points, boi.

Reheated coffee is just narsty.
Agreed.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Funny you mention this because I faced the same dilemma today. Brought a stainless steel thermos of coffee to work, got so busy I forgot to drink much of it and brought it back home. Difference is, I put sugar and cream in my coffee. I took it out the thermos poured it into a glass and put it in the fridge, but I'm thinking maybe I should toss it.

I'd say if your coffee sat at moderate room temperatures (70-ish) and had nothing added, it ought to be fine, though if it stayed heated for awhile it's probably stronger.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I say reheat it. Put it in a thermos. Take it to work along with a second thermos that is empty. Pour their fresh coffee into your empty thermos. Pour your leftover coffee into their pot. They'll never know.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Banmeister? :biggrin:
Well, you know how to ban peeps, right? There must be a control panel or sumpin?
When the hooded figure told me you had a lot to do with the disappearance of certain, um, members ... he/she/it added that you 'had the chops.'
Oops.
Never mind.

Standing corrected on the Bodum. But mine's a cheap Ikea knock off.
Ah. So is mine.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If you microwave it, the germs will be killed if you get it boiling hot. However, old coffee has lost essential oils it will never regain. To be worth it, you need to have a very good quality brew to begin with. Otherwise it will be horrible.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you microwave it, the germs will be killed if you get it boiling hot. However, old coffee has lost essential oils it will never regain. To be worth it, you need to have a very good quality brew to begin with. Otherwise it will be horrible.

It wasn't horrible actually, but I did buy good beans. The description on the beans said "action-packed" and that's why I chose it. I thought, that's what I want, coffee that's like a Kung-fu movie.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I gave up coffee in 1996, so I've lurked this thread without participation. But the OCD exhibited by some members here leaves me gobsmacked.

I brew a large pot of tea about once every ~36 hours, and sip till it's done. Even with my compromised immune system, I live to tell the tale :cool:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Coffee is acidic. A day isn't going to make it dangerous, more than likely. Check it for mold, and do as you please. I don't like coffee older than three hours. Recently, I have been very, very spoiled. I work in a coffee shop, and can drink anything for free. We throw out coffee that started dripping more than 59 minutes ago, and espresso that was brewed more than 15 seconds ago. By throw out, I mean drink. People come by and are like, "You guys are always so cheerful". No, Man, we're high. Very, very very high. And we work for people who have more caffeine than sense. Stupid shit is constantly around the corner, so it's either laugh or get mad.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is it a dream job, Altered?? If my doc hadn't told me to only drink filtered coffee due to the cholesterol in espresso, I'd think so. :tongue:
There is no cholesterol in coffee, unless you add it by adding milk or cream.

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Coffee is acidic. A day isn't going to make it dangerous, more than likely. Check it for mold, and do as you please. I don't like coffee older than three hours. Recently, I have been very, very spoiled. I work in a coffee shop, and can drink anything for free. We throw out coffee that started dripping more than 59 minutes ago, and espresso that was brewed more than 15 seconds ago. By throw out, I mean drink. People come by and are like, "You guys are always so cheerful". No, Man, we're high. Very, very very high. And we work for people who have more caffeine than sense. Stupid shit is constantly around the corner, so it's either laugh or get mad.

LOL, hilarious story! I loooove coffee shops, but I like sitting around reading and talking to other readers, not standing on my feet making coffee. That would probably take a lot of fun out of the coffeeshop.

Is it a dream job, Altered?? If my doc hadn't told me to only drink filtered coffee due to the cholesterol in espresso, I'd think so. :tongue:

There is no cholesterol in coffee, unless you add it by adding milk or cream.

There isn't cholesterol in coffee, but there is a substance in it that called cafestol that raises cholesterol and it is absorbed by coffee filters, which makes filtered coffee healthier. So, she's right about the effect, but not the cause. It's the reason why I rarely use my coffee press any more and I returned to using my coffee maker. I just didn't say anything about it earlier because I didn't want to sound like the health freak I deny that I am.

How Coffee Raises Cholesterol

Last edited: