2nd attempt: help with itching

D_Harvey_Dipstique

Experimental Member
Media
a few months ago I had this same problem...I get a really bad case of the "itches" down under (tant, bridge..whatever you call it) and on my balls too. There is no rash or redness or anything. I wonder if it is possible that it is extremely dry skin so I try lotions and stuff. Also I have tried jock itch creams. A girlfriend of mine suggested it was a yeast infection on the surface....any suggestions? I even wonder if it has something to do with the way my boxers fit and if they rub me there or something...but if I get them any larger they dont fit in the waist...suggestions? Similar problems?

MrGoodDate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have had a yeast infection, in my crevasses ... for me it turned red and oozed. Dr. tried topical medicine, much like athletics foot ointment , but stronger -- did not sure. But have ended up with expensive pills. If you have dry skin, try showering only.... and add some oils to your diet,,, like flax seed oil tablets, cod liver oil, or something

oldriver

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'd suggest a doctor visit. I had itching and scaly, flaky skin in the same area and it was finally diagnosed as lichen sclerosus chronicus, which is frequently mis-diagnosed as a yeast infection or chlymidia. (Yes, men CAN get yeast infections, I was told.) I was prescribed a corticosteroid ointment to apply to the affected area -- and changed my bath soap to Ivory bars. It has helped so far.