3 Sexless Months at a time..

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Notbos8m1, Dec 5, 2008.

?

Which do you prefer, cake or pie?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2008.
  1. Cake

36.7%
  2. Pie

63.3%
  1. D_Notbos8m1

D_Notbos8m1 New Member

Well I'm taking this moment vent a bit. I've lately really come to have a harder and harder time to deal with my career. Here's my conundrum, I am an engineering officer in the Merchant Marines and I work a schedule of 3 months at sea, and 3 months vacation at home. Since I graduated from the academy the lack of female presence in my life had always been a bit of a downer. The older I get the more bitter I think I become. I know where the comments are going to go from here, yes I am a "sailor" am all to familiar with all the jokes that I'm sure are going to follow. I just needed to complain and since I'm heading out to sea at the moment there is no one to talk to lol. So now for the real important questions:

Which do you prefer, cake or pie?

2. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    Dude, lack of sex is NO laughing matter. And I never make fun of people about such things.

If your stats were a bit different and you were within tongue distance, I'd fix ya up at no charge!

And, btw, pie rocks! Not enuf pies over here in Australia...wish they had a House of Pies here in Perth like the one in San Francisco...yummee!

3. Garth33

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Pie - hands down unless it's really good german chocolate cake. I have a thing for coconut.

4. midlifebear

Gold Member

Hmmm. . . a very good friend of mine started from scraping the bottom of oil tankers to Seaman 1st Class, and eventually became a Captain in the Merchant Marines. He never complained about the lack of sex. He did, however, complain that women merchant marines were just as poor about their personal hygiene as the men. I also remember he would put to sea sometimes for six months instead of 3.

If your career choice is making you bitter and you're upset about lack of sex, then I'd say it's rather clear you made the wrong career choice. Depends upon what is most important to you and what you want to do and what you want to enjoy in life. You should be able to accomplish both things at once.

Sorry about that.

5. B_Jennuine73

B_Jennuine73 New Member

Too bad you couldn't stowe away a certain someone!

6. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    Jen! You'd make a great pirate wench...LOL!

7. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

D_Pubert Stabbingpain Account Disabled

Boston81m,
    I feel for you man but you will survive and make the choices that you need to make for your happiness. Just don't compromise your happiness for money, sex, or some other stupid reason!

And yep, guys, whether ship or mainland bound, must resort to self love (even if married and getting it regularly!). Ain't nothing wrong with that.

I can't choose without knowing what kind of pie and cake but I will say that chocolate cake will almost win out over any pie except pumpkin with whipped cream!

However, put me up against chocolate cake and chocolate pudding pie and I will have both! :biggrin1:

Best wishes.
    :smile:

8. verycuriousblondie

verycuriousblondie New Member

I love pie!!!!!!!! Pumpkin is my favorite.
    As for not having sex, its been 2 year since i had sex with a girl and about 7 months since i had sex with a dude. Mainly for me its been not having time, I am involved in alot of projects that interest me. Plus the sex thing with the woman was so awkward and not comfortable, I mean i like looking at Playboy, but I dont think I want to stick my dick in one, if that makes sense. And with the dude, it hurt like hell and I just do not want to have to sit on a pillow for a month again anytime soon! So my hands do the self love thing about 4 times a day, I am really in touch with my self love! lol

9. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

10. D_Chocho_Lippz

D_Chocho_Lippz Account Disabled

Feel lucky. I don't even go out to sea and I can't get any...

11. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Bummer, I would like to fuck a sailor, that's hot!

12. D_Deceptivus Wrongpeter

Ok, I'll keep the cracks about glory holes* and boatswain's lockers to myself and try to be helpful.

First, I notice that you are looking for female companionship. Everybody else on the board seems to think you are just looking for sex but at your age you are probably looking for a wife and being 3 mo on and 3 mo. off is a major problem in developing any kind of relationship.

I know that some companies allow senior officers to bring wives aboard. I don't know if this helps you, and it also supposes you already have a wife/GF, so that may not help.

Have you considered applying at a shore power station? I don't know what your certificates are, but if you're diesel, maybe you can get your turbine/boiler certs lined up and ready to go.

Good luck

* Just so y'all know, on board a ship, the glory hole is the most cramped, uncomfortable quarters on a ship right at the very back. It has nothing to do with holes in toilet partitions. Got it?

13. Principessa

Gold Member

Devils Food Cake, but it's gotta be moist. Nothing worse than a dry chocolate cake. :yuck: Second choice, hot apple pie ala mode, with a thin slice of cheddar. :biggrin1: Yummy!

14. LongandBigSub

LongandBigSub New Member

Betty Crocker

15. earllogjam

Gold Member

I like sex too much not to have it for 3 months. I'd find another career or transfer to the Coast Guard. ( Insert your gay Navy reference here )

On more important matters...
    I'd have to go with pie. Nice warm pie with whipped cream.

16. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I've been without sex for nearly 10 months now. :eek: I have frequent dry spells, sometimes lasting for 4, 5 and even 6 YEARS. :frown1: And I hate it! I have a VERY high sex drive, just no opportunities!

As for the "more important" question, I like both cake and pie but it depends on what kind of cake and what kind of pie.

Cake: Devil's food, chocolate in general and is cheesecake considered a "cake"?

Pie: Pumpkin, apple, key lime

17. badgirl22

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey baby, the answer is VEGAS!!!! LOL

I feel for you, i really do. But, i think i can help make up for those lost three months in the 3 you're on shore.....

Pie rocks

18. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

yes!

oh, yes!

19. Garth33

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    AHHH! Nick beat me to the "what do you do with a drunken sailor" line but what actually DO YOU DO with a drunken sailor? Hey Nick - back off:smile: I meant ACCORDING TO THE SONG? I only remember the first couple lines but what really happened to him?

20. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]What Do You Do With A Drunken Sailor?[/FONT]

What'll we do with a drunken sailor,
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] What'll we do with a drunken sailor,
    What'll we do with a drunken sailor,
    Earl-aye in the morning?
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chorus:
    Way hay and up she rises (x3)
    Earl-aye in the morning
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Put him in the long boat till he's sober,
    2. Keep him there and make 'im bale 'er.
    3. Shave his belly with a rusty razor.
    4. Put him in bed with the captain's daughter.
    [/FONT]

Draft saved Draft deleted