3 Sexless Months at a time..

Which do you prefer, cake or pie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D_Notbos8m1

Just Browsing
Media
Well I'm taking this moment vent a bit. I've lately really come to have a harder and harder time to deal with my career. Here's my conundrum, I am an engineering officer in the Merchant Marines and I work a schedule of 3 months at sea, and 3 months vacation at home. Since I graduated from the academy the lack of female presence in my life had always been a bit of a downer. The older I get the more bitter I think I become. I know where the comments are going to go from here, yes I am a "sailor" am all to familiar with all the jokes that I'm sure are going to follow. I just needed to complain and since I'm heading out to sea at the moment there is no one to talk to lol. So now for the real important questions:

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dude, lack of sex is NO laughing matter. And I never make fun of people about such things.

If your stats were a bit different and you were within tongue distance, I'd fix ya up at no charge!

And, btw, pie rocks! Not enuf pies over here in Australia...wish they had a House of Pies here in Perth like the one in San Francisco...yummee!

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hmmm. . . a very good friend of mine started from scraping the bottom of oil tankers to Seaman 1st Class, and eventually became a Captain in the Merchant Marines. He never complained about the lack of sex. He did, however, complain that women merchant marines were just as poor about their personal hygiene as the men. I also remember he would put to sea sometimes for six months instead of 3.

If your career choice is making you bitter and you're upset about lack of sex, then I'd say it's rather clear you made the wrong career choice. Depends upon what is most important to you and what you want to do and what you want to enjoy in life. You should be able to accomplish both things at once.

Sorry about that.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Boston81m,
I feel for you man but you will survive and make the choices that you need to make for your happiness. Just don't compromise your happiness for money, sex, or some other stupid reason!

And yep, guys, whether ship or mainland bound, must resort to self love (even if married and getting it regularly!). Ain't nothing wrong with that.

I can't choose without knowing what kind of pie and cake but I will say that chocolate cake will almost win out over any pie except pumpkin with whipped cream!

However, put me up against chocolate cake and chocolate pudding pie and I will have both! :biggrin1:

Best wishes.
:smile:

Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I love pie!!!!!!!! Pumpkin is my favorite.
As for not having sex, its been 2 year since i had sex with a girl and about 7 months since i had sex with a dude. Mainly for me its been not having time, I am involved in alot of projects that interest me. Plus the sex thing with the woman was so awkward and not comfortable, I mean i like looking at Playboy, but I dont think I want to stick my dick in one, if that makes sense. And with the dude, it hurt like hell and I just do not want to have to sit on a pillow for a month again anytime soon! So my hands do the self love thing about 4 times a day, I am really in touch with my self love! lol

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well I'm taking this moment vent a bit. I've lately really come to have a harder and harder time to deal with my career. Here's my conundrum, I am an engineering officer in the Merchant Marines and I work a schedule of 3 months at sea, and 3 months vacation at home. Since I graduated from the academy the lack of female presence in my life had always been a bit of a downer. The older I get the more bitter I think I become. I know where the comments are going to go from here, yes I am a "sailor" am all to familiar with all the jokes that I'm sure are going to follow. I just needed to complain and since I'm heading out to sea at the moment there is no one to talk to lol. So now for the real important questions:

Feel lucky. I don't even go out to sea and I can't get any...

D_Deceptivus Wrongpeter

Experimental Member
Media
Ok, I'll keep the cracks about glory holes* and boatswain's lockers to myself and try to be helpful.

First, I notice that you are looking for female companionship. Everybody else on the board seems to think you are just looking for sex but at your age you are probably looking for a wife and being 3 mo on and 3 mo. off is a major problem in developing any kind of relationship.

I know that some companies allow senior officers to bring wives aboard. I don't know if this helps you, and it also supposes you already have a wife/GF, so that may not help.

Have you considered applying at a shore power station? I don't know what your certificates are, but if you're diesel, maybe you can get your turbine/boiler certs lined up and ready to go.

Good luck

* Just so y'all know, on board a ship, the glory hole is the most cramped, uncomfortable quarters on a ship right at the very back. It has nothing to do with holes in toilet partitions. Got it?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Devils Food Cake, but it's gotta be moist. Nothing worse than a dry chocolate cake. :yuck: Second choice, hot apple pie ala mode, with a thin slice of cheddar. :biggrin1: Yummy!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like sex too much not to have it for 3 months. I'd find another career or transfer to the Coast Guard. ( Insert your gay Navy reference here )

On more important matters...
I'd have to go with pie. Nice warm pie with whipped cream.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been without sex for nearly 10 months now. :eek: I have frequent dry spells, sometimes lasting for 4, 5 and even 6 YEARS. :frown1: And I hate it! I have a VERY high sex drive, just no opportunities!

As for the "more important" question, I like both cake and pie but it depends on what kind of cake and what kind of pie.

Cake: Devil's food, chocolate in general and is cheesecake considered a "cake"?

Pie: Pumpkin, apple, key lime

badgirl22

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey baby, the answer is VEGAS!!!! LOL

I feel for you, i really do. But, i think i can help make up for those lost three months in the 3 you're on shore.....

Pie rocks

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
AHHH! Nick beat me to the "what do you do with a drunken sailor" line but what actually DO YOU DO with a drunken sailor? Hey Nick - back off:smile: I meant ACCORDING TO THE SONG? I only remember the first couple lines but what really happened to him?

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]What Do You Do With A Drunken Sailor?[/FONT]

What'll we do with a drunken sailor,
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] What'll we do with a drunken sailor,
What'll we do with a drunken sailor,
Earl-aye in the morning?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chorus:
Way hay and up she rises (x3)
Earl-aye in the morning
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Put him in the long boat till he's sober,
2. Keep him there and make 'im bale 'er.
3. Shave his belly with a rusty razor.
4. Put him in bed with the captain's daughter.
[/FONT]