2nd date questions

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by mdshorts, Sep 18, 2007.

1. mdshorts

mdshorts New Member

I have what could be considered a 2nd date in a few days. I haven't had a lot of dating expierence, and what i have had ahs usually developed online a bit before meeting, so there's already some established common ground.
    The first date ended with one of those guy-ish handshakes that turns into a hug.
    I'm curious how I should greet this fellow; a hug, a pat on the shoulder, I really don't know.
    Also curious what other people think as far as 'the bases' With my last bf we didn't do anything until the 3rd date when we both hit home runs. Turns out he couldn't figure out why I was waiting so long!
    What's appropriate 2nd date behavior, without seeming to be slutty?

I really sound like a noob here, but like I said, my other relationships have been started online, and there's time to develop a rapport and a dialog.

Thanks

2. mdshorts

mdshorts New Member

damn, 75 views, no response.

Surely some one must have been out on a 2nd date!

3. dude4507

dude4507 New Member

I think on the second date you should be initiating some contact, so give him a hug when you see him and do stuff like touching his hand, shoulder, whatever. You know, let him know you're interested without taking your clothes off.

4. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, but only with girls.

Anyway, a lot of us probably came looking in the hope of finding advice!

5. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

Bro..I would greet him with a hug, as that is how you ended the date. Personally, I don't think I would give my stuff up on the second date, especially if I haven't as you put it established common ground. Get to know him some more--I agree with Dude. Let him know you are interested, but hold off on hitting a home run until you know him better...let the relationship grow. Make him hungry for more--like a third and fourth date. Good luck to you.

Draft saved Draft deleted