4 pci-e video cards on one computer just to play games?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Marius567, Jan 4, 2009.

1. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

why use 4 pci-e video cards on one computer just to play games on one monitor?

I can only crossfire 2 pci-e video cards on my computer :(

I have a slow amd athlon 64 2.60 Ghz x2 5000 cpu and will upgrade to the AMD Phennom 2.60 GHz x4 9956 quad core CPU when the faster phenom2 comes out this year so I can play video games then.

I have just one 1080P video card and blu-ray

#1 B_Marius567, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  2. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I guess im confused by your question.

You would link 4 video cards to handle just about the ultimate game out there by combining the video processing capability of the video cards.

More imporantly, I would think if you were to use one mabee two cards together with an ultra Fast bus speed, you'd be better off.

A 1600mhz or 1333mhz CPU and memory bus will get the job done by todays standards for the top notch games.

Pair that with a Quad or dual core processor running at around 3ghz and a fast SATA II, III, or SCSI hard drive controller and you'll be cookin fast.

If your trying to play fast games through a 800mhz front side bus, your just fighting a loosing battle, no matter how fast the processor.
    Gotta get the data to and from the RAM, To and From the Northbridge as fast as possible to experience true speed.

Draft saved Draft deleted