2d to 3d converter blu ray players

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You can buy a Panasonic 3D which has a built in 2D to 3D converter. I have one and while I don't watch much 3D because I don't like it, the converter works pretty well.

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can buy a Panasonic 3D which has a built in 2D to 3D converter. I have one and while I don't watch much 3D because I don't like it, the converter works pretty well.

I will not buy panasonic blu ray player becuses thay are making people buy there blu-ray plays to get avatar 3d movie.

I am looking at Samsung BD-D6700 3D Blu-ray Disc Player.

Samsung tv have 2d to 3d converter in the TV.

D_Hey Sailor

Experimental Member
Media
You mentioned Samsung TV's having a converter... I just bought a 55" 6500 series LED TV from them, and if their dvd players are using the same mock 3d tech.... I would look elsewhere.

If you want the be-all bluray player at a sane price, just scoop up a PS3 second hand or on sale. You aren't going to find anything at the price point as quick at loading menus or skipping through scenes, or as multimedia handy. Plus they have pretty robust support for various codec's if you're ever going to dump crap onto a usb drive (cept' for x264 MKV's that you need to convert :34:). Won't do 2d > 3d up-converts though.

I don't really get the 3D thing though. The first time I tried to fix my glance onto the background and was greeted by blur because the director/editor deemed that portion insignificant put me off...

Be a baller and buy an Anthem dvd player :naughty:

Last edited:

D_Hey Sailor

Experimental Member
Media
Try PS3 Media Server. It even supports external subtitles.

Wha :confused:, you mean like streaming from a PC media server to the PS3, orrr is this an application you can physically install?

Right now I just download 720p or 1080i rips and stick them onto a USB stick, after conversion, of course.

kenny233

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would think upconverting to 3D might be cheaper with a computer.

Not to change the subject, but how well does 2 - 3D upconverting work? I never thought about it, but it sounds interesting. I still don't think I like 3D enough to buy the electronics for it. Something to look into I guess.

Be a baller and buy an Anthem dvd player :naughty:

You would really be balling with an Anthem A/V setup!

D_LeonardoDeCrapio

Account Disable
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Getting the equipment to play 3D is the easy part, picking an actual TV takes forever. Best options? I have the PS3 and a 2 sets of JBL speakers (old school). What the best TV on the market?