5 dead in gym shooting

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I though people who worked out were happier in general! Endorphins and all...

My thoughts exactly... However as tragic as this situation is, I would guess that it was someone who was not a member and had an ax to grind with a member or the club.And was probably one of the last people to be chosen for dodge ball in school.

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
these thing s always happen due to jealosy and envy. People watch tv their whole life and base their own life on that. there's nothing real about the stories or people we see on TV or in the movies. it's all unreal. Coming to that realization is hard and painful to deal with in a world where we are always told that we can be what ever and whoever we want to be... it's not true, especially when we all want to be Bran Pitt and Angelina Jolie... no positive attitude will ever make that happen. You have to find your own way... even if you look like a wildebeast.
Garg MAn
Garg MAn

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My thoughts exactly... However as tragic as this situation is, I would guess that it was someone who was not a member and had an ax to grind with a member or the club.And was probably one of the last people to be chosen for dodge ball in school.
HEY! I was chosen last for every team in school. :cry: I'm not homocidal, I don't even own a gun.

So its looking like someone with a hate of women...[/QUOTE] Or maybe just one woman. Perhaps he was rejected by a woman who after losing weight realized she could do better than his middle-aged crazy self. :rolleyes:
This is horrible...now we have to start profiling people in our minds who look out of place in a situation...
I've been doing that since 1997 when I started traveling cross country by myself for work. Since I was in and out of schools and American schools were having shootings I definetely profiled in the classroom.

After 9/11 I was beyond paranoid. I was scared for my friends husband who was born in Turkey but had recently become an American citizen because he looks middle-eastern. He flys a lot for work usually commercially but I called my friends and said see if they can put Mustafa on the company jet. She was like, already on it.

That said I do get doubly annoyed when I am singled out for extra searching. I don't care what the TSA says I do not fit the profile of any terrorist that has ever been seen on US soil. That was the only good thing about 9/11. For once black people were off the hook.

Last edited:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I bet he was not a regular gym goer. Athletic people secrete endorphins. They usually are happier than most.

It's disturbing that I'm not really shocked by these shooting anymore as they occur with a regular frequency these days.

hairyman101

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
think of all the lonely people in the world. i have a nice body and money and a mustang gt.....but women just stick there nose up in the air. i get more looks from guys!!! i would not have the balls to do something like he did. but i guess loniness could eat at you like a cancer. people can be cruel. i go to the gym and it does make me feel better. this is just one guy out of many. hope to god it never happens again.

MysticNight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This kind of crap really opens your eyes to me...especially when it happens so close to me...the gym is the last place I would ever expect to not come back from. People are nuts, now there's going to end up being increased security at gyms because of people too I bet in the future, we're going to end up having to go through a security checkpoint everywhere eventually.