3 NJ mayors, lawmakers arrested in corruption case

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

NEWARK, N.J. – Officials are decrying political corruption in New Jersey after more than 40 people, among them rabbis and elected officeholders, were arrested in an investigation in which some were accused of laundering tens of millions of dollars and of black-market trafficking of kidneys and fake Gucci handbags. The 44 arrests Thursday were a remarkable number even for New Jersey, where more than 130 public officials have pleaded guilty or have been convicted of corruption since 2001.

"New Jersey's corruption problem is one of the worst, if not the worst, in the nation," said Ed Kahrer, who heads the FBI's white-collar and public corruption division. "Corruption is a cancer that is destroying the core values of this state." Gov. Jon Corzine said: "The scale of corruption we're seeing as this unfolds is simply outrageous and cannot be tolerated."

Good grief, I leave the state and y'all just let everything fall to pieces. :irked: I thought when I left Mr. Snakey and Massivepkgo_Chuck in charge things would change for the better. :rolleyes: Guess I will have to call in Jason_els and nudeyorker to finish cleaning up the corruption. :cool:

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've got a lot of relatives out in NJ, and I visit them every summer. It seems like every year there is some political shitstorm going on, and this just furthers that streak.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
KOSHER NOSTRA & DIRTY JERSEY
Perhaps the most shocking charge to rock the Jewish community involved Brooklyn rabbi Levy Izhak Rosenbaum, 58, who allegedly said he could broker the sale of a kidney for $160,000. On tapes, Rosenbaum allegedly boasted to Dwek that he'd been an organ "matchmaker" for more than 10 years and could bring over an Israeli donor for a "schmear," or money.

Other prominent busts in the Jewish community included:
* Eliahu Ben Haim, the principal rabbi of Congregation Ohel Yaacob synagogue in Deal, who allegedly laundered up to $160,000 by cashing checks made out to his tax-exempt charities and an Israeli connection, then keeping a 10 percent commission.
* Saul Kassin, 87, the chief rabbi of Sharee Zion synagogue in Brooklyn, who allegedly accepted Dwek's checks to launder money.
* Two Brooklyn brothers, Mordchai Fish and Lavel Schwartz, both rabbis at Congregation Sheves Achim in Brooklyn, who also allegedly were caught boasting they could launder millions. Agents raided the offices of Dial-a-Beeper in Williamsburg, where the holy men allegedly picked up their "washed" cash.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Good grief, I leave the state and y'all just let everything fall to pieces. :irked: I thought when I left Mr. Snakey and Massivepkgo_Chuck in charge things would change for the better. :rolleyes: Guess I will have to call in Jason_els and nudeyorker to finish cleaning up the corruption. :cool:
My dear, i made the phone call yesterday morning. The F.B.I. was here within a few hours. Nice guys. They sent me some cuban cigars. Peter Cammarano from Hoboken will go to jail. We went bowling together and i caught him cheating on the score. That was the beginning of the end for him. He punches like a girl and has a glass jaw.:cool:

Last edited: