28 year old bed wetter

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
lionsback said:
im 28 and i still wet the bed. im scare of relationships because of this condition. ant advice?

First, see a qualified urologist, to determine if there is any organic cause. If there isn't, then use the various techniques out there to retrain your body. Sometimes, some forms of sleep apnea can have symptoms including inability to wake to urinate. You may, after getting checked out by a urologist, need to go into a sleep lab to determine further causes and treatments. IT may be a symptom of something more serious, or simply that you are a very deep sleeper who needs to retrain your body and subconscience. Regardless, at 28, you need some professional help to get over this. Good luck!

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
David's advice is excellent. It's a problem that definitely needs professional help.

It may be a hormone imbalance related problem. This trait often runs in families from what I'm told, but resolves usually during adolescence. There are drugs that can help to varying degrees with some folks (to keep you dry: imipramine, an older anti-depressant is one, but has some annoying side effects). There are alarms that rely on a moisture detector worn on the groin that triggers either an audible alarm or even a mild electric shock to waken the sleeper at first trickle. The idea is to condition the deep sleeper to gain self awareness and wake up to take care of business.

Life must be extremely difficult, you have my sympathy. Get to a doctor and demand some expert advice.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi Lionsback. Have you had any girlfriends or boyfriends in the past?

likes natural wonders

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When you say "still" does this imply you have routinely wet your bed for 28 years? Are you an orphan, why the ____ didnt anyone catch on to this while you were growing up. Regardless a condition like such requires medical "attention" not just advice, and certainly not advice from a web site.

lionsback

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
its not routine, its a problem that has resurfaced after college.
yes i have had relationships in the past, but sabatoge them to not have to deal with this issue when the time comes to sleep in same bed.
thanks to recent postings i will see a urologist and hopefully get this corrected.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Does your normal routine include certain medications? For instance, I am taking meds for depression but I cannot take Paxil. It makes me wet the bed periodically.

lionsback

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
no new meds. but problem existed before current meds. breaking routine also includes flying to west coast. i.e new time zones

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
davidjh7 said:
First, see a qualified urologist, to determine if there is any organic cause. If there isn't, then use the various techniques out there to retrain your body. Sometimes, some forms of sleep apnea can have symptoms including inability to wake to urinate. You may, after getting checked out by a urologist, need to go into a sleep lab to determine further causes and treatments. IT may be a symptom of something more serious, or simply that you are a very deep sleeper who needs to retrain your body and subconscience. Regardless, at 28, you need some professional help to get over this. Good luck!

I do agree...check with the doctor.

One of my girlfriends 10y old son are using an "alarm equipment" because of this condition...he improved a 100% but he did not control his urine at all, not just during the sleep...