350 Millionth Jock Strap

Mighty Joe

Experimental Member
Media
Bike Athletic noted the production of its 350 millionth jock strap when it was taken off the assembly line November 28, 2005. Now framed in Bike's Atlanta, GA headquarters, the company will release a jock boxer and jock brief in future months.
Bike invented the jock strap in 1874 to provide support for bicycle jockeys riding the cobblestone streets of Boston. Known then as the "Bike jockey strap," eventually shortened to just "jock strap."
On a side note, they have been known to hold some of the biggest and nicest balls in the country!:tongue:

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a female I find pictures of males
in jock straps positively drool-worthy.

They are much sexier than 75% of
the underwear on the market for men.

BJT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
windtalkerways said:
As a female I find pictures of males
in jock straps positively drool-worthy.

They are much sexier than 75% of
the underwear on the market for men.

I'll have to keep that in mind

jackM50black

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
THere was a story last year about jockstraps on Slate. It looks like young men no longer buy traditional jockstraps for sports or under shorts. Younger guys want combo jock/briefs so it said, that is for light support. Of course cups can only be worn with a jock, but young men it appears aren't buying cups as much as they used to. Then again, once you buy one you'll have it for years. The one I've got is from twenty years ago when I was in a softball league for two summers. I've still got a couple of old jockstraps that I wear from time to time. I even have my Dad's old jock strap, and yeah I have worn it sometimes, although its pretty old.

Reactions: Elgindude16

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would have to agree, a torso image of a well developed male in a Jock Strap with or without a cup can be a visual treat.

Maybe a fetish for me, but after traveling in Europe many years ago, I do have an appreciation for Fine Art. Way back when, the male and female nude was an object of beauty. In that regard, I certainly appreciate the viewpoint of those who lived before us.

Additionally, please be aware that I appreciate to this day a fine looking human body with or without clothes.

Google Image Result for http://www.gymworkoutgear.com/boys-youth/images/young_Youth_Intermediate_Banana_Cup_Jock_Strap.jpg

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
I'll put on my Bike stuff in honor of the occasion:

Photos 110/111/112: I forget which Bike model this is, but it's fairly recent - my old model 10, issued in high school, was lost during a move a few years ago. Gave the wrong box of clothes to Goodwill. So now you know where the jockstraps at the Goodwill store come from :biggrin1:

Photos 128/132: my current favorite, the Bike supporter brief. I seem to find the outline of these under many a wrestling singlet in photos. My pair has developed a run in the pouch from rubbing it too much...

And as a constant watcher for jocks/undergear in baseball/football uniforms from a young age, I can concur with the decline in jockstrap usage. You hardly see any jock lines in baseball anymore, but you still find the occasional shot. Pro football seems to split down the middle on compression shorts/jockstraps, if they're worn at all. Running backs seem to favor jocks the most still. College football is a whole nother animal and is ripe for tons of eye candy, as jockstraps still seem to be popular.

I've posted it elsewhere on LSPG already, and it hasn't been updated since 2004, but for those into pics of real players in real gear: http://gralls.goalie.cx/

Attachments