40yo Want To Try Shaving My Pubes

D

deleted3990581

That’s right. 40 years old and I’ve NEVER shaved my pubes. I mostly rock a full bush but I’ve also trimmed in the past. I have pics you can reference if you check my profile for my other posts.

I’m just looking for advice on how to make shaving down there go as smoothly as possible. Pun completely intended. I’ve always sorta been fascinated by that look and wanna know how it feels. I’ve just always been terrified of cutting, redness, bumps, and the itchiness when it starts to grow back.

I’m not looking for purists to come in here and complain about people who shave. Generally I have no personal preference either way. Just looking for tips on the best way to go about it and after that, the best way to maintain the smoothness and avoid stubble issues etc

Thanks in advance guys!

EmperorJimbo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If you’re going the chemical route my favorite was magic shave. The “platinum” one. I wax and have for years and love it. A new razor and some good gel also works, but keep in mind it WILL be itchy the first couple days or so and you’ll wonder why you did it. For me it happened like that but I kept at it and it works out, just like your face does if you shave that.

Baldsurfer

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To answer the actual question: If you have a beard trimmer, use it with the shortest guide to take off the bulk of the bush. Be careful with the trimmer on your shaft and especially on your balls. Loose ball skin can easily get between the guide comb and get nicked by the blades, so even with the trimmer, pull the skin taut before going over it.
When that's done, get in a hot shower or bath, give the hair some time to soften, and use shaving cream (or soap, and in a pinch, hair conditioner) and a fresh razor. For your first time shaving, I'd advise shaving with the grain (in the direction the hair grows), not against it. It won't be quite as smooth, but less chance of ingrown hairs. Again, make sure to pull shaft and sack hair taut while shaving, to avoid cuts and get a closer shave. When you're done, make sure you use cold water to close your pores. Pat dry, don't rub. Next day, exfoliate to avoid ingrowns. Make sure you powder when wearing underwear in the first couple of days, so the stubble doesn't rub or itch.
If you decide you like it and want to keep shaving, as your skin gets used to it, you can start shaving against the grain for even smoother results.
Good luck and share pictures of the results. You'll be really surprised of how different it feels to be smooth.

Reactions: EmperorJimbo

wilsonthevolleyball

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Take pics before and after. I used to shave but could never get rid of the razor bumps. So I let mine grow and trim around the base. Even dye to make them darker. I don't have any body hair other than pubes so I like the looks.

Reactions: diver6
D

deleted3990581

Y’all are awesome. Thanks for all the tips. I ordered some hair removal cream from Amazon so we will see how that goes. I’ll probably trim down as short as possible before using it though. When I get a chance to go through with it I’ll post an “after” pic. This before pic is from my snap story last night AA70BF94-EAC8-4571-9A1E-CE7E0F7CC169.jpeg
3ACC83DF-E6A0-4D7D-802A-7080BDD34615.png

Reactions: bijockfl

Min23

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
You probably need to experiment with different methods to see what suits you best. Over the years I've been through periods of plucking, waxing, shaving, (which always left me with a rash), & now I use a Phillips body hair trimmer (Series 1000 body groomer) which seems to be specially designed for the purpose. The comb is tiny & very fine so it doesn't nick the folds in your skin and the smooth blade guides mean there's no more rash! The shave isn't quite so smooth though, I reckon roughly equivalent to 12 hours stubble. A great little device.

Have fun shaving. It feels great, especially when you rub in moisturizer or sunscreen on the beach:)

Schlong87

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Y’all are awesome. Thanks for all the tips. I ordered some hair removal cream from Amazon so we will see how that goes. I’ll probably trim down as short as possible before using it though. When I get a chance to go through with it I’ll post an “after” pic. This before pic is from my snap story last night View attachment 45469061 View attachment 45469541
i'd say fuck that and those balls and dick hairy asf

sc423

Expert Member
Media
I've been doing it for years. Don't mess around with the creams/lotions you will burn your balls. If you just want to try it out get a new razor blade and shaving cream. Trim the hair down and then shave. Do it in the shower and put on this type of lotion afterwards at least twice a day to avoid red bumps.

CeraVe lotion fairly often. https://amzn.to/3ns6BE4 and https://amzn.to/3qdzkiX

DeanGreen

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I use Nads for Men. It's $5 at amazon. I first tried it first time for the maximum time 10 minutes. Ten minutes was too long. So 8 minutes was just right. I use an egg timer. Be careful not to put it on your anus. Wipe it off with paper towels. I shower after.

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't understand the fear and problems of using a razor to shave. I use the Gillette Venus (same one brand my wife uses on herself). If you can shave your face, you can shave your junk. Bumps and nicks are from dull or cheap blades. The Venus are designed for this purpose. They have 3 blades with pads. Start with a brand new blade. When complete, take it out of the shower when not in use. The moisture in there oxidizes the blades and make them dull faster. I shave about every 3-4 days. And because I keep it all shaved, it's fast and easy to do. When done I apply Sweet Almond oil to everything (great for the whole body too). Most important: When you start to feel it tug on the hair... Throw the damn thing away and get a new one.

Edit: You can easily shave deep in your ass as well with these (I do). Can't do that with the gel hair removers...
719EliQH1hL._SL1500_.jpg

sc423

Expert Member
Media
I don't use it for this purpose all the time, but almond oil is great.

I don't understand the fear and problems of using a razor to shave. I use the Gillette Venus (same one brand my wife uses on herself). If you can shave your face, you can shave your junk. Bumps and nicks are from dull or cheap blades. The Venus are designed for this purpose. They have 3 blades with pads. Start with a brand new blade. When complete, take it out of the shower when not in use. The moisture in there oxidizes the blades and make them dull faster. I shave about every 3-4 days. And because I keep it all shaved, it's fast and easy to do. When done I apply Sweet Almond oil to everything (great for the whole body too). Most important: When you start to feel it tug on the hair... Throw the damn thing away and get a new one.

Edit: You can easily shave deep in your ass as well with these (I do). Can't do that with the gel hair removers...
719EliQH1hL._SL1500_.jpg

D

deleted3990581

Not bad for the first time. Used a cream yesterday to get rid of most of it. Used shaving cream and a fresh razor today to get as close as possible. Still need to work on the area around my thighs and under my balls. But this will do for now

Attachments

50guy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I actually do use Nair on my balls. (Yeah, I know-I'm insane.) The first time I did it, I found out the hard way NOT to leave it on too long. So now, I do it about once a month-I put it on, leave it on just long enough to brush my teeth and shave, then get into the shower right away and rinse it off. It does still burn for about a day afterwards, so I make sure I do it on the weekend so I have a couple days off to let that sensitive skin heal.

D

deleted3990581

All the creams reek so I’m not sure if I’m gonna stick with that or not. I think the idea of not doing it all in one sitting kinda prevented my skin from getting too irritated. So I might do 90% of the work one night, and then shave close the following morning. Something like that